MATCH: vs Ipswich Town (A) 06/11/21 #FACup 1st Round 🏆

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Hope somebody goes through him this time after what he did last time in front of North stand.

If people are going to give our own players shit they can't complain when they turn up for another club and give it us back after they score.

1 hour ago, kev1970 said:

Hope somebody goes through him this time after what he did last time in front of North stand.

You don't want to see any player getting badly injured by intentionally bad tackles. It's their career which could be at stake. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

For any normal club we'd already be looking at a big third round tie.  Bringing a bigger club back for a replay and a home fixture against a small club.  However.....

A long journey for Ipswich to Barrow, might not fancy getting through, especially with another long away midweek league match close after with promotion their priority.

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

A long journey for Ipswich to Barrow, might not fancy getting through, especially with another long away midweek league match close after with promotion their priority.

There were quite a few comments on their forum that they expected a weaker side to  be put out for the replay.  I was surprised to find out that Saturday's team was pretty much first choice; as the shirt numbers went up as high as 55 I'd assumed that wasn't the case.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

You don't want to see any player getting badly injured by intentionally bad tackles. It's their career which could be at stake. 

He was giving it out enough at our place and getting away with it he was more bothered about his hair when he was at our place 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Ipswich would be at home

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Good, that deprives AL of £32500 and another £22629 if we win. Not that I really want us to lose.

Stocport had 5000 fans at Bolton on Saturday. We couldn't get that many at home even before AL rocked up.

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

There were quite a few comments on their forum that they expected a weaker side to  be put out for the replay.  I was surprised to find out that Saturday's team was pretty much first choice; as the shirt numbers went up as high as 55 I'd assumed that wasn't the case.

Think Cook who has significant history in the cup, IIRC he was Wigan’s manager when they knocked City out a couple of years ago, said he was taken the cup seriously.

Morsy wearing 55 is probably connected to him liking the #5 but that already being taken. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Think Cook who has significant history in the cup, IIRC he was Wigan’s manager when they knocked City out a couple of years ago, said he was taken the cup seriously.

Morsy wearing 55 is probably connected to him liking the #5 but that already being taken. 

#modernfootball

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Stocport had 5000 fans at Bolton on Saturday. We couldn't get that many at home even before AL rocked up.

You can't even say the 5000 are part timers because they regularly get that at home.  Even when they were in The Conference North. 

13 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Bettache was signed on a season long loan, so why weren’t we allowed to play him in the FA Cup?

It wouldn’t be the first time we signed someone on a season long loan for their parent club to recall them in January. In the past we’ve also had issues around the payment of wages and the like for loan players.

Furthermore, although we said we signed him on a season long loan, I think the embargo connected to the EFL loan may say otherwise.

Archived