MATCH: vs FC Halifax Town (A) 29/10/22 (17.20 KO)

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We were played off the park against Dorking in front of 8300 home fans and just managed to hang on for a win.

We scored a last minute winner at home to the mighty Aldershot, probably the worst team I’ve ever seen at BP, and scraped a home win against Eastleigh for his swan song after being 2 v 1 down!

Hardly a ringing endorsement and at no stage this season have we dominated or even threatened to dominate a single game of football……

The players are the problem, not the manager! 

So he did better then? More wins than dodgy Dave?

Unsworth can get right to fuck if he thinks he can get away with blaming the players again for that. He knew the squad he had, he's had 2 months to work with them, and he's taken them backwards. Yes, they're shit, but the balls on the man disappearing down the tunnel again After changing absolutely fuck all from Tuesday. Would not be arsed if he left tomorrow. Patience. Patience. Patience. I have none left 

Who sanctioned this 3 year contract on an unproven manager? Seems ridiculous. I keep hearing people tell me we've got a great backroom staff and board but I can't see it. None of the coaching staff have done it at first team level and certainly not at this level and the only board member with any football experience is Big Joe and thats a long time ago and I think he's more of a figure head than anything. It's worrying.

Looks like he has given up on most of this lot so if Frank isn’t prepared to cough up the dosh it’s going to be extremely difficult to stay in this division.

I don’t think he would have made those comments if an agreement wasn’t already in place as he would effectively have been handing in his resignation!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Who sanctioned this 3 year contract on an unproven manager? Seems ridiculous. I keep hearing people tell me we've got a great backroom staff and board but I can't see it. None of the coaching staff have done it at first team level and certainly not at this level and the only board member with any football experience is Big Joe and thats a long time ago and I think he's more of a figure head than anything. It's worrying.

Fuck off Barry 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Unsworth can get right to fuck if he thinks he can get away with blaming the players again for that. He knew the squad he had, he's had 2 months to work with them, and he's taken them backwards. Yes, they're shit, but the balls on the man disappearing down the tunnel again After changing absolutely fuck all from Tuesday. Would not be arsed if he left tomorrow. Patience. Patience. Patience. I have none left 

Just watched his interview and he does just that. Coward. What's he going to do, buy 11 players? I wouldn't mind if he took a tiny bit of responsibility. But he's seemingly happy to keep alienating a squad of players he chose to fucking manage. Nah

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

I’m getting sick to fucking death of this ‘I need a new team’ from Unsy

So what are you saying David- you get excused for every defeat because you can’t get a tune out of what you’ve got???

Absolutely zero personal responsibility for his own ineptitude. He’s managing in the 5th division with largely average/poor players, its his job is to get the most out of what he’s got. Not to say I’ll win games in 15 months when the club has spent the money needed for me to do my job. 

He sounds more pathetic and desperate every time he speaks. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

But he's seemingly happy to keep alienating a squad of players he chose to fucking manage. Nah

100%

Then is baffled the following week when they aren’t listening to him. 

Maybe they’re sick of hearing you say you need a new team every week. 

His lack of self awareness is staggering. What player would play for somebody who you knew didn’t rate you? 

Let’s cut to the chase this current bunch of players are a complete shower of gutless duckles.  They can’t pass, run for 90 mins let alone tackle. In my 30 plus years watching the Latics this current bunch is the worst I have clapped eyes on. They are getting the run around from part time players who have normal jobs. Sacking a manager 8 weeks in is feckin pointless. In all honestly what manger is going to get a tune out of these players they are extremely poor and have proved for months they aren’t able to do the basics. This once great club is on its knees and the fans are fuckin sick of it. 

• Like 8

Not specifically related to todays game per se, however heard a few people today mention Porter has been ruled out for the season. Unsure how true it is, or where it’s from, but would be a strange thing to make up. Anyone heard anything?

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Not specifically related to todays game per se, however heard a few people today mention Porter has been ruled out for the season. Unsure how true it is, or where it’s from, but would be a strange thing to make up. Anyone heard anything?

Heard that to, surely they will pay him off and get shot now. 

Just now, League one forever said:

100%

Then is baffled the following week when they aren’t listening to him. 

Maybe they’re sick of hearing you say you need a new team every week. 

