MATCH: vs Accrington Stanley (H) 24/08/2021 - 19.00 - Carabeo Cup Rd 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Club are desperate to find a buyer for Bahamboula. He will probably leave before the window for a cut price. 

That will probably be the cherry on top to ramp up for a huge protest against Barrow. 

To sell Bahamboula now except for an unusually large fee, which is not what Latics do, would be an act of extreme stupidity. He, along side Vaughan and Luamba were the stand out players last night. All young with bags of potential that would just be passed on to another club to gain from.

The down side last night was the throwing of tennis balls on to the pitch and whoever threw the smoke needs one sticking up his arse and I will gladly ignite it, I hope if he can read, that he sees his act clearly condemned on this forum.

19 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

To sell Bahamboula now except for an unusually large fee, which is not what Latics do, would be an act of extreme stupidity. He, along side Vaughan and Luamba were the stand out players last night. All young with bags of potential that would just be passed on to another club to gain from.

The down side last night was the throwing of tennis balls on to the pitch and whoever threw the smoke needs one sticking up his arse and I will gladly ignite it, I hope if he can read, that he sees his act clearly condemned on this forum.

But you know Bahamboula can go for nothing next summer?  I'll agree with you on the flares but i see no downside from lobbing tennis balls on the pitch in these circumstances.

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But you know Bahamboula can go for nothing next summer?  I'll agree with you on the flares but i see no downside from lobbing tennis balls on the pitch in these circumstances.

The fact that Bahamboula can go next summer is why anyone with any sense would have him put pen to paper on a longer contract but do we think Mo is capable? I have never read or seen any debate/discussion/uprising/contretemps etc being won by a tennis ball throwing competition, may I suggest feathers at 40 paces. The press are also wrongly describing that a flare was thrown onto the pitch, there is a big difference between a flare and smoke, their use and amount of light emitted, I have been unfortunate enough to have used both.

Just now, C.O.JONES said:

The fact that Bahamboula can go next summer is why anyone with any sense would have him put pen to paper on a longer contract but do we think Mo is capable? I have never read or seen any debate/discussion/uprising/contretemps etc being won by a tennis ball throwing competition, may I suggest feathers at 40 paces. The press are also wrongly describing that a flare was thrown onto the pitch, there is a big difference between a flare and smoke, their use and amount of light emitted, I have been unfortunate enough to have used both.

They did.

11 hours ago, kev1970 said:

The Crystal Palace game was the one Simon Jordan made us have a third kit made because he would not play in there away kit at home even thou he knew we was in financial trouble.

We were rolling in it at the time, weren't we? It was later in the season when we got into financial bother.

As for last night, didn't go but sounds like a decent performance and a good result in a glorified friendly; if you can class a 0-0 draw as a good result. Would much rather we could actually beat teams in our own division though. Despite not going, I am nominating the Athletico's as MOTM. Got more publicity for the club's plight in one evening than anyone else has managed in over two years. Superb work...

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Typical. 😂

Rounds 1 to I think the quarter finals you get no prize money but 45% of the gate money.

We need a big club - close to home - with a big ground - and poor team - in round 3 - and all the help we can find!!:unsure:

Archived