Sheridan out

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Exactly my point. So I am under the impression this is us, until we can secure further investment which is not guaranteed. That’s the worrying part. 

Yep, we're not out of the woods yet.  But we were in a dark cave in the middle of them with tigers nosing around the entrance

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Clifford said:

Aim, wish, dream........

Yu seem to be think that everything that's gone wrong over the best part of three decades can be fixed in five minutes.  And if supporting a football club isn't about aiming, wishing and dreaming ythen the point escapes me.

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Exactly my point. So I am under the impression this is us, until we can secure further investment which is not guaranteed. That’s the worrying part. 

Yeah it's very worrying! probably best that the Rothwells undo the deal and we get the gruesome twosome back :clown: :clown:

52 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

A wise man once aid “Don’t worry about something that may or may not happen”.

Just enjoy the fact that we have the soul of the club back and give the owners time to build, however slowly.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Just enjoy the fact that we have the soul of the club back and give the owners time to build, however slowly.

Slowly slowly?

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Yeah it's very worrying! probably best that the Rothwells undo the deal and we get the gruesome twosome back :clown: :clown:

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I don’t want AL and MO back obviously haha. Maybe worry was the wrong word, but I do want to win football matches. 

I think Sinnot may have mentioned it earlier in the thread and to back that up, conversations have definitely been had sounding out a couple of potential Shez replacements.

One would be quite a coup and it wasn't a flat out NO, but the board now know exactly what would be needed to make it happen. Whether they come up with the goods is another question.

I've made my views pretty clear on Sheridan needing to be replaced, as soon as we can find the right manager to improve the offering on the pitch, and also the need for the Board to publish a realistic plan of what the next 3 years could look like on the football side, as well as the off field improvements which have clearly been made and will continue.

I'm also realistic enough to accept that to get the right type of long term investors involved could take months, and am prepared to accept that we will not be challenging near the top of the NL this year.

What I'm not prepared to accept is the dross being delivered on matchdays.

We are no Wrexham or Chesterfield, but the players we do have should be doing much better than they are. We should be mid table at worst and at least competitive.

We are lucky to have won the 2 games we have, and it's unfortunately the manager that takes the responsibility for this.

By this time next week there is a good chance we could be in the bottom 4, which will make it even more difficult to convince any would be investors to commit.

We need to act now, both for the short and long term good of the club, and not hang around in the hope that our form will improve under Shez. Most fans can see where this will end anyway so do the deed quickly before things get worse.

Harsh yes.... But fair I think. The club is bigger than sentiment.

13 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I've made my views pretty clear on Sheridan needing to be replaced, as soon as we can find the right manager to improve the offering on the pitch, and also the need for the Board to publish a realistic plan of what the next 3 years could look like on the football side, as well as the off field improvements which have clearly been made and will continue.

I'm also realistic enough to accept that to get the right type of long term investors involved could take months, and am prepared to accept that we will not be challenging near the top of the NL this year.

What I'm not prepared to accept is the dross being delivered on matchdays.

We are no Wrexham or Chesterfield, but the players we do have should be doing much better than they are. We should be mid table at worst and at least competitive.

We are lucky to have won the 2 games we have, and it's unfortunately the manager that takes the responsibility for this.

By this time next week there is a good chance we could be in the bottom 4, which will make it even more difficult to convince any would be investors to commit.

We need to act now, both for the short and long term good of the club, and not hang around in the hope that our form will improve under Shez. Most fans can see where this will end anyway so do the deed quickly before things get worse.

Harsh yes.... But fair I think. The club is bigger than sentiment.

I doubt any investors are going to be swayed by a couple of results certainly not the ones who have a long term vision and those are the ones we want. Plus the chances are any investors will likely want their own man in charge anyway so it doesn't make sense to act now fire one manager to then hire one who any new investors won't want and fire anyway. 

Unless it gets critical I say we leave it as it is.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I doubt any investors are going to be swayed by a couple of results certainly not the ones who have a long term vision and those are the ones we want. Plus the chances are any investors will likely want their own man in charge anyway so it doesn't make sense to act now fire one manager to then hire one who any new investors won't want and fire anyway. 

I wouldn't, more performances like we've seen will soon result in about 2,000 fans drifting away and the subsequent loss of revenue. The club just can't allow the feel good factor which brought these extra supporters in to fade away.

I'm beginning to think that it suits the new owners to leave Shez in situ, he's not their man and that deflects any criticism that may come their way, they backed him vocally as they should but there must be a reason his hands have been tied in the transfer market and he's not been allowed to build/assemble a squad to challenge, I'm not having it that there is no money available, if a new manager comes in and the rumours are true about those sounded out then I can't see them being happy working on the same budget Shez has available, there's still a lot happening off the pitch with new directors being appointed to the board just this week so it may be a case of just getting everything in order before the next push, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm beginning to think that it suits the new owners to leave Shez in situ, he's not their man and that deflects any criticism that may come their way, they backed him vocally as they should but there must be a reason his hands have been tied in the transfer market and he's not been allowed to build/assemble a squad to challenge, I'm not having it that there is no money available, if a new manager comes in and the rumours are true about those sounded out then I can't see them being happy working on the same budget Shez has available, there's still a lot happening off the pitch with new directors being appointed to the board just this week so it may be a case of just getting everything in order before the next push, that's what I'm hoping anyway.

