Signing & Player Rumours

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd love the idea of signing a player who is the right side of 24 who is the best player at his club (a smaller club than us) and coming to us as a step up. Their are loads of players like that about and they would hugely improve us. To look at players purely on the basis of the team they play for now would be insanity and you would be missing out on a huge number of players who you could get who would greatly improve you.

this paragraph has nothing l can disagree with other than spelling there wrong 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

this paragraph has nothing l can disagree with other than spelling there wrong 

9 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

They're

Admittedly my spelling and grammer isn't the best (I imagine a few of you have clocked this from reading my posts down the years) and at work I generally run things through the spell check before I send anything.

My strength at school was more around numbers hence why I got a degree in Economics and am very close to becoming a fully qualified chartered accountant.

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Admittedly my spelling and grammer isn't the best (I imagine a few of you have clocked this from reading my posts down the years) and at work I generally run things through the spell check before I send anything.

My strength at school was more around numbers hence why I got a degree in Economics and am very close to becoming a fully qualified chartered accountant.

l left school at 14 with nowt l was only jokin about the grammar even people who know the rules of there even sometimes inexplicably use the wrong one its mad!

l was gona say it doesnt matter but there is a place where it does so l wont!

kerching on the quals good luck in the last parts of it abd be sure to enjoy the rewards 😁

10 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l left school at 14 with nowt l was only jokin about the grammar even people who know the rules of there even sometimes inexplicably use the wrong one its mad!

l was gona say it doesnt matter but there is a place where it does so l wont!

kerching on the quals good luck in the last parts of it abd be sure to enjoy the rewards 😁

Oh no its fine I knew you weren't having a go. Just highlighting my own weaknesses :)

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Or, for some,  "It should of been..." 😀

3 hours ago, RobinsDuckEgg said:

should've??

2 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

I think you've qualified for a whooooosh. 

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

Should have

I’m just one of those grumpy old men who find irksome the constant repetition of “should of” by some posters on here, albeit I suspect that it’s often done on purpose just to annoy while “should’ve” is just as easy to type.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:00 AM, HarryBosch said:

Can someone explain to me again this weird fetish for wanting to sign players from this terrible league and the even worse ones below rather than proper EFL players?

Because not every player in this division, nor the one below is shit.

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Anyway. Whispers I heard last week was Chester's Kurt Willoughby wants to come to us and Josh Lundstram at Alty is strongly on our radar.

Which certainly won't please @HarryBosch who would would prefer proper EFL players like Ellis Chapman and Chris Porter. 😉

Willoughby has scored some goals this season would be a good move for us let's just hope the striker graveyard does not swallow him up.

3 hours ago, kev1970 said:

Willoughby has scored some goals this season would be a good move for us let's just hope the striker graveyard does not swallow him up.

He will need service, are we sure he will get that?

We will be aiming quite high in regards to player signings. Reliably informed they are going to try and benefit from the contract changes that are incoming over wages when injured. The general rule will be 3 months injured and I think it’s like statutory sick pay. Latics will honour full payment even if injured in new contracts. If majority of clubs don’t do that it could leave us in a stronger position to sign. The turnover will be substantial though and when that happens it’s never easy to start well so big job for Unsy to get us off to a good start next year 

Archived