MATCH: vs Accrington Stanley (H) 24/08/2021 - 19.00 - Carabeo Cup Rd 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Thought we were pretty good tonight to be honest. For a 0-0 I enjoyed that. We are still crying out for a decent striker, but lots of positives. Thought Vaughan was great again, and caused them problems, however we had our best spell when he went off and Adams came on. On that cameo Adams is wasted at RB or RWB and should be used in a more attacking position, he also brought the best out of Fage who I thought was excellent 2nd half. Even DKD made an impact when he came on, which is about time. Luamba put a right shift in and should have scored, but I do think it’s too soon at this level in a starting position. I thought Hope was poor again, not impressed so far. 
Abdallah protests took on a new level today, outside the ground, inside the ground, tennis balls and lots more on the pitch. I’ve got to be honest, and say the kids today in RRE are a real credit. Created a good atmosphere, getting behind the side and also ramping it up with the Abdallah stuff. Fair play to them I say!!!

It took DKD 10 minutes to get his first touch, but yes… he did eventually provide a couple of decent touches I suppose.  

If we get a PL team i'd have Diarra first on the team sheet. He will scare the shit out of them. He scares me...one 'tackle' away from hospitalising an opponent.  Can you imagine him flying in against an overpaid tart? Of course, we have to balance that against us being down to 10 men for 80 minutes.

That said, it sounds like he did okay tonight.

Just now, bigfatjoe1 said:

If we get a PL team i'd have Diarra first on the team sheet. He will scare the shit out of them. He scares me...one 'tackle' away from hospitalising an opponent.  Can you imagine him flying in against an overpaid tart? Of course, we have to balance that against us being down to 10 men for 80 minutes.

That said, it sounds like he did okay tonight.

He wasn't good, just stood in the way really. 

Credit for his effort though.

The biggest concern is Hallam Hope who hasn't look like scoring all season and not often first to the ball. A big tough hold up goal scoring centre forward is now a priority. What's John Akinde doing these days? 

Mind you I doubt whether £800 would tempt him.

Incidentally, what's happened to Deanley, he's only a shadow of the player he was and can hardly run. Something not quite right with his long term injury I guess.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He wasn't good, just stood in the way really. 

Credit for his effort though.

The biggest concern is Hallam Hope who hasn't look like scoring all season and not often first to the ball. A big tough hold up goal scoring centre forward is now a priority. What's John Akinde doing these days? 

Mind you I doubt whether £800 would tempt him.

Incidentally, what's happened to Deanley, he's only a shadow of the player he was and can hardly run. Something not quite right with his long term injury I guess.

Dearnley probably scared to run to hard. Affects ur confidence doesnt it

First game back after watching on iFollow and loved that tonight. 

thought we looked half decent, a bit light up top but shaded the game having the better of the back end of each half. Worst two were hope and diarra but both put shifts in. Impressed with Vaughan Clarke and hart tonight who I thought were superb. Luamba worked hard and prob should have put his header away if he’d have preemptive better on the cross. Subs didn’t really add much but we easily deserved a point. Accrington as bad as their support and created nowt of note. Our pen record is good so always fancied us and have to give credit to Walker who was brilliant in the shoot out.

for the team a good positive result. Worried our lack of goal scoring is going to cause us issues, sort that and we will be half decent with plenty of players to come back. 

Thought we played very well whilst having absolutely nothing up front 

Harry Vaughan is a very good player I think his size works against him and could do with bulking up so he’s not shoved off the ball so easily 

Sam Hart is a good signing, very calm and tidy 

I like Jordan Clarke 

Fage looked decent and Whelan tried to make things happen 

Junior isn’t quite there yet but has effort in abundance and fair play keeping his head to score his pen after the initial miss

had a chicken balti pie instead of cheese and onion - found it a bit dry to be honest and I enjoyed sitting in the North Stand - May relocate 

16 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

First game back after watching on iFollow and loved that tonight. 

thought we looked half decent, a bit light up top but shaded the game having the better of the back end of each half. Worst two were hope and diarra but both put shifts in. Impressed with Vaughan Clarke and hart tonight who I thought were superb. Luamba worked hard and prob should have put his header away if he’d have preemptive better on the cross. Subs didn’t really add much but we easily deserved a point. Accrington as bad as their support and created nowt of note. Our pen record is good so always fancied us and have to give credit to Walker who was brilliant in the shoot out.

for the team a good positive result. Worried our lack of goal scoring is going to cause us issues, sort that and we will be half decent with plenty of players to come back. 

Pity we don’t get a point then, we could do with one.

Special mention to the Athleticos for the atmosphere they created, particularly the last 20 minutes when we got bang on top and played some great stuff. 
Coleman was cacking his pants near the end, pity we just couldn’t finish them off with the goal we deserved.

11 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

According to the Daily Star, Oldham fans have been throwing balls at the players. I think they've missed the point. Why?

Still, the sweet prince knows what's really going on.

And the Daily Mail has it as “players throwing tennis balls at OWN fans”

Trash the pair of them 

Archived