Will we stay up?

Will we stay up?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up?

• Of course! KTF
    • No chance we are rubbish #Abdallahout

It's difficult to see what cards we have left to play we've changed manager twice our January transfer window consisted of signing a player who has been steady for us in the past and will give his all but probably won't win you many games. A striker who got injured straight away, and a player who had been pretty much retired for 2 years. The initial shot of momentum that accompanied Sheridans return has worn off and confidence must be pretty low now. If we can get the back 4 back together of Clarke McGahey Piergianni and Hart then that might be enough to atleast keep us in games and possibly stop the late goals going in. We then have to hope Luamba can come back stay fit and give us something upfront but it's asking a hell of alot from a player at the start of his career. We also have to hope that Bahamboula can rediscover last seasons form and that the odd piece of magic from DKD (who's goal return should be commended this season given how woeful we've been) can win us games.

The word hope is doing alot of heavy lifting there. It does feel a little bit like this is slipping out of our hands here, we are running out of games and it's looking grim. The other teams will lose games but we can't do anything about the teams above us if we don't win our own games.

4 wins and a couple of draws will see us home but we are asking players now who have only won 7 in 38 to now win 4 in 8. I can't see this ending in anything other than relegation.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's difficult to see what cards we have left to play we've changed manager twice our January transfer window consisted of signing a player who has been steady for us in the past and will give his all but probably won't win you many games. A striker who got injured straight away and player who had been pretty much retired for 2 years. The initial shot of momentum that accompanied Sheridans return has worn off and confidence must be pretty low now. If we can get the back 4 back together of Clarke McGahey Piergianni and Hart then that might be enough to atleast keep us in games and possibly stop the late goals going in. We then have to hope Luamba can come back stay fit and give us something upfront but it's asking a hell of alot from a player at the start of his career. We also have to hope that Bahamboula can rediscover last seasons form and that the odd piece of magic from DKD who's goal return should be commended this season given how woeful we've been can win us games.

The word hope is doing alot of heavy lifting there. It does feel a little bit like this is slipping out of our hands here we are running out of games and it's looking grim. The other teams will lose games but we can't do anything about the teams above us if we don't win our own games.

4 wins and a couple of draws will see us home but we are asking players now who have only won 7 in 38 to now win 4 in 8. I can't see this ending in anything other than relegation.

I’ve also heard that McGahey is out for the remainder of the season.

5 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Still have a very good chance. Can easily beat a poor Orient side Tuesday as it’s a long away day for them. Then in the cup final sat beat Stevenage. We could be 3 clear then with better goal diff. 

however, can’t see it. We have such a poor squad we have to be at almost full strength to get anything. Hart pidge mcgahey Clarke missilou And Adams/dkd have to play and play well. I don’t think Stevenage will do much but I can’t see us getting to even 46 points. Depressing 

Can’t see Stevenage getting anywhere near 46 points!

3 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I think 42 and a reasonable goal difference will be enough this season.

@basilrobbie I hope you're right because I can't see us getting many more than that.

I see that you quoted me in the "Barrow appoint Phil Brown" thread but I haven't seen your comment as that thread has been taken down, presumably because of the lout (I've forgotten his name, thank goodness) who appeared to post his foul-mouthed reply to your own entirely reasonable post. I was ashamed that a Latics fan would have come out with such abuse and I'm glad to see it hasn't stopped you posting on our forum as your comments are good value. 

38 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

@basilrobbie I hope you're right because I can't see us getting many more than that.

I see that you quoted me in the "Barrow appoint Phil Brown" thread but I haven't seen your comment as that thread has been taken down, presumably because of the lout (I've forgotten his name, thank goodness) who appeared to post his foul-mouthed reply to your own entirely reasonable post. I was ashamed that a Latics fan would have come out with such abuse and I'm glad to see it hasn't stopped you posting on our forum as your comments are good value. 

Worcester

I think I just acknowledged that he was probably addressing me, and speculated that maybe he had missed my sarcasm. I certainly won't let him put me off, I've had a very civilised reception on here and hope you all get an upturn in your fortunes soon.  

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that though ; it was nice of you to do so.

Will we stay up? - ask me at 5pm on Saturday.

My answer now would be no.

I agree 100% with the "s@@thousery" comments. We are far too much of a soft touch. Lets cheat.

Unless last nights performance is repeated consistently, then no.

Stevenage run in is much easier than ours and as I have said previously, Barrow are too far away, despite having a difficult run in.  We need them to basically collapse whilst we perform well.

9 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Unless last nights performance is repeated consistently, then no.

Stevenage run in is much easier than ours and as I have said previously, Barrow are too far away, despite having a difficult run in.  We need them to basically collapse whilst we perform well.

