MATCH: vs Crawley Town (H) 07/05/22 👋

43 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So the SAG haven't enforced it, it's the Club's Safety Officer who made the call.

I wonder who that now is...

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/#:~:text=Julie Cross / Mark Ogden

They don't respond to queries about blocked fire doors either though

Was going to go to the Crawley game but not bothering now.  I suspect it is going to (rightly) be toxic and maybe even kick off if the stewarding gets heavy handed.

Got better things to do than have my thermos confiscated and be felt up by an over enthusiastic thug in a hi-vis who has flashbacks of being bog washed at school on a daily basis.

I hate the club in it's current form and I wouldn't get a S/T next season if they were free.

And yes I will call them shit there or not 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/#:~:text=Julie Cross / Mark Ogden

Was going to go to the Crawley game but not bothering now.  I suspect it is going to (rightly) be toxic and maybe even kick off if the stewarding gets heavy handed.

Got better things to do than have my thermos confiscated and be felt up by an over enthusiastic thug in a hi-vis who has flashbacks of being bog washed at school on a daily basis.

I hate the club in it's current form and I wouldn't get a S/T next season if they were free.

And yes I will call them shit there or not 

Some of the decision making is bordering on insanity….I am almost at the point of thinking the hierarchy at BP actually want the club to fold.

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah...I'll be honest I thought it was consistent with a volunteer who had previous with health and safety who has got himself back into the club.

17 hours ago, JoeP said:

I wonder if they'll have the gall to do a lap of honor at the end? 

Dare I suggest a "Walk Of Shame" along the lines of Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones ?

Well most of them anyway.

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Ah...I'll be honest I thought it was consistent with a volunteer who had previous with health and safety who has got himself back into the club.

Oh it certainly has his fingerprints and DNA on it...

11 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Only read this morning that Crawley's manager is suspended following some pretty unpleasant accusations of racist behaviour 

He rang the police on Sky News about their journalist asking him about it today 

Strange man 

As said before all that has been put in place tomorrow has BO all over it,just making the fans experience as bad as possible. So our last game in the football league for along time and we cannot have a last beer with fellow latics fans what a joke of a club.

Not that I want to give Owen/the club any hint of benefit of the doubt but after the Salford game might they be obliged to put forward proposals to SAG, and there had to be some sort of reaction? 

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not that I want to give Owen/the club any hint of benefit of the doubt but after the Salford game might they be obliged to put forward proposals to SAG, and there had to be some sort of reaction? 

They could always have put forward a proposal to just stop being bell ends 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You'd imagine the football authorities have had some input.

It's splitting hairs but I'm beginning to think that Knacker of Scotland Yard might be even worse than the Chuckle Brothers. AL at least has the excuse of being a former football agent, no experience of running a football club or of the EFL, no affinity/cultural/historical ties to Oldham and the fanbase. If we are being generous, we could write him off as a complete idiot and out of his depth.

BO, on the other hand, has been involved with Latics for many years and every day he stays involved the club seems to go from bad to worse. The sooner he leaves the better.

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It's splitting hairs but I'm beginning to think that Knacker of Scotland Yard might be even worse than the Chuckle Brothers. AL at least has the excuse of being a former football agent, no experience of running a football club or of the EFL, no affinity/cultural/historical ties to Oldham and the fanbase. If we are being generous, we could write him off as a complete idiot and out of his depth.

BO, on the other hand, has been involved with Latics for many years and every day he stays involved the club seems to go from bad to worse. The sooner he leaves the better.

Of all the people involved, he's the only one who's supposed to be a fan. Which makes him the worst of the lot for me in a sense. He could actually do something positive but he would rather suck up to whichever party he can get the most out of. His only consistent position over the years is that of being at war with the fans.

I'll be at the protest tomorrow. I took up that offer they put on for the Salford and Crawley game, so I'm still very undecided if I'm going to bother entering the ground. I think I'll end up going in and watching us in the Football League for one last time. It still hasn't hit me and sunken in yet, although it probably will tomorrow. I'm a loner at Latics, but it has been brilliant standing with the Athleticos and making some noise. I was a fool to take up that ticket offer, but I was persuaded by false hope. After tomorrow, I'll be boycotting, until these inept owners are gone. 

See you guys outside the ground tomorrow. For those not going, I understand. 

OTID 💙

Just realised Crawley are now owned by  US based cryptocurrency group, Wagmi United who are promising promotion within two seasons!

They must have satisfied the EFL of their suitability (I know, I know).

Now where is that Chris Lees fella?

Archived