MATCH: vs FC Halifax Town (A) 29/10/22 (17.20 KO)

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

They may be "poor" but they are better than Latics, evidently. Let's face it, this time next season, with a settled squad of competent players, Latics could be dancing around the poor fuckers who have just been relegated from the league in the same way other teams are currently doing with us.

Aye, and we could also be complaining after being beaten away at Curzon Ashton. Because I don't think it's hyperbole at this point to say that it could happen unless things change ASAP...

13 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Rooney is that shit he has win national league player of the season twice. Maybe its the players around him

He isn't the player that won that accolade, something's not quite right with him though, although he has at least done it at this level.

9 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The players around him are absolute shite. Nowhere in any of my posts have I denied that.

At no point in any game has Rooney shown any of that quality either. 

Neither of these points are mutually exclusive

Just shows the lack of non league knowledge when DU doesnt play Rooney in the position he won his NL awards, but decides he's now a another deep lying midfielder.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just shows the lack of non league knowledge when DU doesnt play Rooney in the position he won his NL awards, but decides he's now a another deep lying midfielder.

But we know DU doesn't have any non-league experience and whose to say an experienced non-league manger will get anything out of this current crock of shite we have as our team right now? He's putting pieces in where they don't fit because he hasn't got any pieces that do fit to make a whole. 

Come on BP, do you want him out and if so, who do you want in?

Had to record it and have just finished watching. Reading some of the comments here it feels like some people only saw what they felt backed up what they’ve said previously. 

We were nowhere near as negative as some have said (trotting out the old back 8 line). Angol was playing largely on half way and put in a great ball that Fondop should have scored from. The rest of the time he was ignored by Tollit. 

We have no wingers capable of playing in a 442 and we don’t have central midfielders good enough to play that either. I actually think the 352 is probably the best fit for our squad. But we desperately need someone for the play to go through in midfield. We also need a right sided wing back. 

Maynard’s defending for the first was criminal, as was the tracking back for the second. 

Abraham was a bright spark. Rooney disappointing again, he looks well off it for some reason. 

Frustrating. Again. But there are shoots there, we just need some key additions to the squad. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Had to record it and have just finished watching. Reading some of the comments here it feels like some people only saw what they felt backed up what they’ve said previously. 

We were nowhere near as negative as some have said (trotting out the old back 8 line). Angol was playing largely on half way and put in a great ball that Fondop should have scored from. The rest of the time he was ignored by Tollit. 

We have no wingers capable of playing in a 442 and we don’t have central midfielders good enough to play that either. I actually think the 352 is probably the best fit for our squad. But we desperately need someone for the play to go through in midfield. We also need a right sided wing back. 

Maynard’s defending for the first was criminal, as was the tracking back for the second. 

Abraham was a bright spark. Rooney disappointing again, he looks well off it for some reason. 

Frustrating. Again. But there are shoots there, we just need some key additions to the squad. 

Your opening is spot on.  Some on here have made up their mind, it was never a back 8 or anything like tonight. 

The players are just out of their ability range. DU in his past two post match interviews is bang on. They are not good enough players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Oh FFS, it really is getting toxic from some on here.
Let's sack the manager and go through the same shit again..and again..and again.

That display today was fucking embarrassing from the majority of the team, despite set-up and tactics, the movement off the ball, the passing, the awareness was just plain fucking amateur.

For what it's worth, I think that now is the time to properly back a manager as this is clearly the board's choice.  I just hope that what Unsworth expects to get and what the board is willing to give are the same.

Unsworth in the meantime needs to cut out the public criticism of the squad until he takes responsibility himself for this situation.  The longer that he doesn't the worse the situation will get.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

For what it's worth, I think that now is the time to properly back a manager as this is clearly the board's choice.  I just hope that what Unsworth expects to get and what the board is willing to give are the same.

Unsworth in the meantime needs to cut out the public criticism of the squad until he takes responsibility himself for this situation.  The longer that he doesn't the worse the situation will get.

Sheridan said exactly the same about this bunch of players after every game.  They are both right. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 2

Just listened to Unsworths post game talk.

I'm no great fan of his but am prepared  to give him time to change  at least 5 of our lacklustre players who just don't cut the mustard.

He genuinely seemed as gutted as we were .

• Like 1

I’m done now with these gutless frauds, got me season ticket which I will pick an choose home games to go to, but away games is done for me now, I’m sick up to the back teeth of wasting money on players what ain’t fit to ever put a pair of football boots on! 

So far this season, these players have been abysmal. Individually and certainly collectively as a ‘team’. But the 11 that started today (apart from Okabue) have played many, many games at this level and higher. And we probably have another 11 players in the squad that also boast good experience of NL, L2 & L1 football.

