Stevenage next Saturday-the biggest game in our recent history?

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I remember the dark ages when you could spend £1 and the club would use that amazing invention of post 

that was when we had the staff to do that before  karl sacked them all 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It has everything that life has to offer (OK, maybe not the beach).  I now go about once every three weeks having been in the centre of it for the whole of my working life and I miss it like hell.

As my username suggests I've been "darn sarf" for over 30 years now.

Moved out to posh Surrey suburbs 13 years ago. Don't really miss London town but do enjoy it when I go into town for a good night out.

Still enjoy it up North though when I go back. Just a more friendly vibe in the locals with less tossers!

Not sure what all this has to do with the Stevenage game though....bloody massive game for us after last nights great result. 

In 10 years time when we have new owners, investment, and are in Championship I'll be able to say " do you remember that win at Stevenage that ended up keeping us in the EFL"🙂

See everyone Saturday👍

6 minutes ago, BucksBlue said:

does anyone know for sure that tickets bought online will get to the ground (another supporter down south) looking to buy 4 tics ...

They have done for every other game this season so yes, if you purchase online you’ll be able to pick them up from Stevenage on Saturday 

23 minutes ago, south east latic said:

They have done for every other game this season so yes, if you purchase online you’ll be able to pick them up from Stevenage on Saturday 

thanks. I just got hold of the ticket office and they confirmed as you and others say. Bought 4 tickets for self and family.  Visiting from the USA so first game in quite some time!

After our great win on Tuesday night I just had to be there on Saturday, so went online and got myself a ticket. So I Will be making the journey up from Plymouth to Stevenage Saturday morning let’s hope a horrible journey across the country will be rewarded with a huge step towards survival. 

I would normally have my son or father making the journey with me but due to Covid and work commitments they can can’t come along. Both gutted!!! 

if any south west Latics fans wanted to get a ticket for the game but was put off by the distance or transport costs etc… I am more than happy to pick up along the way. 

A38 / M5 / M4 - any junction or services along the way. 

PM me if you would like more details. 

C’mon you blues. 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:33 PM, Dave_Og said:

You've got to know the place.  Once you realise most places you want to go are within half an hour walk the tube is history.  In the early days with my partner I met her four kids and their partners in London who all thought hey knew the place.    Took them to a pub where I knew I'd get a big table and pay well under the odds followed by a trip to an Italian restaurant where the staff greeted me by name and we ate well for about £20 a head within five minute of Oxford Circus.  I think they accepted me straight away!  Legend status secured...

Yep it's like capital cities the world over, avoid the tourist traps and you won't be ripped off. Some wonderful old pubs, world class restaurants, great history. I lived and worked there for 11 years and always enjoy going back. Wouldn't want to live/work there now (I couldn't afford to!) but still like the place.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, yarddog73 said:

Be lucky if we take much more than 500 there despite it being the biggest game in the clubs history.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, TheBigDog said:

Roy did say 400+ So I imagine we’ll sell a couple of hundred more before they go off sale on Friday 👍

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

950 tickets sold as 1pm today when i called. 

Well at least I went for 600+ 😉@yarddog73

Please forgive me for ever doubting our away support… 

Magnificent!

7 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yep it's like capital cities the world over, avoid the tourist traps and you won't be ripped off. Some wonderful old pubs, world class restaurants, great history. I lived and worked there for 11 years and always enjoy going back. Wouldn't want to live/work there now (I couldn't afford to!) but still like the place.

London is almost certainly the greatest city in the World….but like all great cities it has it’s issues.

get to know it and you’ll love it 

…..but that’s all pretty irrelevant…Stevenage on Saturday at around 5pm is the most important place on earth for a few of us! See you there 😀

11 hours ago, cornishblue said:

After our great win on Tuesday night I just had to be there on Saturday, so went online and got myself a ticket. So I Will be making the journey up from Plymouth to Stevenage Saturday morning let’s hope a horrible journey across the country will be rewarded with a huge step towards survival. 

I would normally have my son or father making the journey with me but due to Covid and work commitments they can can’t come along. Both gutted!!! 

if any south west Latics fans wanted to get a ticket for the game but was put off by the distance or transport costs etc… I am more than happy to pick up along the way. 

A38 / M5 / M4 - any junction or services along the way. 

PM me if you would like more details. 

C’mon you blues. 

Thanks very much for the offer but sadly due to work commitments I can't make it either.  Just as gutted as your son and father are!  Have a great trip up there and hope Latics make it a worthwhile journey!  🤞

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

London is almost certainly the greatest city in the World….but like all great cities it has it’s issues.

…..but that’s all pretty irrelevant…Stevenage on Saturday at around 5pm is the most important place on earth for a few of us! See you there 😀

Greatest city in the World..... Hmmmm.

You have never been to Melbourne (Oz) then?

However, I expect some supports will think Stevenage is the greatest place to be. When it's rocking on Saturday after we win.

7 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Who's going to London?

Stevenage is in Hertfordshire 

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Thanks very much for the offer but sadly due to work commitments I can't make it either.  Just as gutted as your son and father are!  Have a great trip up there and hope Latics make it a worthwhile journey!  🤞

No worries Bosh - no doubt see you at Forest Green Easter Monday. 👍

6 hours ago, Ex_pat said:

Greatest city in the World..... Hmmmm.

You have never been to Melbourne (Oz) then?

However, I expect some supports will think Stevenage is the greatest place to be. When it's rocking on Saturday after we win.

Melbourne…..yes, loads of times, absolutely love the place 😁 you’re lucky to live there. A morning run or walk around Albert Park followed by a flat white at one of the outstanding independent coffee places is probably my favourite way to start a day anywhere.

South Melbourne all the way if I could afford it!

But to be the greatest city in the world I think you need a bit more history and sheer scale as well as even more cultural and architectural diversity…..I’ve been to almost every major global city and London is still out in front for me……but would I move to Melbourne?……..absolutely 😎

27 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Melbourne…..yes, loads of times, absolutely love the place 😁 you’re lucky to live there. A morning run or walk around Albert Park followed by a flat white at one of the outstanding independent coffee places is probably my favourite way to start a day anywhere.

South Melbourne all the way if I could afford it!

But to be the greatest city in the world I think you need a bit more history and sheer scale as well as even more cultural and architectural diversity…..I’ve been to almost every major global city and London is still out in front for me……but would I move to Melbourne?……..absolutely 😎

London or New York for me 👍

I don’t understand why the club only book 1 x 49 seater coach for Stevenage if we have sold almost 1000 tickets. Surely the demand is there for more coaches as the train is way too expensive and not everyone can drive. 🤔

56 minutes ago, oldhamfan said:

I don’t understand why the club only book 1 x 49 seater coach for Stevenage if we have sold almost 1000 tickets. Surely the demand is there for more coaches as the train is way too expensive and not everyone can drive. 🤔

Could be short of qualified coach stewards ?? 

Archived