It is effectively a four point gap but Barrow are still right in it, especially with Brown in charge.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It is effectively a four point gap but Barrow are still right in it, especially with Brown in charge.

When we had 15 games to go I did some forecasts that saw us staying up by a point on 43. We are now 5 points short of what I forecast. Stevenage are -2 and Barrow-4. That's us going out by a point. I have us down for 4 more points, draw Saturday and beat Crawley. We need a bonus win from somewhere. I have Barrow down for 2 points from their last 7.

It will probably all change come Saturday. 

It's changed already!  Just realised I'd missed Salford. We'll be reet!😁

I'm a Barrow fan who lives in Middleton. I came along to the game last night (obviously hoping for an Orient win) and was impressed with the way Oldham played and left hoping that i'll see some Barrow performances with the heart and desire your lot showed last night before the end of the season, if we do then we'll stay up for sure. 

One thing I was also impressed with was Boundary Park and the atmosphere. Living so close to BP most of my life I have always had a small soft spot for Oldham and all though I have been past the ground countless amount of times, I haven't been in there since Barrow was there in the FA Cup back in 2001 (as I was away for the fixture earlier on in the season). People will no doubt have there complaints about your ground but for me it's one of the greatest grounds I've had the pleasure of visiting, it has a wonderful honest and genuine character that reminds me why I love following lower league football and my own hometown side. 

I really hope you can stay up (just not at our expense of course) and I also hope you can find the owners that your great club deserves. 

So all the best against Stevenage, A win against them and you lot could really kick on. As for Barrow we have to start being in control of our own destiny as I'm getting exhausted now of having to rely on teams like yours losing. Football League status has been 48 years in waiting for us and the thought of losing it keeps me awake at night, I left BP last night not resenting Oldham for the win but being reminded of the fight you need to show to stay up and expecting the same of my side, here's hoping. 

I think tomorrow's game will have a huge influence on our League 2 status.

Lose and we fall 3 points behind them having played a game more, and their next 3 games are against Colchester, Dale and Scunny who have little to play for in all honesty, so they have a decent chance of picking up 3 or more points.

Barrow are still right in it with a run in similar to ours so moving onto 37 points with a win would ramp up pressure on them. Lose and a Barrow win against Vale makes the gap is 6 points and they will also have a game in hand on us....fuck we need 3 points tomorrow🙏🙏

On 3/30/2022 at 9:07 AM, astottie said:

When we had 15 games to go I did some forecasts that saw us staying up by a point on 43. We are now 5 points short of what I forecast. Stevenage are -2 and Barrow-4. That's us going out by a point. I have us down for 4 more points, draw Saturday and beat Crawley. We need a bonus win from somewhere. I have Barrow down for 2 points from their last 7.

It will probably all change come Saturday. 

It's changed already!  Just realised I'd missed Salford. We'll be reet!😁

We are actually 9 points short of 43 as it stands with 7 games left..... We have 34 points.... I think we will need more than 4 more points to stay up!🙃

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We are actually 9 points short of 43 as it stands with 7 games left..... We have 34 points.... I think we will need more than 4 more points to stay up!🙃

We didn't get 5 points I predicted we would, hence the shortfall and need for a bonus win.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

I think tomorrow's game will have a huge influence on our League 2 status.

Lose and we fall 3 points behind them having played a game more, and their next 3 games are against Colchester, Dale and Scunny who have little to play for in all honesty, so they have a decent chance of picking up 3 or more points.

Barrow are still right in it with a run in similar to ours so moving onto 37 points with a win would ramp up pressure on them. Lose and a Barrow win against Vale makes the gap is 6 points and they will also have a game in hand on us....fuck we need 3 points tomorrow🙏🙏

Yes, three points is probably the only option. The only thing I disagree with is teams having nothing to play for. Last match of the season, maybe,  but really should not be happening before then, regardless.

i think Latics will finish with 42 points ( a further 2 wins and 2 draws from 7 games). 

Hopefully one of our wins will happen tomorrow and put Stevenage under additional pressure. 

If we finish with 42, think Barrow will manage a further 6 points so just if Stevenage can manage to pick up 9 from their remaining games

I suspect it's going to be tight - praying  I am wrong and we can go on a winning run and ease away from the foot of the table and ease all our supporters' worries        

Tuesday’s win followed 6 defeats on the bounce and yet over the last 10 games we’re still above Barrow 8pts Scunthorpe 5pts & Stevenage 3pts in the form table!

We have to win today and I honestly think we will…..Stevenage are at home with a new manager and will be under immense pressure to win. We’ll be backed by over 1000 fans singing from beginning to end!!

C O Y B. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Archived