His lack of self awareness is staggering. What player would play for somebody who you knew didn’t rate you? 

It's becoming painfully obvious as the weeks go on he's never worked in lower league football, and just expects that by undermining players and getting some new players in it'll all turn around. If any of the new names are anything like Rooney he's in for a massive shock

He might even have to do some tactics at some point!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not defending the players in saying this, but I'm not impressed with Unsworth's approach to the task at hand yet.

Hopefully he does have the backing to completely reconstruct the squad and he can build a team that can match the standards he wants to set, but a manager with as little managerial experience as he has should not be publically throwing his team under the bus as much as he's doing.

Before this major surgery that he's talking about, I want him to show that he's got enough skills for us to trust him with the scalpel.  At the moment my prediction is that he may kill the patient while trying, blaming the tools while he tries.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm not defending the players in saying this, but I'm not impressed with Unsworth's approach to the task at hand yet.

Hopefully he does have the backing to completely reconstruct the squad and he can build a team that can match the standards he wants to set, but a manager with as little managerial experience as he has should not be publically throwing his team under the bus as much as he's doing.

Before this major surgery that he's talking about, I want him to show that he's got enough skills for us to trust him with the scalpel.  At the moment my prediction is that he may kill the patient while trying, blaming the tools while he tries.

Can you imagine in any other job, knowing full well the tools you've been given to work with, being given two months to work with those tools (tools being the operative word) day in day out, bringing in your own tools as well, and changing absolutely none of the working patterns of the guy you replaced, and continuing to blame the tools? Can't think of too many other jobs where you'd be given much patience really.

We're in trouble here btw. We're a decent amount into the season, we have an absolutely appalling squad, and we have a manager who seemingly has no idea how to arrest the decline and is relying on recruiting a completely new squad that frankly isn't going to happen. Meanwhile we're losing against poor teams who are around us

Patience

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

Oh FFS, it really is getting toxic from some on here.
Let's sack the manager and go through the same shit again..and again..and again.

That display today was fucking embarrassing from the majority of the team, despite set-up and tactics, the movement off the ball, the passing, the awareness was just plain fucking amateur.

Halifax are shit, yet they looked like goddamn Brazil compared to Latics. Their fans must have been pissing their sides at our so-called team. Abraham was the stand-out for me, he was energetic, pacey and aware off the ball and unlucky not to score. Hopefully Unsworth's "major surgery" involves more like him.

If Rothwell was sat in the stands and wasn't driven to get the cheque book out, then we really are in the shit. I don't know how the finances currently stand but at least half the squad needs to fuck off. Fondop, Tollit [with a caveat that he works harder], Hope, Hogan, Abraham...possibly Sheron..Okagbue, Carragher, Angol, not sure about Norman, he looks a bit dodgy at times...the rest can go. 

So yes, we need about ten players in. :D 

Edited by Wardie
spelling whilst pissed

40 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's becoming painfully obvious as the weeks go on he's never worked in lower league football, and just expects that by undermining players and getting some new players in it'll all turn around. If any of the new names are anything like Rooney he's in for a massive shock

He might even have to do some tactics at some point!!

Rooney is that shit he has win national league player of the season twice. Maybe its the players around him

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Can you imagine in any other job, knowing full well the tools you've been given to work with, being given two months to work with those tools (tools being the operative word) day in day out, bringing in your own tools as well, and changing absolutely none of the working patterns of the guy you replaced, and continuing to blame the tools? Can't think of too many other jobs where you'd be given much patience really.

We're in trouble here btw. We're a decent amount into the season, we have an absolutely appalling squad, and we have a manager who seemingly has no idea how to arrest the decline and is relying on recruiting a completely new squad that frankly isn't going to happen. Meanwhile we're losing against poor teams who are around us

Patience

They may be "poor" but they are better than Latics, evidently. Let's face it, this time next season, with a settled squad of competent players, Latics could be dancing around the poor fuckers who have just been relegated from the league in the same way other teams are currently doing with us.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Rooney is that shit he has win national league player of the season twice. Maybe its the players around him

The players around him are absolute shite. Nowhere in any of my posts have I denied that.

At no point in any game has Rooney shown any of that quality either. 

Neither of these points are mutually exclusive