Interested Parties

On 4/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, PeteG said:

What if he's selling 85% for substantially less than is rumoured? 

Has whoever is looking to purchase 85% of the football club approached OASF at all?

The fans have been treated extremely poorly by the current owners and board, so I would have thought a discussion of some sort would be key to any new major shareholder looking to repair that relationship and see how club and fan groups could work better together. 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nzlatic said:

Has whoever is looking to purchase 85% of the football club approached OASF at all?

The fans have been treated extremely poorly by the current owners and board, so I would have thought a discussion of some sort would be key to any new major shareholder looking to repair that relationship and see how club and fan groups could work better together. 

I don't even know that 85% bit is correct, I was using it as an example of AL retaining a minority share. No idea if they have approached OASF i'm sure they would have said if they could have? I'm also led to believe there is more than 1 group with a possibility of 3 groups involved but not necessarily together.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I don't even know that 85% bit is correct, I was using it as an example of AL retaining a minority share. No idea if they have approached OASF i'm sure they would have said if they could have? I'm also led to believe there is more than 1 group with a possibility of 3 groups involved but not necessarily together.

Ok. Quite the shift from a few days ago when you said there weren't any credible bidders. Well hopefully any interested party understands that getting the fans on board is pretty important.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

A 3 consortium merger, now that's worth pursuing. 😃

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That’ll be old news surely, he was after the club when the 3 amigos came in…. the guy is now 84!!

Interesting article about him in the MEN from 6 years ago ran the 165 year old family business a d has been involved in the textile industry his parents retired when they were 94 and 96 respectively so I reckon he would probably wouldn't be the type who would slow down just because he's in his 80's. Said at the time he was done with Football but that was 6 years ago so it's possible he changed his mind.

Barry Chaytow

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That’ll be old news surely, he was after the club when the 3 amigos came in…. the guy is now 84!!

Ex-chairman, Middleton connections, and his mum and dad worked until well into their 90s according to an old MEN article. All good!

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Interesting article about him in the MEN from 6 years ago ran the 165 year old family business a d has been involved in the textile industry his parents retired when they were 94 and 96 respectively so I reckon he would probably wouldn't be the type who would slow down just because he's in his 80's. Said at the time he was done with Football but that was 6 years ago so it's possible he changed his mind.

Barry Chaytow

You beat me to it!

55 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Jim Ratcliffe makes late £4bil bid to buy Chelsea, does he not know he can have us for the change from down the back of his sofa!

Maybe we don't have shale gas under the pitch

Archived