Signing & Player Rumours

3 hours ago, Clifford said:

Our budget may be dependent on the Canadian world cup squad announcement 

I really don't think Leutwiler will get picked, suspect he's about 4th or 5th choice even after Crepeau getting injured. Canada has quite good depth in goal 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Steve Thompson’s appointment showing value already!!😂😂

Seriously…if we’d kept him I’m convinced we wouldn’t have been relegated.  

He’s a born leader……just having him in and around the dressing room should reap dividends.

He might be 40 but is as fit as a butcher’s dog and would be a massive inspiration especially to our younger players!!

Age, what age?

This changes everything, because this fella won't be giving any of the other's the free ride they've been having.

I now see a win tomorrow and a move up the table in the coming weeks.

Chuffed and tops off the bottle soon :dance:

8 minutes ago, marhar said:

I really don't think Leutwiler will get picked, suspect he's about 4th or 5th choice even after Crepeau getting injured. Canada has quite good depth in goal 

We should know on Monday, but he is under consideration.

It's a good signing. I don't think the fact his legs might have gone will be an issue if we sit deep, he will organise, put his head in where it hurts and rally everyone in the dressing room. I would be slightly concerned if I was Unsworth though, because if results don't pick up there's a ready made caretaker manager in there now. 

Just now, PeteG said:

It's a good signing. I don't think the fact his legs might have gone will be an issue if we sit deep, he will organise, put his head in where it hurts and rally everyone in the dressing room. I would be slightly concerned if I was Unsworth though, because if results don't pick up there's a ready made caretaker manager in there now. 

He's only here till the 1st Jan. Unsworth won't be sacked by then...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He's only here till the 1st Jan. Unsworth won't be sacked by then...

If we don't win any of the next 5 the rumblings will get louder and now there will be cries for Clarke so it wouldn't surprise me. Let's hope results pick up and it doesn't come to that but very rarely do owners ignore the fans once they start shouting for a managers head regardless of contract or if they are mates.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

If we don't win any of the next 5 the rumblings will get louder and now there will be cries for Clarke so it wouldn't surprise me. Let's hope results pick up and it doesn't come to that but very rarely do owners ignore the fans once they start shouting for a managers head regardless of contract or if they are mates.

Be strange to do that though if Clarke plays in all the 5 matches.

16 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

"And peter clarke sends the latics fans into raptures  as he powers home a header from an injury time corner and breaks Barnets hearts after tollits long range screamer brought the latics level for a second time " 

😁 Brilliant! 

24 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So now we have more centre halves than you can shake a stick at but we desperately need and have all season a decent centre midfield player(s).

Find it a bit of a bizarre signing TBH.

Does it not mean we can push one of the central midfielders we currently have masquerading as centre halves up the pitch?

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

40 or not (how old was Eyresey when he finished with us)

Clarkey's professionalism, desire, passion is exactly what we need.  That shower that showed up against Wrexham won't know what's hit them 

And he won’t be on the treatment table every other week either!

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The club should never do business with Wild again after the way he stitched us up with Rooney...

Unless you know different and spill the beans, Rooney is a professional footballer and HE alone is to blame for his lack of form.

Archived