Interested Parties

1 hour ago, Lees Latics said:

I don't know what their intentions are, what I can assure you of is there will be an angle to their buying of the club, we just don't know it yet! There is no such thing as a free lunch, ask yourself, why would they come in, spend millions, lose a couple more million??? Sure there is an angle...

The difference between the other 3 clubs? I don't know but I do know that Griffin Park was sold for development, in London...you only need to watch location on C4 to know the land value, the new stadium is surrounded by development, I am guessing the owners of these developments also own the ground? from the outside looking in at Bournemouth, they had a good many years of stability and went about their business under the radar then popped up in the Prem for a couple of years. As for Luton, my most hated club I have no interest in knowing their business. 

As I said in my original post, people must be deluded if they think a white knight is coming over the hill to buy this club. 

Darren Royle and his father want the club to be safe and in a better position, the investors who want to bring will obviously have an angle, its business.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

100%.  If the club go into admin and we still have split assets then we are in very, very serious trouble. 

If we play the Darren Joe Royle route, the club would be available for very very little compared to the current situation where AL wants a fee of millions. We'd be more attractive than still have the same debts but AL wanting whatever millions he feels he's owed.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has anyone seen the hotelrooms4u tweet after the Barrow game on the 5th of September.

Might be worth viewing if you thought these people were genuine fans and not opportunists......

Can you share for those that decided healthy blood pressure was more important than Twatter?

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Has anyone seen the hotelrooms4u tweet after the Barrow game on the 5th of September.

Might be worth viewing if you thought these people were genuine fans and not opportunists......

For those of us who a tweet is something a bird does, it would be nice to be enlightened. 

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can you share for those that decided healthy blood pressure was more important than Twatter?

I'm not sure how to embed it LaticsMark is usually good at this. I'm more a casual viewer of twitter rather than a contributer.

Tweet

They also appear to have blocked half the people on the hashtag #oafc 

And throughout all of the above speculation, the clubs owner doesn't even have the decency or guts to address the fans. No information about what happens if the club sinks out of the league, which I believe we will, no words of support to the fans.

He just treats us all with contempt, and doesn't even get someone else to speak to the fans.

He is holding the fans in total disregard and that boils my blood.

Why can't he make a statement, ie, if we go out of the League, we will stay full time to have a crack at going straight up. Any season ticket sales will be used only for squad improvement. But no, just silence, says it all about these two pretenders. Very sad times.

2 minutes ago, Warrington Blue said:

And throughout all of the above speculation, the clubs owner doesn't even have the decency or guts to address the fans. No information about what happens if the club sinks out of the league, which I believe we will, no words of support to the fans.

He just treats us all with contempt, and doesn't even get someone else to speak to the fans.

He is holding the fans in total disregard and that boils my blood.

Why can't he make a statement, ie, if we go out of the League, we will stay full time to have a crack at going straight up. Any season ticket sales will be used only for squad improvement. But no, just silence, says it all about these two pretenders. Very sad times.

He issued a statement of intent on being relegated in 2018

He's a lying cunt and maybe he's realised saying nothing is the better option 

A floppy haired prime minister could learn from that approach 

16 minutes ago, wiggy0406 said:

I think this is itI 

FQ48d98XwAEiird.jpg

They, and Barry need to fuck off no matter what 

The latter cunts exploits on that forum are enough evidence he should be no where near our football club and I certainly won't be getting season tickets, match tickets or a ticket to sniff the pigeon shit if he, or any of his mates are even share holders in the office stationary never mind the club 

Barry Owen is a sneaky, self centred, game playing cunt who would willingly burn to the ground and any good intentioned soul that drifts near him.

Remember saying sumat similar about a year ago provoking great emotion and an empty threat from fanboy PeteG. This situation is extremely worrying and needs an urgent militant response, or we deserve all we get.

10 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They, and Barry need to fuck off no matter what 

The latter cunts exploits on that forum are enough evidence he should be no where near our football club and I certainly won't be getting season tickets, match tickets or a ticket to sniff the pigeon shit if he, or any of his mates are even share holders in the office stationary never mind the club 

I don't think you'll be alone in that at all! They really are letting us know exactly who they are with this stuff.  Revelling in an Oldham defeat presumably because of the fall out with Karl Evans and because Barrow were using their services. Same goes for getting fans banned, or press passes revoked, or driving a wedge between AL and OASF/PTB. 

It's all about their own self-interest. They act in whatever way is necessary to boost their own positions. Any criticism and they block and ban. Not welcome by the majority of fans, Barry "where's your mandate" Owen still seems to be forcing his trotters even further under the table. The club is doomed with their continuing involvement.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Let's go see if the dietary relaxed gender specific comfortable female wants her music stand setting up or some extra custard eh?

It might be an age thing but half the time I've got no clue what you are talking about. I think I've learned a few new words or phrases from you over the last few years. This one did make me smile though.

39 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Let's give up. Let's go see if the dietary relaxed gender specific comfortable female wants her music stand setting up or some extra custard eh?

Bloody Hell Monty - 
I think you should stand for Parliament.

You hit the nail on the head there - do you have a description of Barry Owen in your eloquent vocabulary? (Legal of course).

1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

It might be an age thing but half the time I've got no clue what you are talking about. I think I've learned a few new words or phrases from you over the last few years. This one did make me smile though.

To be honest….I don’t think he knows either!😆😆

2 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

as a 29 white male who identifies as a strong middle aged woman of colour, l felt bad sayin 'fat lady'

2 hours ago, Millibob said:

Bloody Hell Monty - 
I think you should stand for Parliament.

You hit the nail on the head there - do you have a description of Barry Owen in your eloquent vocabulary? (Legal of course).

well, hypothetically, if we were to be enaged in Latics related conversation and l refered to the erubescent, obtuse, rotund freeloader with a penchant for red fleeces and noisily eating free food whilst talking l feel you would be fully aware to whom l had refered 😂😂

On 4/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, Dave_Og said:

I'm not entirely sure who Hobson was and what his options might have been but that's where we maybe are

Came from a book I think, about a shoe retailer / repairer

7 minutes ago, real said:

Came from a book I think, about a shoe retailer / repairer

Its from an old black and white with John Mills. It's set in Salford. Hobsons choice is when you have only one option and no alternative.

Archived