On the plus side :

• Barrow and Stevenage both lost
  • Barrow have a really tough run in
  • You have two immediate chances to apply pressure coming up

On the down side :

• Everybody else looks too far away to catch now
  • Stevenage have multiple winnable matches coming up
  • I think you need at least 40 and more likely 42 points to stay up

Overall, I think it is odds against you now.

We can't see games out.

We can't do "shithousery" in the way other teams do. Dozens of examples of the this over the season, but Hope gets a two-hand push in the back in the penalty area yesterday and tries to carry on, instead of going down. Noble, but fuck that - every other team plays the game, so why don't we? 

Tuesday was shite, yesterday was better and had more effort, but the outcome was still the same. Effort alone will not keep us up and I fear it's too late to rectify...

Its going to the last game of the season.

Too many late goals cheaply given away and no half decent striker compared with the others.Very poor choices made  either by the owners or Curle.Shez has tried his best but hes flogging some dead horses.

We will have to rely on Stevenage  and Barrow losing.

We should never have been put in this dire situation and whilst  some players have tried too many others haven't 

12 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

On the plus side :

• Barrow and Stevenage both lost
  • Barrow have a really tough run in
  • You have two immediate chances to apply pressure coming up
  • Barrow have got Phil Brown

On the down side :

• Everybody else looks too far away to catch now
  • Stevenage have multiple winnable matches coming up
  • I think you need at least 40 and more likely 42 points to stay up

Overall, I think it is odds against you now.

An additional chink of light. 

My head is saying no, but am holding on for a miracle. I still feel sick about yesterday.

JoeP is right about shithousery. Unless you hit the floor the chances of getting anything is very slim, especially with the standard of the officials (refs and assistants) at this level, who are incapable of fully following the game of play. When Shez came in he said that we needed to do "whatever" to get results, I took this to mean we would start getting wise and use some gamesmanship, but youngsters don't have the experience to do that. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't these refs have homes to go to?

Still have a very good chance. Can easily beat a poor Orient side Tuesday as it’s a long away day for them. Then in the cup final sat beat Stevenage. We could be 3 clear then with better goal diff. 

however, can’t see it. We have such a poor squad we have to be at almost full strength to get anything. Hart pidge mcgahey Clarke missilou And Adams/dkd have to play and play well. I don’t think Stevenage will do much but I can’t see us getting to even 46 points. Depressing 

11 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Still have a very good chance. Can easily beat a poor Orient side Tuesday as it’s a long away day for them. Then in the cup final sat beat Stevenage. We could be 3 clear then with better goal diff. 

however, can’t see it. We have such a poor squad we have to be at almost full strength to get anything. Hart pidge mcgahey Clarke missilou And Adams/dkd have to play and play well. I don’t think Stevenage will do much but I can’t see us getting to even 46 points. Depressing 

Orient haven't lost for 7 games and are in the midst of a new manager bounce (the new manager being Richie Wellens who I THINK might just fancy getting one over on the clowns...)

Four home games on the bounce and losing them all, (which is highly likely) is a disgrace and deserving of relegation....

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Orient haven't lost for 7 games and are in the midst of a new manager bounce (the new manager being Richie Wellens who I THINK might just fancy getting one over on the clowns...)

Four home games on the bounce and losing them all, (which is highly likely) is a disgrace and deserving of relegation....

Love the idea that a team who have taken 2 points from 24 can easily beat anyone.

45 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Barrow surely too far away.  Realistically must win at Stevenage, then match them point for point without eroding goal difference.  I honestly can't see it happening.

I live in hope though.

Ordinarily I would agree with you about Barrow, but looking at their run in it is pretty tough. Much tougher than Stevenage's, for example. 

There will be some unexpected results along the way (there always are), as desperate teams do get some surprising results. I think a win on Tuesday would be worth its weight in gold in terms of applied mental pressure, but they won't be easy to beat. Wellens seems to have got them going pretty well.

We are shit. Make no mistake about that. So is the rest of the division tho. I think looking at teams run ins etc is pointless. Anyone can beat anyone. Some teams will have nothing to play for. Some teams will be assured of playoffs etc and rest players. We aren’t out of it by any stretch. However I voted we will go down. 

Archived