And another club statement

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will this be treated in the same way by GMP as they treated the banning of the BP3. Utter bollocks! Just leave and its OK you won't need to shut the door after you because someone else will slam it for you.

Bit different this as the police will have photographic evidence likely to result in criminal records and bans issued by the courts rather than the club. My guess would be the EFL have called on action, didn't Mike Minay say yesterday there was a meeting taking place between EFL, Police and the club?

9 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Bit different this as the police will have photographic evidence likely to result in criminal records and bans issued by the courts rather than the club. My guess would be the EFL have called on action, didn't Mike Minay say yesterday there was a meeting taking place between EFL, Police and the club?

Bearing in mind how many people went on the pitch that's alot of time and energy wasted identifying everyone who went on the pitch.

Then again if you believe the crap Barry Owen says about the stand so you will probably believe the nonsense you just wrote.

8 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The statement makes pretty clear that the club will be issuing bans. The statement also makes clear that anyone on the pitch has committed a serious criminal offence. That's a few hundred criminal records the club is looking to make happen with their efforts to identify everyone.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Bearing in mind how many people went on the pitch that's alot of time and energy wasted identifying everyone who went on the pitch.

Then again if you believe the crap Barry Owen says about the stand so you will probably believe the nonsense you just wrote.

What the club will probably be doing is looking to find some familiar faces that they can make examples of. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What the club will probably be doing is looking to find some familiar faces that they can make examples of. 

I wasn't on the pitch but they could find me sat on I70 of the North Stand (swapped my season ticket over)

Ban me please lads (and ladies)

Who advises these people? 

I can't believe that anyone would think this appropriate, and you do wonder whether they are trying to pre-empt a repeat when you play Crawley.

If the EFL really are partly behind this - it's good of them to realise you exist, at this very late stage. 

This is where someone usually says "you couldn't make this up could you" ? but with this lot of absolute muppets I'd say yes, this is entirely predictable.

What have we done to deserve this lot of fuckwits at our club ?

25 minutes ago, Mercater said:

Let's face it this was the only criminal offence committed, club in my opinion are treading a very thin line here and causing damage with the fans that is almost irreparable, stinks of shitpeas - again, that bloke more than anyone needs to fuck off.

I suspect that the Board feels it needs to be seen to be taking some kind of action pending the outcome of the EFL investigation. More interesting is Mike Keegan's tweet, as I would have thought the stewards' actions could have potentially serious implications for the club.

It does feel as though matters generally are coming to a head now. I can't see any way out for :clown::clown::clown: other than an early sale. I also expect that BO has well and truly burned his bridges with fans after today's club statement.

i was not on the pitch on Saturday however I fully endorse and support the reasons why the vast majority of these supporters did actually encroach onto the playing area and vent their frustrations. 

These supporters were, in my opinion, seeking to highlight the massive problems at exist at our club. These were previously aired in the earlier part of the season at peaceful demonstrations outside the stadium and in a number of pitch invasions in several games. 

This club, the one we all support and love, is run by incompetents who are more interested in alienating their own club's supporters rather than try to listen to what these supporters have to say about their realistic concerns over the way our club is being run.  The owners and the Board and other hangers on have demonstrated time and again that they are incapable of listening to valid concerns and are intent on driving the club's already soiled reputation even further into the ground. 

I want the club to ban me from future home games (they can't issue me with any criminal proceedings as I have committed no "crime" - laughable) so i don't ever fall for their lies and deceits again. I will happily keep supporting the team at away games (should there be sufficient tickets). 

Please God, just let these balloons go so we can start rebuilding the club's tarnished reputation and develop something for Oldham people and supporters to be proud to belong to again.        

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

You are joking of course Pete!

This owner has already shown how vindictive he is and how he hates fans who don’t just pay up and sit in the seats like dummies.

The police have better things on do, but will act if pressed by the club.

Any attempt to refer for criminal prosecution might well fail the "in the public interest" test. This would be  good cause to ask local MPs to get involved in. An overwhelmingly peaceful protest in the face of repeated failings and a confrontational approach by the owners

Archived