I'd assume those new directors have been doing what they do since day one but just waiting for the FA to confirm they passed the owners and directors test

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd assume those new directors have been doing what they do since day one but just waiting for the FA to confirm they passed the owners and directors test

Or just waiting for companies house to upload a document which can take a week or two 

15 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Or just waiting for companies house to upload a document which can take a week or two 

Not usually with that simple notification.  Online now while some of their processes are still paper based. Our website still has the two as awaiting FA Clearance which I guess will be updated soon.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Disagree. Would anyone potentially invest their money into something that was continuously delivering a poor quality product, had been on a continuous spiral downwards and not yet even hit the bottom ie NLN, had little free cash, and was pretty close to the lowest level in its category and where the manager was seen as a bit negative and outdated in his ways ?

Or would you invest in something where the product was slowly improving and stabilising, it had some investment potential, and a manager that seemed progressive, enthusiastic and more modern in his approach?

I know what I think....

I hope the new owner's don't go down the same road as Abdallah,

You can't afford to let your investment fail as he did whilst we were in league one and in this game it's all about results, this equals increased cashflow needed to progress.

There will come a time and I think it'll be soon, when they have to make a decision and turn round what's happening, in order any further investment isn't misplaced.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Disagree. Would anyone potentially invest their money into something that was continuously delivering a poor quality product, had been on a continuous spiral downwards and not yet even hit the bottom ie NLN, had little free cash, and was pretty close to the lowest level in its category and where the manager was seen as a bit negative and outdated in his ways ?

Or would you invest in something where the product was slowly improving and stabilising, it had some investment potential, and a manager that seemed progressive, enthusiastic and more modern in his approach?

I know what I think....

If you are looking at something that is on a continuous downward spiral then they won't look at Oldham anyway because that damage has been done. If you are going to be influenced by a few results here then to be quite Frank I don't want an investor like that because that they will be too short termist and bugger off leave us in the lurch very quickly probably when they get bought.

A new investor will know they can rid of the manager in heartbeat it won't put them off at all.

13 hours ago, Londonboy said:

The players should be doing better than they are yet are nevertheless mid table. 

We are not especially lucky to have won 2 matches. Dorking flattered to deceive whilst conceding the 3 clear cut chances of the match and Aldershot didn't deserve a point. I didn't see Torquay or York but by most accounts we might have 3 or 4 or even 6 points from those fixtures.

Based on the above we could be in the play off mix as we could the bottom 4, because its early days. Let Shez play with the team a while. He might be in his 50s and old school but that's hardly a bad thing. A Latics fan more than most should appreciate the guy's experience but we've a bunch on his case after half a dozen home games. They want a young hot shot manager but odds are they won't find one and are better off with Shez.

5 hours ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

The players should be doing better than they are yet are nevertheless mid table. 

We are not especially lucky to have won 2 matches. Dorking flattered to deceive whilst conceding the 3 clear cut chances of the match and Aldershot didn't deserve a point. I didn't see Torquay or York but by most accounts we might have 3 or 4 or even 6 points from those fixtures.

Based on the above we could be in the play off mix as we could the bottom 4, because its early days. Let Shez play with the team a while. He might be in his 50s and old school but that's hardly a bad thing. A Latics fan more than most should appreciate the guy's experience but we've a bunch on his case after half a dozen home games. They want a young hot shot manager but odds are they won't find one and are better off with Shez.

All fans want is a functional team we haven't seen it yet and no signs we will.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We are not especially lucky to have won 2 matches.

You cannot be serious….Dorking we’re head & shoulders the better team and we beat  a very poor Aldershit in injury time.

I would say we are very fortunate to have two wins…..did you actually go to those games?

6 hours ago, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Based on the above we could be in the play off mix as we could the bottom 4, because its early days. Let Shez play with the team a while. He might be in his 50s and old school but that's hardly a bad thing. A Latics fan more than most should appreciate the guy's experience but we've a bunch on his case after half a dozen home games.

He has been, to quote you "playing with the team" since January and look where it has got us.

Do you see any sign of things improving?

On 9/8/2022 at 3:22 AM, Can Neil Redfearn Do It said:

Appreciate your view but it's total bollocks.

In the main, from what I've seen at games, read on here, and watched on the podcast and phone in, we have been utterly dreadful and a million miles from being in the play off mix.

If you think we'd be better off keeping Shez then fine I respect that, but let's not talk crap about our performances being worth up to 14 points, and that we should appreciate the experience Shez gives us.

It's worse than last season which is saying something....

20 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Appreciate your view but it's total bollocks.

In the main, from what I've seen at games, read on here, and watched on the podcasts and phone in, we have been utterly deadful and a million miles from being in the pay off mix.

If you thin we'de be better off keeping Shez then fine I respect that, but lets not talk crap about our performances being worth up to 14 points and that we should appreciate the experience Shez gives us.

Its worse than last season which is saying something....

Think you need a new keyboard

Archived