Will we stay up?

Will we stay up?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up?

• Of course! KTF
    • No chance we are rubbish #Abdallahout

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Salford v Port Vale this evening.

I presume that our Management duo, possibly along with our captain, will be in attendance to run the rule over two future opponents?

That'll give them a significant increase on the home attendance. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class of 92 are just pissing money away at Salford. Would love to see their business model/plan as the financial account must make for pretty grim reading!!

They have absolutely no chance of getting a reasonably self sufficient club even in EFL2 never mind EFL 1 and above!

The on field progress they have made in the last few years is staggering and are yet again on the fringe of the playoffs but could only muster less than 1300 home fans.

What a complete waste of time, effort and money!!

49 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Class of 92 are just pissing money away at Salford. Would love to see their business model/plan as the financial account must make for pretty grim reading!!

They have absolutely no chance of getting a reasonably self sufficient club even in EFL2 never mind EFL 1 and above!

The on field progress they have made in the last few years is staggering and are yet again on the fringe of the playoffs but could only muster less than 1300 home fans.

What a complete waste of time, effort and money!!

…despite the efforts of BT and Sky constantly promoting the brand. 

agreed. 

Burned through £19m since the madness started. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

…despite the efforts of BT and Sky constantly promoting the brand. 

agreed. 

Burned through £19m since the madness started. 

Whether they will ever succeed is open to doubt but they wouldn't be alone in being a start up (which, effectively, they are) to lose significant sums in the early days

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Whether they will ever succeed is open to doubt but they wouldn't be alone in being a start up (which, effectively, they are) to lose significant sums in the early days

Never has a football ‘start up’ had so much help from outside ‘mates’ in the media simply due to the owner status.  

Yet there they are… burning through millions, with falling attendances. 

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Gary Neville seems like a quite astute businessman to me, it makes me think that the losses are not being carried by him, isn't a billionaire also a joint owner.? 

Yes, Peter Lim is the main funding partner. 

Neville an astute business man? Possibly. Reminds me a bit of a property developer who builds a great property portfolio/empire after starting with nothing but a £1m loan from dad. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Never has a football ‘start up’ had so much help from outside ‘mates’ in the media simply due to the owner status.  

Yet there they are… burning through millions, with falling attendances. 

As we were their biggest attendance this season let's hope we can help them by staying up...  Same applies to Stevenage - although let's hope we don't have the opportunity to repeat that feat next season (in a good way!).  There is a fair chance I'd have thought that Port Vale will beat their number this Saturday as well

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

As we were their biggest attendance this season let's hope we can help them by staying up...  Same applies to Stevenage - although let's hope we don't have the opportunity to repeat that feat next season (in a good way!).  There is a fair chance I'd have thought that Port Vale will beat their number this Saturday as well

Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Bradford also had their highest home attendances against us this season I think. Vale and Tranmere could be too. 

4 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Scunthorpe, Rochdale and Bradford also had their highest home attendances against us this season I think. Vale and Tranmere could be too. 

Though there must be others.  Just more evidence of the complete waste of potential via mismanagement

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Yes, Peter Lim is the main funding partner. 

Neville an astute business man? Possibly. Reminds me a bit of a property developer who builds a great property portfolio/empire after starting with nothing but a £1m loan from dad. 

Or. . . he earned his start up capital playing football at the highest level. 

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Though there must be others.  Just more evidence of the complete waste of potential via mismanagement

Whilst you’re right of course and there’s an element in there of Latics bringing a lot of fans to each game, there are also reasons why the home gates were up for those games:

- Bradford - first home game of the season (and since COVID?)

- Scunthorpe and Stevenage - biggest games of the season for both (and for us)

- Salford - some weird attempted rivalry and local 

- Rochdale - local derby 

Either that or they all came to see Mo’s charges. But yes, we clearly have the potential for numbers wherever we play if we’ve got something to get behind. 

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

Gary Neville seems like a quite astute businessman to me, it makes me think that the losses are not being carried by him, isn't a billionaire also a joint owner.? 

I think him and the class of 92 own something like 10% each and they have I believe Peter Lim a Singapore billionaire is it who owns the rest?

They have said they aren't looking for a financial return on it so that 91k a week circa £4.5million loss for the year was probably expected.

Interms of them making Salford a success will probably depend on how long their time horizon is if its in decades rather than years then the chances are they will build a steady league level club with a decentish support over that time.

Can't see where their support will come from. Salford in the Super League will be serious competition and not many supporters entertain both sports.

Chances of them getting an average of around 5,000 home supporters seems remote, even in the Championship. 

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Rupert Murdoch with Sky, but he did maintain a substantial fanbase and money through the gates plus plenty of sponsors.😉

Archived