Sheridan out

On 9/8/2022 at 9:48 AM, oafc1955 said:

You cannot be serious….Dorking we’re head & shoulders the better team and we beat  a very poor Aldershit in injury time.

I would say we are very fortunate to have two wins…..did you actually go to those games?

Again, Dorking conceded the 3 clear cut chances of the match whilst themselves not doing a great deal come the final third.

Aldershot was late but hardly a huge shock to those in the ground, me included.

We could well have won at York or Torquay in lieu of one of the above.

Point being we are not especially lucky to have won 2 of our 7 fixtures. Especially lucky would be 12 points whereas our 8 points is about about right (albeit not good enough even in light of our injury list).

We can be critical whilst having it right.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2022 at 1:32 PM, Londonboy said:

Appreciate your view but it's total bollocks.

In the main, from what I've seen at games, read on here, and watched on the podcast and phone in, we have been utterly dreadful and a million miles from being in the play off mix.

If you think we'd be better off keeping Shez then fine I respect that, but let's not talk crap about our performances being worth up to 14 points, and that we should appreciate the experience Shez gives us.

It's worse than last season which is saying something....

I'm not talking crap about our performances being worth up to 14 points.

6 points from York & Torquay would be 4 more than we got and so equate to 12 points in total. 

As my post above, that would be a lucky points haul. 8 points? Not so much.

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And if he goes he needs to take Tommy Wright with him. Do not want him even as caretaker!!

Clean sweep required!!

Who would be the caretaker then, Porter? There's only Shez and Wright on the coaching staff as far as I know

All he’s doing here is tarnishing any legacy he has at the club. I’m still thankful he came back last season and we had a bit of a go, but he’s said it himself in interviews that he’s a dinosaur and the game has moved on from this sort of manager these days.

I’d like us to go with a young manager with fresh ideas and no previous affiliation to the club. We seem obsessed with hiring people from the past and it’s never worked for us before. 

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can they even afford to sack the pair of them? Wouldn't surprise me if we are lumbered with them until Sheri decides to walk...

I don’t think we will have to wait much longer. I think he could actually be gone before Saturday.

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

No they spent all the covid money on the club and stadium with no plan so far. 

Frank of all people should know without investment the club will go down. And he will take a lot of flak.

John Sheridan will always remain an absolute legend in my eyes but, for whatever reason, it is clear he has "lost" the dressing room. His end is now inevitable.

That said, the squad is utter shite (assembled in dire circumstances, to be fair) and I don't expect much improvement under a new manager unless half a dozen quality players are brought in. It's a real dilemma but the owner is in danger of losing all the goodwill (and more importantly paying fans on the day) if performances/results don't improve rapidly.

Frank - I`m afraid you are going to have to speculate to accumulate - sanction the acquisition of some quality players and we'll have a chance to go up (even perhaps this season). Stick with the present squad and we'll languish bottom half - and crowds will plummet.

For clarification, I wish the owner would sanction some quality signings by Shez but I think Shez may also now have lost goodwill amongst too large a section of the fanbase. Even someone as loyal to Shez as me accepts that the club must come first, so change does now need to happen.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:22 AM, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

The players should be doing better than they are yet are nevertheless mid table. 

We are not especially lucky to have won 2 matches. Dorking flattered to deceive whilst conceding the 3 clear cut chances of the match and Aldershot didn't deserve a point. I didn't see Torquay or York but by most accounts we might have 3 or 4 or even 6 points from those fixtures.

Based on the above we could be in the play off mix as we could the bottom 4, because its early days. Let Shez play with the team a while. He might be in his 50s and old school but that's hardly a bad thing. A Latics fan more than most should appreciate the guy's experience but we've a bunch on his case after half a dozen home games. They want a young hot shot manager but odds are they won't find one and are better off with Shez.

You still think we are better off with Shez and should stick with him?

I was there tonight and it was as bad a team performance as I've ever seen.

Sheridan just had no answers to anything. Summed it up bringing Clarke on....no Vaughan in the squad....back 3 with 2 young loanees playing either side of an overweight carthorse....

And what the fuck does Tommy Wright actually do appart from stand with his hands in his pockets??

Please walk now both of you and go with some dignity.

Eastleigh at home on Saturday will smash us if we play and defend like that and it will get toxic which you don't deserve.

Could have been 6 or 7 of not for Norman....

Fucking embarrassed to be an Oldham fan tonight to be honest....never thought I'd EVER say that in a million years.

Archived