We’re not dealing with Mo’s lower league French boys with zero scouting or knowledge of how they’ll cope at this level.  

We have a squad full of players that should be capable of holding their own in this league.

I think the issues runs deeper than the players in the squad. I thought it was Al & Mo, so now it’s frustrating to try and understand why things are so bad on the pitch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

So far this season, these players have been abysmal. Individually and certainly collectively as a ‘team’. But the 11 that started today (apart from Okabue) have played many, many games at this level and higher. And we probably have another 11 players in the squad that also boast good experience of NL, L2 & L1 football.

We’re not dealing with Mo’s lower league French boys with zero scouting or knowledge of how they’ll cope at this level.  

We have a squad full of players that should be capable of holding their own in this league.

I think the issues runs deeper than the players in the squad. I thought it was Al & Mo, so now it’s frustrating to try and understand why things are so bad on the pitch.

Mo's boys walk into this team - Doyle, Byrne, McAlney, Rowe, Dearnley, Missilou, Mouche, Nepmocheno even Branger and Fage. But results don't matter, people said they were happy to plummet through the leagues and start at the bottom as long as they got rid of AL. Maybe we are just reaping what we sowed

Would be very interested to watch it all back and see if it's as bad as I thought at the time. Halifax looked much more comfortable on the ball than we ever did and that's damning in itself because they are absolutely dreadful. I don't think we laid a glove on Summerfield all game and just allowed him to dictate the game.

After getting the equaliser, there should have only been one team winning that game and I can't for the life of me understand how we managed to let them go back in front. I'm not even going to mention the keeper for the second goal.

It's far too early to want a manager sacked but I'm very concerned that the performances don't seem to be improving and there doesn't seem to be any kind of tactical plan (for want of a better word) with the team he sends out. I get the players aren't great but a bit of organisation from the coaching team should yield more than one win in 9. Even Sheri managed to get wins from the crap he inherited when he came back in January. Talk of sacking him is pointless anyway cos they've gone balls deep with a 3 year deal and he ain't going anywhere. Lose every game from now until the end of the season and he's still going to be here.

A serious, serious drilling awaits at Wrexham next week, probably on and off the pitch...

Edited by Lee Sinnott
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

I’m getting sick to fucking death of this ‘I need a new team’ from Unsy

So what are you saying David- you get excused for every defeat because you can’t get a tune out of what you’ve got???

Absolutely zero personal responsibility for his own ineptitude. He’s managing in the 5th division with largely average/poor players, its his job is to get the most out of what he’s got. Not to say I’ll win games in 15 months when the club has spent the money needed for me to do my job. 

He sounds more pathetic and desperate every time he speaks. 

This hits the nail on the head.

The amount of managers and coaches who would kill for the opportunity and who would have by now been able to implement some form of style of play, Unsworth has nothing

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Your opening is spot on.  Some on here have made up their mind, it was never a back 8 or anything like tonight. 

The players are just out of their ability range. DU in his past two post match interviews is bang on. They are not good enough players. 

I was level with the back 5 for the first half. It was definitely 5 at the back, with Angol probably a bit more advanced than Clarke was. And then we had two screening in front in Threkeld and Cooper...

11 hours ago, JoeP said:

Unsworth certainly can't..

He knew what squad he was inheriting. He knew that it would be difficult to attract players. If he never once thought "yeah, I might not be able to bring in the players I want, but in a worst case scenario I can get a basic tune out of what's available", he shouldn't have taken the job...

Learning curve for our new owners here. Next manager should be interviewed, not just get the job because he's anyone's mate and should be on his way up the ladder, not down it..

Same post made by Ibby in the Oldham Times. Word for word.

He needs time, I know for a fact that Joe will be in his ear.

Anyone calling I’m him to go needs to give their head a shake. 

Im convinced when Hogan and Hope come back we be a more balanced team.

Last thing we need is another revolving managerial door.

6 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'm convinced that given enough time, he'll come good. Ludicrous to be calling for his head after 9 games... 

I agree, as long as his priority is to now go all out to rebuild the squad because as it is we will be relegated again. He says in his interview he’s given them “9 opportunities “ to prove themselves. Well they’ve proved something alright , that the only way is down with them. 

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Rooney is that shit he has win national league player of the season twice. Maybe its the players around him

exactly. Are they that shit for this league?? Angol part of a promotion team at this level twice. Hogan Stockport cpt who won league and Maynard 30 games last year for Solihull who finished 2nd. Rooney twice player of year at this level. Threlkeld has actually played in championship and has solid career much higher. Are they really that bad. They don’t seem to be for other teams/managers