MATCH: vs FC Halifax Town (A) 29/10/22 (17.20 KO)

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

And on Facebook. Pointed it out and he claimed it was him on here and blocked me 🤣🤣🤣

It was him on the phone in this week.

Claimed to know FR very well😂 and said he was ready to sack Unsworth a few weeks back but was persuaded from doing so!!!!

Its one thing talking bollocks in print but live on a phone in……the guys a complete helmet!!😳

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Had to record it and have just finished watching. Reading some of the comments here it feels like some people only saw what they felt backed up what they’ve said previously. 

We were nowhere near as negative as some have said (trotting out the old back 8 line). Angol was playing largely on half way and put in a great ball that Fondop should have scored from. The rest of the time he was ignored by Tollit. 

We have no wingers capable of playing in a 442 and we don’t have central midfielders good enough to play that either. I actually think the 352 is probably the best fit for our squad. But we desperately need someone for the play to go through in midfield. We also need a right sided wing back. 

Maynard’s defending for the first was criminal, as was the tracking back for the second. 

Abraham was a bright spark. Rooney disappointing again, he looks well off it for some reason. 

Frustrating. Again. But there are shoots there, we just need some key additions to the squad. 

No, no, no. That's all wrong. We have a squad full of half decent players, it's the system and the manager who are preventing them realising their potential...

14 hours ago, disjointed said:

I don't think I can stomach much more of this, until we start going out to win games with a attacking set up, I'm done

But we haven't got the players to do that!

What attacking set up would you have played yesterday with who we have available?

You need a midfield and we haven't got one....

11 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's becoming painfully obvious as the weeks go on he's never worked in lower league football, and just expects that by undermining players and getting some new players in it'll all turn around. If any of the new names are anything like Rooney he's in for a massive shock

He might even have to do some tactics at some point!!

To be fair Rooney seemed a good signing based on what we knew and his past record, and most on here were happy.

You don't win NL player of the season twice if you are shit.

Maybe he needs better players around him to thrive because he's been crap since his debut against Wrexham.

We were lamenting the performances of Callum Whelan last season and were mostly against keeping him on. Yet he’s sat in a play off position at Solihull. Think of all the managers and players that don’t cut the mustard here, yet slot in quite nicely at another clubs set up and perform better. That’s why I don’t think it’s about individual ability. It’s a collective thing. Maybe a club cultural problem. With all the behind the scenes positivity, I’m hopeful things will improve. But not a fan of Unsworth’s blame game. He has to find a way of brining this squad together.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

No, no, no. That's all wrong. We have a squad full of half decent players, it's the system and the manager who are preventing them realising their potential...

No no no, that’s all wrong. We employ managers who don’t need to win games. We ask nothing of them because every single player is shit, there is nothing they can do, they can’t improve them or coach them unfortunately-  we just have to wait while the club finds the money to pay off relative big wages for some, those on multi year contacts, and release all the youth because the manager doesn’t trust them to play like experienced 30 year olds. We expect everyone to sit watching losses every week because when the club gets a new squad in 12 - 18 months then we’ll be good. We can’t ask anything of Unsworth - it’s his job to tell us how shit everything is. 

It took Joe a few years and then we finally got into the playoffs in 86 and got a hammer blow from Leeds Utd.

It took another 3 years to rebuild then we went on the run.

This team has been put together with no thought process and the players signed were like we’d just won shit prizes from a school tombola.

We have to stick with the board and management. Let them bring his own players in who are competent to know how what tactics and shape mean.

One thing I did notice was Maynard giving it large last week and got completely done for the goal yesterday.

Once Hope, Hogan and Gardener come. back plus the 4 new players arriving this week and next we can move on.

I’m still expecting us to go on a run and get in the playoffs

Edited by Lukers1

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Expecting the new owners to revert years and years of managed decline in weeks is madness.

But no one is. 

I don’t think any fair minded fan expects us to do well this season. But it’s going to far in other direction now- where by every defeat is what we deserve or to be expected. The manager is getting away with any analysis because the squad is limited- well, show us what you’re made of then instead of blaming everybody else. 

As a side point, I’m starting to get the feeling he doesn’t want to be here anyway. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oafc11 said:

I’m done now with these gutless frauds, got me season ticket which I will pick an choose home games to go to, but away games is done for me now, I’m sick up to the back teeth of wasting money on players what ain’t fit to ever put a pair of football boots on! 

Same for me now no more away days sick of the crap on the pitch that cannot even compete.

Another thing about hiring and firing. 

The problem we’ve had is firing good mangers-  Bunn, Wild, and Big arms we’re doing fine- especially Wild. But they couldn’t work with Mo, and that won’t happen again. As soon as we get a get a good one he’ll get every support from the club and we’ll be on the up. But that can not make us reluctant to assess what we are seeing with your own eyes when things are really poor. 

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

Another thing about hiring and firing. 

The problem we’ve had is firing good mangers-  Bunn, Wild, and Big arms we’re doing fine- especially Wild. But they couldn’t work with Mo, and that won’t happen again. As soon as we get a get a good one he’ll get every support from the club and we’ll be on the up. But that can not make us reluctant to assess what we are seeing with your own eyes when things are really poor. 

Is the Wild theory at Oldham a bit of a myth? Took over in December with us in 12th place and stepped aside for Scholes with us in 14th. Came back in after Scholes walked with us also in 14th and ended the season in the same place.

He did alright and has done well since, but I think people's judgement on his spell at Oldham is clouded by the Fulham match...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Is the Wild theory at Oldham a bit of a myth? Took over in December with us in 12th place and stepped aside for Scholes with us in 14th. Came back in after Scholes walked with us also in 14th and ended the season in the same place.

He did alright and has done well since, but I think people's judgement on his spell at Oldham is clouded by the Fulham match...

Yeah, perhaps Fulham does colour things a bit- but still a great win and he did fine in the league with what he had. Especially in his first job. 

It's the number of times an Oldham player passed to a Halifax player, with no Oldham player even close, that really gets to me. It's so bad, really bad. Then there's the number of crosses from Clarke that were simple catches for the keeper. We have too many truly dreadful players who can't do the basics that it will take a total clear-out to even start turning this around. Then there's the attitude. Abraham was a breath of fresh air because he actually got stuck in. He underlined the wider problem. Not just lack of talent but totally unacceptable attitudes. I would get rid of at least 10 straight away.

Still, we might be better when McGahey returns....oh, wait, he's on the 'let's get rid' list. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, perhaps Fulham does colour things a bit- but still a great win and he did fine in the league with what he had. Especially in his first job. 

With what we had? We had Iversen, Surridge, