MATCH: vs Altrincham (A) 25/10/22

Unsworth has no clue what to do anymore than Shez did.

I still don’t believe they are paying £12m and yet happy to have this pathetic bunch of losers representing the club on the pitch…..FR might as well have burned his £12m on bonfire night, at least it would have been entertaining for an hour so.

I have been concerned from the start that FR is a bit of a fantasist and knows zero about the playing side

• Like 1

Just now, Ritchierich said:

Unsworth has no clue what to do anymore than Shez did.

I still don’t believe they are paying £12m and yet happy to have this pathetic bunch of losers representing the club on the pitch…..FR might as well have burned his £12m on bonfire night, at least it would have been entertaining for an hour so.

I have been concerned from the start that FR is a bit of a fantasist and knows zero about the playing side

Why would anyone expect Frank to have a clue about the playing side? That’s Royle and Co’s job.

Now if Frank is unwilling to release funds despite home attendances being comfortably the highest for years, monthly live TV money etc, that’s another question.

19 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Strangely we seem to have improved since we brought on an attacker and an attack minded midfielder.

Unsworth is a typically negative “modern” coach who is more concerned about not losing than trying to win.

feckin useless 

Surely big Joe will tell him what we all think?

Just now, Ritchierich said:

I'm fairly certain Frank doesn't have a lot of knowledge about on the pitch matters, but he's surrounded himself with enough people who should do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

At what point does Unsworth start to cop some flak for this

now!

Completely negative tactics for no reason, he can feck off as far as I’m concerned but if you are going to put someone in place to build something long term you really could do with them actually having the ability or experience to deliver…..I have seen nothing to suggest Unsworth has either

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sjk2008 said:

At what point does Unsworth start to cop some flak for this? I’m by no means starting in Unsworth Out argument, but his insistence on this negative, 3-5-2 nonsense in this god awful league - regardless of how poor our players are - us just painful.

And the owners need to starting flashing some cash. Home attendances will start to dwindle if we don’t. 

These players are absolutely shite, formations are totally irrelevant, nothing that Unsworth can do tbh!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Strangely we seem to have improved since we brought on an attacker and an attack minded midfielder.

Unsworth is a typically negative “modern” coach who is more concerned about not losing than trying to win.

feckin useless 

Wait till Hogan returns, it will be 9 at the back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

These players are absolutely shite, formations are totally irrelevant, nothing that Unsworth can do tbh!!!

The tactics are exactly the same as Sheridan if not even more defensive.  Unsworth needs to change things as he has got he players to do it.  He's brought in John Rooney who has been one of the best attacking midfielders in the division recently and decides to stick him in front of the Centre Halves.  Formations are absolutely relevant and could change things massively. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

At what point does Unsworth start to cop some flak for this? I’m by no means starting in Unsworth Out argument, but his insistence on this negative, 3-5-2 nonsense in this god awful league - regardless of how poor our players are - us just painful.

And the owners need to starting flashing some cash. Home attendances will start to dwindle if we don’t. 

I wouldn't give him a penny until there's some sign he knows what he's doing..

• Like 7

Altrincham conceded 4 on Saturday and 28 all season in the league and DU plays his ultra defensive tactic.

He loves overloading with centre backs as he was once one himself, as for the coach just what difference is he making?

Edited by BP1960

Simply shocking - it can't be denied that there are serious questions to be asked already regarding Unsworth's suitability to be a manager; simple as that. Perhaps Everton had recognised something deficient in him (from a management perspective) all along.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He can only play players in the squad and this squad is absolutely abysmal.
Formations and tactics are totally irrelevant!!!

I get where you are coming from but he has brought in Rooney, an attacking midfielder and a hot prospect in Carty yet persists with defensive formation. 

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I get where you are coming from but he has brought in Rooney, an attacking midfielder and a hot prospect in Carty yet persists with defensive formation. 

As I mentioned he's fixated with centre backs, the more the better as far as he's concerned.