Stevenage next Saturday-the biggest game in our recent history?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Fulham was a Premier League club in the heart of London.  You don't really get more glamorous for a trip than that.

I have to agree. I remember walking along the river afterwards to the Blue Anchor of Minder fame for some celebratory beers with my daughter and her boyfriend, what a great day. The Fulham fans were great as well in defeat. There's a difference between glamour/attractiveness and importance.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/27/2022 at 7:38 PM, TheBigDog said:

From ‘The Ground Guide’:

Away fans are located at one end of the ground in the South Stand, where up to 1,400 supporters can be housed. As you would expect from a relatively new stand the facilities and views of the playing action are good. If demand requires it then part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.

Probably take close to a thousand but that could be more should we beat Leyton Orient on the Tuesday.😃 

I'm suddenly tempted.......

Looking to buy a ticket for Stevenage but the only option is collection, ie no postal option. Living in Southend that's not viable. Does anyone know if pre-purchased tickets can be picked up at The Lamex Stadium on the day, as there's no info about this on the club website?

On 3/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, wiseowl said:

When something is so clearly wrong, Mayfield, do you not think that "breaking the law" is justifiable? History has many examples whereby if the law had not been broken; nothing would have changed (e.g. suffragette movement). I feel that, generally, Latics' fans have been far too placid with regard to this despicable regime. One man and his acolytes are on the verge of completely destroying a proud and historic club... and we worry about pitch invasions. I just don't get it. 

You're comparing The Athleticos to the suffragettes? Lol. If breaking the law is justifiable in your eyes, and you compare it to the suffrage movement, do you condone the same bombings and arson attacks they used?

3 minutes ago, Funes said:

Looking to buy a ticket for Stevenage but the only option is collection, ie no postal option. Living in Southend that's not viable. Does anyone know if pre-purchased tickets can be picked up at The Lamex Stadium on the day, as there's no info about this on the club website?

I assume so….been like that all season, worked fine and they either have a table outside the away end or they are at the ticket office……..I’ve bought 2 online and asked on Twitter if this is the arrangement…no answer yet but should be ok

20 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I assume so….been like that all season, worked fine and they either have a table outside the away end or they are at the ticket office……..I’ve bought 2 online and asked on Twitter if this is the arrangement…no answer yet but should be ok

Cheers. If all else fails we can at least stand on each other's shoulders and peer over the wall for a half each if we don't get in.

1 hour ago, Funes said:

I’ve done this a couple of times this season and they always bring any uncollected tickets to the ground. Check twitter on the day as they sometimes leave at the away club ticket office, sometimes have them available outside the turnstile. 

Just bought mine tonight. 

1 hour ago, Funes said:

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’ve done this a couple of times this season and they always bring any uncollected tickets to the ground. Check twitter on the day as they sometimes leave at the away club ticket office, sometimes have them available outside the turnstile. 

Yeah if you say collection, which is the only option, but are unable to collect before the game then the club take the tickets to the away ground. (I think it's Mikey and Roy who take them).

You can then collect them somewhere at the ground (if the opposition have an away ticket office that's normally where). If you are slightly late arriving, then someone is still there by the away turnstiles, as I found to my benefit at Swindon.

It is vital and if we put in the fantastic  effort tonight at winning the ball and being quick at tactling getting forwards and shooting when the chances occur we will win.

100 % and no less.

Keep it up Oldham as the old chant said 

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You're comparing The Athleticos to the suffragettes? Lol. If breaking the law is justifiable in your eyes, and you compare it to the suffrage movement, do you condone the same bombings and arson attacks they used?

The athletico's have been using bombing and arson attacks? I must have missed that one. 

14 hours ago, Funes said:

14 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

13 hours ago, nzlatic said:

12 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah if you say collection, which is the only option, but are unable to collect before the game then the club take the tickets to the away ground. (I think it's Mikey and Roy who take them).

You can then collect them somewhere at the ground (if the opposition have an away ticket office that's normally where). If you are slightly late arriving, then someone is still there by the away turnstiles, as I found to my benefit at Swindon.

I remember the dark ages when you could spend £1 and the club would use that amazing invention of post 

20 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Fulham was a Premier League club in the heart of London.  You don't really get more glamorous for a trip than that.

Never understand the London love in - it's a shit hole that brings me closer to Boris Johnson et all than and I would like and I can usually get 2 weeks all inclusive in Turkey for the cost of just getting there never mind then eating and sleeping in the place 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Never understand the London love in - it's a shit hole that brings me closer to Boris Johnson et all than and I would like and I can usually get 2 weeks all inclusive in Turkey for the cost of just getting there never mind then eating and sleeping in the place 

It has everything that life has to offer (OK, maybe not the beach).  I now go about once every three weeks having been in the centre of it for the whole of my working life and I miss it like hell.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It has everything that life has to offer (OK, maybe not the beach).  I now go about once every three weeks having been in the centre of it for the whole of my working life and I miss it like hell.

I go a few times with work and hate it - the Tube is suicide inducing and driving even worse.  I'm just glad I get to claim back every penny from the job

I remember a weekend away there and heading in to a bar (ok it was in Knightsbridge) and getting two glasses of wine 

Bartender - £28 mate

Me - looks like he's lost the plot

Bartender - You aint up north now mate

Took glasses back to girlfriend at time and said "sip it because we are not having another"

That was 2005 and I don't drink anymore so Christ knows how much it costs now 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I go a few times with work and hate it - the Tube is suicide inducing and driving even worse.  I'm just glad I get to claim back every penny from the job

I remember a weekend away there and heading in to a bar (ok it was in Knightsbridge) and getting two glasses of wine 

Bartender - £28 mate

Me - looks like he's lost the plot

Bartender - You aint up north now mate

Took glasses back to girlfriend at time and said "sip it because we are not having another"

That was 2005 and I don't drink anymore so Christ knows how much it costs now 

You've got to know the place.  Once you realise most places you want to go are within half an hour walk the tube is history.  In the early days with my partner I met her four kids and their partners in London who all thought hey knew the place.    Took them to a pub where I knew I'd get a big table and pay well under the odds followed by a trip to an Italian restaurant where the staff greeted me by name and we ate well for about £20 a head within five minute of Oxford Circus.  I think they accepted me straight away!  Legend status secured...

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You've got to know the place.  Once you realise most places you want to go are within half an hour walk the tube is history.  In the early days with my partner I met her four kids and their partners in London who all thought hey knew the place.    Took them to a pub where I knew I'd get a big table and pay well under the odds followed by a trip to an Italian restaurant where the staff greeted me by name and we ate well for about £20 a head within five minute of Oxford Circus.  I think they accepted me straight away!  Legend status secured...

Check your Dm's next time I'm there! 😉 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

The real truth about London

Archived