And another club statement

Didn't one of our fans get a 3 year ban from the courts for jumping over the advertising hoardings at Bury a few years just to celebrate a goal? He was hardly causing much of an issue but was prosecuted. Suppose it depends on the mood of the police on any given day. My point is, I wouldn't be rushing to write in as some suggested saying I was on the pitch please ban me.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's black and white - has an offence been committed?  k hope it never becomes the job of the police to contextualise.

It's an offence to go on the pitch. But context must be applied somewhere - they won't be prosecuting Exeter fans for running on the pitch after they got promoted. Or for any fans running on the pitch to celebrate a last minute goal.

It seems the punishment is up to £1000 fine and if that happens then the courts must impose a banning order if "they think there are reasonable grounds to believe that imposing such an Order would help to prevent violence or disorder at football matches."

The whole wording of that seems to be more about individual behaviour rather than being applicable to mass protest action.

Hopefully @deyres42 is right and this only even becomes about the club banning fans from home games. Which will be more likely to receive a thank you note in response than an appeal.

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Didn't one of our fans get a 3 year ban from the courts for jumping over the advertising hoardings at Bury a few years just to celebrate a goal? He was hardly causing much of an issue but was prosecuted. Suppose it depends on the mood of the police on any given day. My point is, I wouldn't be rushing to write in as some suggested saying I was on the pitch please ban me.

Wouldn’t it be a little easier to just ban yourself!!

Expect a large police precence for the last game with them using this time  to identify and arrest many of the ringleaders and instigators of the pitch invasion plus a few of the louder supporters .they will have footage from  they're own cctv and from hand held and body cams to run through facial recognition equipment to marry them up .expect things to get a bit Leary in the rre 

35 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Expect a large police precence for the last game with them using this time  to identify and arrest many of the ringleaders and instigators of the pitch invasion plus a few of the louder supporters .they will have footage from  they're own cctv and from hand held and body cams to run through facial recognition equipment to marry them up .expect things to get a bit Leary in the rre 

Time for "Groucho Marx" moustaches and glasses ??🥸

38 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

In that case stay in the stands side sing we want Abdallah Out you can't be arrested for that. Seriously might be a good idea to call a halt to any pitch invasions for now. We've made out point from here and we can continue to do that from the stands for our final 2 league games. Their will be plenty of media attention on these final 2 games I think its quite important now we try and leave the football league with some dignity. 

Dress in black and sing like bastards for the game at Tranmere do something similar for Crawley. But let's call a halt to pitch invasions.

39 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

I am a loud supporter (always have been), don't waste my breath on shouting abuse at either my team or the owners, just shout when Latics are attacking or to get it clear.  I came back to BP to support the Shezzurection and enjoyed the efforts of the Athleticos and the positive atmosphere over the recet weeks. 

However it looks like BP will become like North fucking Korea again just like early season. 

Will just stay outside or maybe in the local hostelries, can't be arsed with all that rigmarole & intimidation, used to get treated like shit through the 70s and 80s as a football fan, am 60 now and just can't be arsed anymore with that sort of treatment. 

Will happily return to BP once these twats have gone (if they ever do). 

Wishing all Latics fans who are prepared to put up with this stuff all the best in the future, hopefully might see you all again soon    

10 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

Fat policemen back at BP? Are we allowed to say that nowadays. Remember the fans in the RRE singing "Sumo" to the police Sgt from Oldham - he used to laugh back! Oh for those days again. The police don't arrest anybody in situ nowadays - just gather intelligence and then arrest later. Cowards - utter cowards - reflect the way society has gone.

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Fat policemen back at BP? Are we allowed to say that nowadays. Remember the fans in the RRE singing "Sumo" to the police Sgt from Oldham - he used to laugh back! Oh for those days again. The police don't arrest anybody in situ nowadays - just gather intelligence and then arrest later. Cowards - utter cowards - reflect the way society has gone.

Avoid mass disorder and injuries on both sides = coward??

Alright mate 👍 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Avoid mass disorder and injuries on both sides = coward??

Alright mate 👍 

You mean like the shit houses at Tranmere hitting kids and families with batons and pepper spraying fans who had nowhere to go, yes fucking cowards.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You mean like the shit houses at Tranmere hitting kids and families with batons and pepper spraying fans who had nowhere to go, yes fucking cowards.

No I didn't mean them unless they were on duty on Saturday at Boundary Park 

This place is fucking painful lately 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Was a disgrace that Yarddog, If we are going to be kept behind, makes sense to leave us in the stadium instead of being cattled into an area outside the ground. Then people can use toilets etc. if required whilst being kept in for 30/40 minutes   

On 4/27/2022 at 11:04 AM, nzlatic said:

Maybe not. Depends how the processes work I guess - would GMP just record the complaint, meet evidence threshold and pass it to the CPS for prosecution? Surely context has to be applied somewhere before criminal records are issued? Or am I being too optimistic about how football fans are treated by the police and courts?!

farrrrr too optimistic. the police go out of their way to push Football related stuff bc it looks good to their bosses and it's an easy win.

Archived