Sheridan back

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

This excellent relationship with the fan base didn't win many games though did it? Time to move on and get somebody new in both as owners and manager.

That's really unfair. He did his best with the shit he had to work with. He didn't have time to ring the changes. At one point, it looked liked he might pull it off. He rallied the troops and demonstrated that the fan base is still there, with enormous pride, passion and desire. 

I didn't think he should carry on, but I've changed my mind. He has the experience and motivation, although it will be nearly impossible if the club isn't sold. 

7 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

He has the experience and motivation, although it will be nearly impossible if the club isn't sold. 

And if it is then the new owners may want their own man.  I don't get it at all

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And if it is then the new owners may want their own man.  I don't get it at all

He's got a job. With much of the next three months off/part time. 

And a payoff when the time comes if you're correct.

What's not to get?

Football had changed since Sheridans first, second etc..

spells as manager and has admitted that, even called himself a dinosaur.

Most players are wet wipes and dont take too kindly to a rollicking these days and would rather down tools, one of the main reasons I can't see it working

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's really unfair. He did his best with the shit he had to work with. 

I didn't think he should carry on, but I've changed my mind. He has the experience and motivation, although it will be nearly impossible if the club isn't sold. 

The position we are in would suggest that he didn't.

Plenty of bizarre team selections and substitutions. Gets a free ride on here for his previous work. Why? Other teams around us made a managerial change and survived with rubbish squads.

Plenty forget he upped sticks and left us in the lurch when he went to Notts County.

Time to move on.

19 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Plenty of bizarre team selections and substitutions. Gets a free ride on here for his previous work. Why? Other teams around us made a managerial change and survived with rubbish squads.

Plenty forget he upped sticks and left us in the lurch when he went to Notts County.

Time to move on.

Barrow and Stevenage each made 6 signings in January. Other clubs made key signings too and moved away from the drop zone. Scunthorpe made signings too, it just didn't work.

He's not perfect or beyond criticism by any means. But in terms of the squad he had to play with - it was unbalanced and very weak before he came in, and the January transfer window barely changed that at all. We were the only club to do next to nothing in the transfer market in January to help our position.

24 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Time to move on.

I don't want Shez in charge under the Lemsagam's next season, but not because he isn't a good enough manager.

Name a manager who would've done better with the club since January this season, and one who will do better with us in the National League?

Wild would be the manager who we would actually be keen to join that I'm certain would be an upgrade, but he wouldn't be rejoining us with the current owners in charge.

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Anyone who criticise’s Shez with the squad he had is stupid. Some absolute frauds in that squad. 

Yes he basically worked with half a team, although leaving out Missilou and Bahamboula for certain  games were mistakes IMO.

I’ve listened to his latest interview on the official site and I’m not too hopeful.m

He doesn’t sound very confident to me…he uses the word ‘try’ quite a lot and although nothing is guaranteed whatever the quality of the squad I’m really not convinced!!

He should have walked away!!

Fair play to him for having a go. He gave us hope for a bit.

Fair play for wanting to get us back.

I understand how much he is loved by many fans and that does seem to be a two way street.

I'm not convinced he is the 'right choice' even if we had new owners. As stated above there were a few strange decisions.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong. I fear he is just a useful shield for the current owners.

I'll keep my peace until October and hope for new engaged respectable ownership and success under Shez

Sadly I can't suggest an alternative who would come and make a difference under current circumstances.

5 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Think many of us would welcome Pete Wild back under new ownership. He would pass as the 'right choice' for me.

Like Shez he has an affinity but also is from a new generation.

Even under new ownership why would he come?

Fan yes, but he is well established and looked after at Halifax 

Next season's a free hit for Shez because everyone loves him, even if it doesn't work out.

Pete Wild is a legend in his own right and should finish what he's started at the Shay.

Truth is, I couldn't care less who's in charge as long as the club is at the right end of the table going for promotion at the first time of asking, oh and ALMO have said their goodbyes to all and sundry 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Time to move on.

But he had a bizarre squad. No actual striker, apart from Junior, and he got injured. We had nothing upfront. The one he signed probably conned us. He couldn't bring anyone else in. He had no choice. His options were zero, so he tried to shake things up. 

He gets respect because he came back when few would've touched us with a bargepole. We were adrift, and he actually got us out of trouble for a time. He wanted to be here and he gave it a go, against all the odds. He'll also give us a bit of continuity. 

Anyway, we all know who is to blame, and unless they go then it won't matter if we sign Klopp.

4 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

But he had a bizarre squad. No actual striker, apart from Junior, and he got injured. We had nothing upfront. The one he signed probably conned us. He couldn't bring anyone else in. He had no choice. His options were zero, so he tried to shake things up. 

He gets respect because he came back when few would've touched us with a bargepole. We were adrift, and he actually got us out of trouble for a time. He wanted to be here and he gave it a go, against all the odds. He'll also give us a bit of continuity. 

Anyway, we all know who is to blame, and unless they go then it won't matter if we sign Klopp.

Klopp just signed a new contract with Liverpool so think we've missed out on him 

59 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think he would we mustn't underestimate the effect a wholesale change will have at the club. Right now he wouldn't have come to us. Even if Mo is as I suspect is more Sporting Director in name only.

He's got a good thing going on at Halifax and he would be foolish to leave to come here as things stand. But a clean sweep in the boardroom then we will be a bigger draw than most clubs in the national league.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You are right Chaddy. I'm not suggesting he will drop everything and come running. Why would he?

Maybe as Glossop said its looks different with new owners.

I was replying to the 'no right choice' from DarkStar comment- just saying many of us would be happy IF he came AND we had new owners.

Archived