Sheridan back

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shez signing for another year doesn’t change my mind - I won’t step foot in BP until the clowns have sold up or they lose the club…unless of course BO somehow acquires it & I’ll still keep away.  However, Shez will always get my support & I’ll be there for the away games.

He clearly has a genuine affinity with us fans, loves the club immensely and he wants to get us back up, reversing the relegation this season.  

He could easily walk away knowing the fans remain supportive of him but he’s not.  Might be reading too much into this but was his decision based on him being manager; having total control over recruitment & selection with much less interference from ML?  

Perhaps it’s a requisite of a prospective buyer acquiring the club? ….as long as it’s not BO or BO being involved in any shape or form.

I have had a feeling ever since Shez returned, that maybe he knew something that we didn't. 

He could be involved with a group that are in the frame to take over.

It's football, so owt could happen. And nothing would be a surprise to me. 

12 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I have had a feeling ever since Shez returned, that maybe he knew something that we didn't. 

He could be involved with a group that are in the frame to take over.

It's football, so owt could happen. And nothing would be a surprise to me. 

I'd imagine Lord Shez and Sir Joe Royle are quite cordial. If the Royle consortium are the party closest to buying the club I wouldn't be surprised if Shez was in the know.

Perhaps Shez should be invited to the forum along with Blitz?

Has the EFL loan been paid off yet? If not and we’re still under embargo over the summer, then Shez having control over transfers and recruitment will be meaningless.

Why would any new owner not want to install their own manager?

Much as I love Shez, I’m not convinced this is a positive move. The only plus is that while uncertainty and crisis engulfs the club, we’ve got one of our own managing the team for the near future.

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Perhaps Shez should be invited to the forum along with Blitz?

Has the EFL loan been paid off yet? If not and we’re still under embargo over the summer, then Shez having control over transfers and recruitment will be meaningless.

Why would any new owner not want to install their own manager?

Much as I love Shez, I’m not convinced this is a positive move. The only plus is that while uncertainty and crisis engulfs the club, we’ve got one of our own managing the team for the near future.

The embargo ends this summer regardless...

Surprised? Yes, in his interview Shez mentioned disappointment for him, the players and supporters, nothing about the owner. Perhaps he knows something and cannot yet divulge. As for him moving his family to Spain, the issue is residency. If you don't have it, you can only spend 90 days in each 180 in Europe before returning home or to another country outside the E.U. 

22 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

As for him moving his family to Spain, the issue is residency. If you don't have it, you can only spend 90 days in each 180 in Europe before returning home or to another country outside the E.U. 

I think it's pretty well known that Shez might have an Irish passport...

This has to of been the easiest choice ALMO could of made with everything going off the field on at the minute the last thing the board need to worry about is appointing a new manager when there's one already here who has an excellent relationship with the fan base you've just got to hope the off the field issues get resolved as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

This has to of been the easiest choice ALMO could of made with everything going off the field on at the minute the last thing the board need to worry about is appointing a new manager when there's one already here who has an excellent relationship with the fan base you've just got to hope the off the field issues get resolved as soon as possible.

This excellent relationship with the fan base didn't win many games though did it? Time to move on and get somebody new in both as owners and manager.

4 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Surprised? Yes, in his interview Shez mentioned disappointment for him, the players and supporters, nothing about the owner. Perhaps he knows something and cannot yet divulge. As for him moving his family to Spain, the issue is residency. If you don't have it, you can only spend 90 days in each 180 in Europe before returning home or to another country outside the E.U. 

lreland is in the EU.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

This excellent relationship with the fan base didn't win many games though did it? Time to move on and get somebody new in both as owners and manager.

The damages was done long before Sheridan came back, I personally take comfort in knowing at least the manager gives a shit, let him assembly a squad of grafters and see where we are at after a run of games.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

His hands were tied when he came back - only allowed to bring in non contract players and then only pay them £800 per week.

Then he lost to injury the striker we desperately needed.

Also - he inherited a very poor bunch of footballers who were simply not up to it.

He gave it a go and fell short. But the odds were always stacked against him.

27 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

is whittle one of them chaps who doesnt even go to matches? troll comment is irrelevant if so..

Still a very emotional time.

Clearly a significant number of those who tweet or broadcast their opinions don't think Shez staying is the answer, or worry that he is destined to fail under these conditions.

Valid concerns of course, I personally feel good about John Sheridan choosing to stay and fight for us.

He cares, so do we, much has to change if Shez is to be successful.

It was the Bristol Rovers game for me, on the back of what might have been the crucial win at Scunthorpe, which gave me belief that we had an outside chance of staying up. Anyone in the ground probably agrees, the atmosphere was different, special, reminiscent of times I spent there in the late 80's. 

I stress it was the mood or atmosphere which resonated, the football wasnt great, we battled and beat a good side.

Since then and without the necessary recruitment in January, Shez ended up working with less than he started with, always a forlorn hope.

He didnt give up, still hasnt, I live in hope rather than expectation that sufficient changes can be made very quickly to make this work.

Leaving the Salford game, I passed Mike Fondop walking away from BP, he could well have been the difference, perhaps now one of the pieces needed for non league.

15 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Still a very emotional time.

Clearly a significant number of those who tweet or broadcast their opinions don't think Shez staying is the answer, or worry that he is destined to fail under these conditions.

Valid concerns of course, I personally feel good about John Sheridan choosing to stay and fight for us.

He cares, so do we, much has to change if Shez is to be successful.

It was the Bristol Rovers game for me, on the back of what might have been the crucial win at Scunthorpe, which gave me belief that we had an outside chance of staying up. Anyone in the ground probably agrees, the atmosphere was different, special, reminiscent of times I spent there in the late 80's. 

I stress it was the mood or atmosphere which resonated, the football wasnt great, we battled and beat a good side.

Since then and without the necessary recruitment in January, Shez ended up working with less than he started with, always a forlorn hope.

He didnt give up, still hasnt, I live in hope rather than expectation that sufficient changes can be made very quickly to make this work.

Leaving the Salford game, I passed Mike Fondop walking away from BP, he could well have been the difference, perhaps now one of the pieces needed for non league.

was that the Callum Whelan match? l didnt think we would go down and l was almost sure of it after that match.

Shez knows how to get out of the conference.

Archived