Interested Parties

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Have you also tried the other Chelse bidders who are unlikely to win the takeover?

It’s like asking someone who’s tried to buy a limited edition Lamborghini if they fancy your 15 year old Ford Focus instead. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It’s like asking someone who’s tried to buy a limited edition Lamborghini if they fancy your 15 year old Ford Focus instead. 

A car that has been driven by a partially sighted stock car driver with no licence for the last four years. 

6 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Some collect vintage cars.

27 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

They guy is worth $16 billion, just imagine what great things he could do with latics without at relatively little cost to him. 

he could make himself a legend just off the interest wo even knowin he had spent it.

39 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

They guy is worth $16 billion, just imagine what great things he could do with latics without at relatively little cost to him. 

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

he could make himself a legend just off the interest wo even knowin he had spent it.

Successfull business men aren't successful by throwing money at lost causes 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Successfull business men aren't successful by throwing money at lost causes 

I'm sure he will spend money for pleasure where he knows he won't get a return. 

40 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm sure he will spend money for pleasure where he knows he won't get a return. 

Joking aside pleasure and spunking millions away each year are two different things 

No billionaire is taking on this basket case for reasons they would never have become billionaire's with such an approach 

Can't believe people think otherwise 

Oldham Athletic is not “on brand” for Ineos. They’re a stakeholder in Mercedes F1 and main sponsor of the former Sky cycling team for example. You can’t own more than one club in England so I assume if he wants to get into football club ownership here then he’ll presumably wait for similar opportunities to Chelsea. 

However, once OASF have their proposition formalised I don’t see why they couldn’t approach Radcliffe’s representatives to ask for a chunky donation to the cause as a local boy. That might be a bit more realistic. 

On 5/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, nzlatic said:

Oldham Athletic is not “on brand” for Ineos. They’re a stakeholder in Mercedes F1 and main sponsor of the former Sky cycling team for example. You can’t own more than one club in England so I assume if he wants to get into football club ownership here then he’ll presumably wait for similar opportunities to Chelsea. 

However, once OASF have their proposition formalised I don’t see why they couldn’t approach Radcliffe’s representatives to ask for a chunky donation to the cause as a local boy. That might be a bit more realistic. 

I feel sorry for the super rich, they dont live in the world of real life.

Not a world I could live in.  

Fish and chips over caviar everytime.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Could this have been us? 

Nor sure how the EFLs fit and proper owners test comes into this.

Maybe our financial expert @Dave_Og

has some thoughts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-nfts-crawley-english-premier-league-b2077295.html

<Many people will disagree but personally I think it is absolute nonsense.  I've no doubt that winners will emerge from the technology behind cryptocurrency but I'd be absolutely 100% certain there'll be a hell of a lot more losers.  The recent experience of those who bought NFTs with Sportemon - Go (the childishness of the name should be enough of a clue) including those sucked into it by their sponsorship of Hibs and Rangers is a good lesson. 

Any American who can make this statement with a straight face is at best a fool and at worst, dangerous:

We want it to be wherever you live, if you have an internet connection, you are a Crawley Town FC supporter.”

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Omg that is a horrible idea, money truly is the root of all evil as far as football is concerned 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

<Many people will disagree but personally I think it is absolute nonsense.  I've no doubt that winners will emerge from the technology behind cryptocurrency but I'd be absolutely 100% certain there'll be a hell of a lot more losers.  The recent experience of those who bought NFTs with Sportemon - Go (the childishness of the name should be enough of a clue) including those sucked into it by their sponsorship of Hibs and Rangers is a good lesson. 

Any American who can make this statement with a straight face is at best a fool and at worst, dangerous:

We want it to be wherever you live, if you have an internet connection, you are a Crawley Town FC supporter.”

I stopped reading at "English soccer team"

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Could this have been us? 

Nor sure how the EFLs fit and proper owners test comes into this.

Maybe our financial expert @Dave_Og

has some thoughts?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ap-nfts-crawley-english-premier-league-b2077295.html

That will end in tears shame for the Crawley fans that.

I think the thing to take away from that is if something seems too good to be true it usually is "We are all going to make it together" United sounds like a get rich quick scheme.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That will end in tears shame for the Crawley fans that.

I think the thing to take away from that is if something seems too good to be true it usually is "We are all going to make it together" United sounds like a get rich quick scheme.

This shambles says plenty - it was supposed to be a way of removing the wild volatility from crypto prices.  That went well

Terra ETPs plummet as stablecoin de-pegs from US dollar (etfstream.com)

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There are material US stakes now in over half the PL Clubs.  Best get used to it

Not just football, all sports is heading in a similar way. See golf and the Saudis for example. All marketable sports will be owned by the mega rich looking to squeeze every last penny out of punters.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

This shambles says plenty - it was supposed to be a way of removing the wild volatility from crypto prices.  That went well

Terra ETPs plummet as stablecoin de-pegs from US dollar (etfstream.com)

I do wonder in a few years we will see documentaries or even films about people who bet heavy on crypto and lost it all. They don't actually appear to have any value in them unless someone buys it off you.

Archived