MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 22/03/22

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 22/03/22
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Exciting week ahead for Sutton United, their first ever competitive fixture at Boundary Park followed by their first ever appearance at Wembley Stadium, we wish them well.

😞😞😞

The footballing gods keep giving us a chance and we keep blowing it. Must win tonight, we have to get back to winning ways and back to par with Stevenage. At some point they will get a result and we can't afford a gap

We have to take our big moments. Saturday Fage wasted a glorious chance - didn't even hit the target. Hart misses the pen. We take either of them chances its a different result. 

24 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

The footballing gods keep giving us a chance and we keep blowing it. Must win tonight, we have to get back to winning ways and back to par with Stevenage. At some point they will get a result and we can't afford a gap

We have to take our big moments. Saturday Fage wasted a glorious chance - didn't even hit the target. Hart misses the pen. We take either of them chances its a different result. 

In his pre-match interview, John Sheridan says:

”I wouldn’t say that we’re on a bad run of form, it’s a bad run of results …”

To a certain extent, I agree with him - but it’s also fair to say that some players are clearly out of form.

Tonight’s result is more important than the performance - an ugly win will do 👍

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

In his pre-match interview, John Sheridan says:

”I wouldn’t say that we’re on a bad run of form, it’s a bad run of results …”

To a certain extent, I agree with him - but it’s also fair to say that some players are clearly out of form.

Tonight’s result is more important than the performance - an ugly win will do 👍

Two missed penalties, two 90+ minute losses.  Fine margins

It’s as big a game as I can remember. Not must win but absolutely huge. For some reason i fancy us tonight. Prob be proved wrong but we’ve done enough to get things from games so it’s possible. Again I feel as though a clean sheet is key, can’t be hoping we score 3 to win and just preying we don’t make any silly individual mistakes 

9 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Just why????

At least he can’t come on cold in 90+ injury and throw the game away. Let’s not forget Stobbs started v Bradford (h) and did ok in a fairly solid team performance. About time him & Bam made some positive attacking contributions and provide some match winning moments. Missile a miss tho, ability to break up play and get forward at times (goal & winning a pen recently) Weaker at both ends of the pitch through the middle without him.

Archived