MATCH: vs Crawley Town (H) 07/05/22 👋

Screenshot 2022-05-04 071218.png

On 5/3/2022 at 1:55 PM, LaticsPete said:

...football is about sharing an experience, joy of promotion, excitement of winning, moaning at defeat, all part of it. Leaving the League (even if temporarily, who knows) is a massive day in the club's history...

Referee: ANTHONY BACKHOUSE

Latics:

Lost last 5 games
6 points from last 24

Crawley:

Lost last 3 games
Not scored away in 2 games
12 points from last 24 available

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be going to the game after the protest but I am staging my own 1 man/2 children walkout in the first half.

It will make absolutely no difference because I've already paid to watch the game and will probably have already bought a programme, but I want to end the season on my terms and this is my way of saying F U to the board and players for what they have put us through this season...

7 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Will be going to the game after the protest but I am staging my own 1 man/2 children walkout in the first half.

It will make absolutely no difference because I've already paid to watch the game and will probably have already bought a programme, but I want to end the season on my terms and this is my way of saying F U to the board and players for what they have put us through this season...

delete the programme bit or it will add years on to our seperately concieved surefire financial windfall for the Grandkids..

I'll be going. I usually sit in the directors box and wear a flat cap but I seem to have upset a few people lately so i'll be hiding in the JR stand dressed in black.🙂

Seriously though, I want to see my teams last game in the league. It could be the last for ever in my lifetime. I hope not, but you never know.

I do however count myself lucky to have seen my team compete at the highest domestic level. Many people have lived and died and not seen that.

9 minutes ago, redlion said:

Seriously though, I want to see my teams last game in the league. It could be the last for ever in my lifetime. I hope not, but you never know.

I do however count myself lucky to have seen my team compete at the highest domestic level. Many people have lived and died and not seen that.

This for me 

Was daft enough to buy a Half Season ticket for the return of Shez

What a f*&kin keepsake 

I have never booed our shirt, not ever and wont be doing on Saturday

GOING TO STAY UNTIL THE VERY VERY END, cos it just might be

I have no intention of going to the Crawley game so it doesn’t affect me, but, WTF!!!!

Following a meeting with SAG…..

There will be no pay-on-the-day facility for both sets of supporters and tickets need to be bought at the discounted rate online before tomorrow (Thursday 5 May at 11:59pm). 

Please note, that the Ticket Office will be open on Thursday from 10am till 4pm for sales in person before purchases are suspended from Friday, the day before the fixture. 

To purchase your tickets online in advance, please visit the relevant link by clicking below. On advice, there will be no further ticket sales in the Joe Royle Stand (North Stand) for this game with current tickets already bought still valid.

Home Supporters | Away Fans

In addition, no alcohol sales will be allowed inside Boundary Park on Saturday.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I have no intention of going to the Crawley game so it doesn’t affect me, but, WTF!!!!

Following a meeting with SAG…..

There will be no pay-on-the-day facility for both sets of supporters and tickets need to be bought at the discounted rate online before tomorrow (Thursday 5 May at 11:59pm). 

Please note, that the Ticket Office will be open on Thursday from 10am till 4pm for sales in person before purchases are suspended from Friday, the day before the fixture. 

To purchase your tickets online in advance, please visit the relevant link by clicking below. On advice, there will be no further ticket sales in the Joe Royle Stand (North Stand) for this game with current tickets already bought still valid.

Home Supporters | Away Fans

In addition, no alcohol sales will be allowed inside Boundary Park on Saturday.

What a weird and woeful club we have become under Abdallah 😞

who the f#*k are SAG anyway?

All predictable really given the circumstances, bit harsh on any fans who will struggle to purchase tickets beforehand but with a threat of disorder and the match being abandoned it is the sensible route to go down.

I can't stomach another minute this season.

The game is utterly meaningless, so I will go for a ride on my bike on Saturday instead.

What's  more, the though of seeing our last football league match, that at 74 could be my last football league match fills me with dread.

And I fear that is exactly what will happen until the clowns have gone.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

All predictable really given the circumstances, bit harsh on any fans who will struggle to purchase tickets beforehand but with a threat of disorder and the match being abandoned it is the sensible route to go down.

A bit harsh!!! FFS these tw#ts couldn’t give a shit about the fans,Never have and never will do.What a horrible set of 🤬🤬

11 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

A bit harsh!!! FFS these tw#ts couldn’t give a shit about the fans,Never have and never will do.What a horrible set of 🤬🤬

Has Shitpeas pie gravy covered fingers all over it.

Why the restriction on North Stand tickets? Because that bald cunt can't stand the North Stand.

Fair play to Corney  for all his faults he at least kept that prick on a leash these twats allow him to wander from one PR cluster fuck to another 

If you are watching Barry FUCK OFF (Pete can you let him know next time you see him)?

Life time ban needs to be the first step of any new owners the odious incompetent wanker 

2 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I can't stomach another minute this season.

The game is utterly meaningless, so I will go for a ride on my bike on Saturday instead.

What's  more, the though of seeing our last football league match, that at 74 could be my last football league match fills me with dread.

And I fear that is exactly what will happen until the clowns have gone.

I signed off at Tranmere. It's been exhausting.

Our final league game possibly forever, but I don't feel like I'm missing out at all by not going either. The ground will be even more soulless than usual and the players will give even less of a shit than they have done all season (which is some achievement). I wonder if they'll have the gall to do a lap of honor at the end? 

And it's against fucking Crawley, which is the most non-league fixture we could've finished on. 

I bought a ticket in the 2 for £25 offer a while ago, when we had half a chance of staying up - if anyone wants the ticket for free (or maybe in exchange for a donation to the Foundation?), drop me a DM.

Hope the protest goes well. 

Special Advisor Manager 2022

Congratulations on your appointment to the position of Special Advisor to the board of Oldham Athletic!

The board aren't expecting you to pull up any plants this season so have given you a budget of 4 club statements per month.

Day 1...

The supporter groups are unhappy at the mismanagement of the club and our recent relegation to non-league and are threatening peaceful protests outside the ground at the next home match.  Do you?...

1. Arrange an urgent meeting with the supporter groups and the club board to discuss their concerns and find a resolution
2. Request the match is played behind closed doors

Day 2...

The EFL has responded to your request to play the match behind closed doors:

"Dear Special Advisor, your request to play your next fixture behind closed doors and issue life bans for any fans failing to swear allegience to you and the board has been denied."

You now must issue a club statement. Do you?...

1. Arrange an urgent meeting with the supporter groups and the board to discuss their concerns and find a resolution
2. Shut down as many areas of the ground as possible for the next match and restrict ticket and alcohol sales 

Archived