Sheridan back

12 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Sorry, but it really doesn't. It looks like he's a football man through and through and that he loves the club and wants to get us back into the EFL. It isn't more complicated than that, it really isn't.

Yellow card there joe - we don't want that kind of sensible talk here thanks!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

That is a very generous view you have taken. I hope you are right about the chink of light but think you are at best naive about Sheridan.

For me (and I suspect many others) John Sheridan is a true Latics' Legend. With regard to anything about Latics, I trust him - full stop (and there's not many human beings I trust).

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

How on earth did our scouts fail to spot Grimsby's Jason McAtee when he was at Ashton United and Curzon Ashton?

Probably the same reason that scouts from Rochdale, Bolton, Stockport, and Salford didn’t. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

How on earth did our scouts fail to spot Grimsby's Jason McAtee when he was at Ashton United and Curzon Ashton?

You could say the same about Matt Smith, we signed him from Solihull not Droylesden. 

In fact you can say the same about a lot of players. For example we all were very sceptical when Port Vale signed Ben Garrity, but he's playing at Wembley and we got relegated.

Kevin De Bryne is one of the best players in the world, so is Mo Salah, both struggled to make Chelsea's bench. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Or they didn’t rate him at the time. You sometimes seem to take a position that any decent scout can identify any player that will make it. Surely you know that isn’t the case. 

I'm saying clubs are more inclined to useo agents nowadays than scouts. That's how they miss hidden gems.

You cannot tell me any scout worth his salt would have recommended the majority of our squad.

56 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm saying clubs are more inclined to useo agents nowadays than scouts. That's how they miss hidden gems.

You cannot tell me any scout worth his salt would have recommended the majority of our squad.

I think we will be able to tell who they would have recommended by who is playing in the EFL next season.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Let go by Shrewsbury, 1 goal in 9 for Ashton, 1 goal in 19 for Curzon... 

He's had a good season at Grimsby, but clearly wasn't setting the world alight before that. Maybe he's just improved? 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Careful BP or you will be getting the nickname of 'Captain Hindsight'. 

Archived