BBC Football Focus

Sat 150 miles away watching that has just brought tears to my eyes.

Well done to all taking part, if we achieve our aim of new owners and better times, you all need to be very proud and applauded by all of us who want change.

Hats off to you and a huge thanks from West Cumbria.

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

As usual the club hierarchy refuse to appear in person and put out another written statement - probably written by a lawyer!

Not a big point but referring to PTB and the trust as ‘fans groups’ and not by name says it all. It conveys a sense of illegitimacy and alludes to these bodies being nothing more than a few moaning people.

They can’t bring themselves to properly acknowledge these groups, their legitimacy and what they stand for.

They are so much more than ‘fans groups.’ They are the essence and spirit of the football club.

Shame on you OAFC Ltd 2004 or whatever your name is 

32 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Not a big point but referring to PTB and the trust as ‘fans groups’ and not by name says it all. It conveys a sense of illegitimacy and alludes to these bodies being nothing more than a few moaning people.

They can’t bring themselves to properly acknowledge these groups, their legitimacy and what they stand for.

They are so much more than ‘fans groups.’ They are the essence and spirit of the football club.

Shame on you OAFC Ltd 2004 or whatever your name is 

I always love the line. 

‘He has invested his considerable amount of personal wealth’  it reads like he was forced to instead of what it was- a choice. 

On 10/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, League one forever said:

I always love the line. 

‘He has invested his considerable amount of personal wealth’  it reads like he was forced to instead of what it was- a choice. 

A lot of what he calls investment went n paying poor players silly money, and also paying players who never even made the 1st. team.

5 hours ago, al_bro said:

A lot of what he calls investment went n paying poor players silly money, and also paying players who never even made the 1st. team.

Are you telling me that you consider Queensy Menig's £11k a week (plus hotel expenses) for 5 months to be silly money?!  How dare you!

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Are you telling me that you consider Queensy Menig's £11k a week (plus hotel expenses) for 5 months to be silly money?!  How dare you!

Queensy was one of the few to progress higher, going on to play in the top flight in Holland and now at Partizan Belgrade.

Another of AL's mistakes was to spend big on those sort of wages too early, which really defeated his slowly slowly policy.

10 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I thought that almost made sense as a one-off but I did wonder what on earth young Mr Menig made of what was happening to his career.  At least he showed ability.

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That was the tune played at the start - it’s the piano playing in the background when the lads are speaking that I recognise but just cannot place 🤔

Finally…It has come to me 😃

The song is “Last Orders” by Richard Hawley.

it’s the song I want to be played at my funeral as they carry my coffin down the aisle 👍

On 10/10/2021 at 8:55 AM, BP1960 said:

Think he might have been referring to Clarke.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Finally…It has come to me 😃

The song is “Last Orders” by Richard Hawley.

it’s the song I want to be played at my funeral as they carry my coffin down the aisle 👍

I think it's Lippy Kids by Elbow

Archived