Sheridan back

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Barrow and Stevenage each made 6 signings in January. Other clubs made key signings too and moved away from the drop zone. Scunthorpe made signings too, it just didn't work.

He's not perfect or beyond criticism by any means. But in terms of the squad he had to play with - it was unbalanced and very weak before he came in, and the January transfer window barely changed that at all. We were the only club to do next to nothing in the transfer market in January to help our position.

Stevenage also had 2 new mangers after November.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre as his decision is, I feel it may be the better option for the club IF he is given the say-so over recruitment without that flat-capped twat interfering. For god's sake, I hope those clowns are fucking gone but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

As shattered as I am by what was the inevitable outcome since the loss to Carlisle, I am slowly coming to terms with football outside of the league. I have had several friends contact me to express their disbelief but, as I say to them, it's only football. At least the club is still in existence, for now at least.

Good luck Mr. Sheridan.

10 hours ago, Wardie said:

I have had several friends contact me to express their disbelief and sympathy but, as I say to them, it's only football. At least the club is still in existence, for now at least.

Not one of my footballing (and other) friends have been anything other than supportive - and some of them have been down where we now find ourselves.

If we have a club with new owners then, although we may not get out of the National League at the first attempt, hopefully it will mean that we get the soul of our club back.

And then the journey back can begin again.

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not one of my footballing (and other) friends have been anything other than supportive - and some of them have been down where we now find ourselves.

If we have a club with new owners then, although we may not get out of the National League at the first attempt, hopefully it will mean that we get the soul of our club back.

And then the journey back can begin again.

I have a Luton fan on our street who I talk to regularly and has followed our plight recently. He gives me regular pep talks about ‘sticking with it’ and tells me stories about Hyde and Southport away with Luton. They currently look like finishing in the Championship play-offs, and promotion to the Prem would pay for their new stadium and then some.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Horse running in the 14:40 at Beverley today…

Mymateshez 

Didn’t finish last time out 😮

It's the outsider of the field in the lowest grade of racing. Apt. Raced four times so far, has come last on three occasions and second last on the other. We should adopt her as a mascot. 

59 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Horse running in the 14:40 at Beverley today…

Mymateshez 

Didn’t finish last time out 😮

At least it won't have the burden of a penalty.😆

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the outsider of the field in the lowest grade of racing. Apt. Raced four times so far, has come last on three occasions and second last on the other. We should adopt her as a mascot. 

Finished 4th of 6, "never in contention" according to attheraces.com. Definitely mascot material, maybe even a squad number for next season.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Finished 4th of 6, "never in contention" according to attheraces.com. Definitely mascot material, maybe even a squad number for next season.

Doesn't that equate to around our usual league position before the 🤡🤡 arrived. Definitely mascot material. 

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

She did beat more horses home, including the favourite, than she'd managed in her career up to then. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Shez is taking a long time over the retained list. Perhaps he wants  to keep the majority?

Maybe Shez is taking a long time because he has to tell so many players that they are leaving!

39 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Maybe Shez is taking a long time because he has to tell so many players that they are leaving!

He'll do a job with DKD and Fage as both of them are away. 

DKD is in Ibiza (bit early for the clubs)

29 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Less than half of EFL clubs have announced their lists. Don't see what the fuss is about over ours. Hardly anyone worth keeping anyway. More interested in who is coming in.

Some can't wait for the next piss boil

Archived