MATCH: vs FC Halifax Town (A) 29/10/22 (17.20 KO)

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

When players are not even moving into space it compounds the problem the players have of not being able to pass a football.

These players are simply incapable of the basic skills of football, couple that with a lack of work rate and desire and that’s why we’re where we are!!

No amount of extra work on the training ground is liable to make the slightest difference.

This. Squad. Is. Crap.

Give over, the management team are fucking this up. Shez got more wins. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Agree with this. Doesn't matter what the formation is when most of the players can't play a simple pass. So many straight to the opposition.

Half our lot look like they are running through treacle. 

No leadership - completely powderpuff.  e

Literally the only positive today for me was Abraham but we need another 6 or 7 of similar ilk to stand a chance.

I've been to all the  away games and it's the same....can't pass the ball apart to the opposition, clueless marking of players in the box hardly a shot on goal all the game, playing deep and allowing opposition to attack aimless kicking the ball sideways passing which allows opposition  to intercept poor crosses and freekicks  wasted. At least they put in a bit more effort today but the camera doesn't  lie and its clear to all our away games are an embarrassment. 

Our supporters deserve better or they will drift away. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Andy Barlow’s dietician said:

Undoubtedly the squad is collectively not good enough and there are clearly some players who should not be getting anywhere near the 11.

However, I do think more could be achieved if we accepted what we have and keep it simple so our mostly limited players are not over exposed to their weaknesses.

for a start, it is so clear that Clarke and Anglo are not wing backs. Clarke gets plenty of criticism, but if he was just left to do the job he is best at (ie full back in a back four) he would likely improve. The same too for Angol.

that then means it’s four at the back, so pick your two best centre halves. We’ve got loads to choose from!

then a solid midfield two who stay close together, get up and down the pitch and play as a partnership. From what I saw today, Sheron and Cooper would do a job, it’s not a dynamic midfield that will drive us into the play offs, but my God we look so exposed in that area and it needs sorting out.

then you can play two ‘creative’ wider midfield players, both of who, still need to support their full backs (eg no Bahamboula type performances allowed) and hold the shape when we don’t have the ball. Tollit is clearly one of those players, take your pick on the other.

Then it’s two up top. Abraham played well today, and he put in a proper shift. Him and Fondop could do a job, and there is still the Bolton lad and perhaps Hope is a week or two away.

after that revolting cameo from Rooney today (completely responsible for their second goal), I don’t see where he fits in. If he doesn’t work (or isn’t fit yet) then he doesn’t get in, however lofty his reputation.

we need legs, desire, organisation, simplicity and a bit of skill. We’ve got enough OK players to get out of the shit and bumble around in 15th, but if we can’t sort out the basics and continue to play like we did today then we are going to get sucked right into the relegation mix.

I blame Clarke for the second goal, he gave the ball away from a throw in by kicking it in the middle of the pitch to no one, Halifax picked up the ball and went up the pitch and scored.

But as so many have pointed out already, this team isn't good enough. 

Cricket score next week against Wrexham, these players are shot to bits.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I've been to all the  away games and it's the same....can't pass the ball apart to the opposition, clueless marking of players in the box hardly a shot on goal all the game, playing deep and allowing opposition to attack aimless kicking the ball sideways passing which allows opposition  to intercept poor crosses and freekicks  wasted. At least they put in a bit more effort today but the camera doesn't  lie and its clear to all our away games are an embarrassment. 

Our supporters deserve better or they will drift away. 

Frank was in the crowd, surely he thinks the same as the vast majority of fans and takes action to stop this rot.

IMO the main blame lies with the manager and his coaching staff for starting every game with a negative formation which I'm sure even the players dislike.

• Like 1

Just now, hillside blue said:

I blame Clarke for the second goal, he gave the ball away from a throw in by kicking it in the middle of the pitch to no one, Halifax picked up the ball and went up the pitch and scored.

But as so many have pointed out already, this team isn't good enough. 

Cricket score next week against Wrexham, these players are shot to bits.

Fondop looks spent, flogging a dead horse comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Right 😂

We were played off the park against Dorking in front of 8300 home fans and just managed to hang on for a win.

We scored a last minute winner at home to the mighty Aldershot, probably the worst team I’ve ever seen at BP, and scraped a home win against Eastleigh for his swan song after being 2 v 1 down!

Hardly a ringing endorsement and at no stage this season have we dominated or even threatened to dominate a single game of football……

The players are the problem, not the manager! 

• Like 4

We need half a dozen in and now, by January this could be terminal, if you count Hogan and Hope as up to it then it is a minimum 4, a rightback, left back and a whole midfield, Clarke just cannot pass a ball and he's not the only one, even Sheron was at it today giving the ball away at will even under minimal pressure.

Thought we competed well in the tackle but we are just not good enough, Threlkeld, Cooper, Rooney, Tollit at times just way off what we need, Fondop/Abraham partnership looks promising but we've no shape and Unsworth just comes across as tactically inept. 

Over to you Frank.

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We were played off the park against Dorking in front of 8300 home fans and just managed to hang on for a win.

We scored a last minute winner at home to the mighty Aldershot, probably the worst team I’ve ever seen at BP, and scraped a home win against Eastleigh for his swan song after being 2 v 1 down!

Hardly a ringing endorsement and at no stage this season have we dominated or even threatened to dominate a single game of football……

The players are the problem, not the manager! 

Won 2 more than DU then ? 

Edited by LightDN123

38 minutes ago, Fervid said:

You canny polish a turd lads 

Unsworth certainly can't..

He knew what squad he was inheriting. He knew that it would be difficult to attract players. If he never once thought "yeah, I might not be able to bring in the players I want, but in a worst case scenario I can get a basic tune out of what's available", he shouldn't have taken the job...

Learning curve for our new owners here. Next manager should be interviewed, not just get the job because he's anyone's mate and should be on his way up the ladder, not down it..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JoeP said:

And what about the cup game in that 14 day period, Dave? 

Wrexham are going to hit double figures, aren't they? 

I'd play the B Team, staying up has to be the priority. Nobody should be risked.

Edited by yarddog73