MATCH: vs Wigan Athletic (H) Pizza Cup 04/01/2022 🍕

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen some weak displays in my time, but even a non league level never as bad as this.

Is this the managers last match? AL won't be pleased as there's good prize money in this competition and Selim has surrendered it with his team selection. 

Never mind tired players he is supposed to building a team.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Let's just remind ourselves how the official site built him up when we signed him to be the hybrid Christiano Ronaldo Lionel Messi and Andy Ritchie. I'm hoping for similar comedy gold this month.

Hopcutt signs

Is he a ringer, a  waiter from abroad?

Don't think anyone can blame the striker or wingers tonight. Be hard work getting the ball fired up into the air or nowhere near you and having to try do something with it while being pressed by one or two players. Just stuck around our own box. McGahey has been awful, Turner out of his depth. Turner off for DKD surely. No real options other than that on the bench. Fage on for Cisse and put Adams CM only other real option

I don't often get to watch, but am doing tonight. Christ, it's awful. If you sack your manager half way through the season then the very least you expect from someone taking their place is to get the team organised.

Selim has in no way got them organised. Adams, the best crosser, anchored at right back. Cisse and Turner floating around the edge of their own box, looking to pass sideways behind the full back. Hopcutt seems to be playing as a static left wing back. With Couto behind him at left back.  Luamba totally isolated up front.  No obvious pattern or style to the play either. I have no idea what we're trying to do as a team.

Does Abdallah even watch the games? Or does he just rely on Mo telling him the lads did great after a 0-0 draw? As the owner of the club, if you're watching this and have any interest in your team doing well then you'd get a proper manager in and fund some signings.

I'm not having the commentary team's excuses that Wigan are effectively a Championship side. Yes they've got better players than us, but watching that it doesn't seem that it'd matter who we were playing, I just couldn't imagine us scoring against anyone playing like this. 1 goal in the last 3 games probably backs that up.

HT. It was never going to be easy against a strong Wigan side. 3 set pieces (one excellent strike) to concede from is disappointing. Tbh, I can't fault the effort off the ball. The shape has been fairly solid, certainly serviceable at the level we need it to be. The problems are in possession. There's no energy in our play, no cohesion. Only Vaughan and bamboozler (skill everyone) look like they know what they want to do with the ball. It's why we struggle so much passing it out from the back. We sleepwalk into giving the ball away. I think cisse epitomised this. It takes him so long to figure out what to do with the ball that he's either been closed down or lost it by the time he's ready. 

Decided I’d had enough after Barrow,seems I’ve not missed anything since.Relegation seems a certainty barring a miracle but to be honest we are where we are on merit.Mo’s recruitment is responsible for much of this,we are simply not good enough.

We are light years behind Wigan….it’s an absolute piss take of the fans who’ve turned up to support this shower.

We haven’t even had an attack, never mind a shot on goal! It is probably the most inept performance I’ve ever seen from a professional football team.

Absolutely disgusted with that tonight!!

Just now, BP1960 said:

Selim might stay if he keeps it less than 6-0.

Selim is going nowhere. The Lemsegam's have shown no interest in making the sort of decisions that might change our fortunes on the pitch. He's cheap, they've presumably not brought anyone else in to do his job in the youth set up, so will just be loading extra responsibility on everyone involved. It's a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Selim is going nowhere. The Lemsegam's have shown no interest in making the sort of decisions that might change our fortunes on the pitch. He's cheap, they've presumably not brought anyone else in to do his job in the youth set up, so will just be loading extra responsibility on everyone involved. It's a recipe for disaster.

His boss (youth team) but assistant (first team) may take on more? 

Archived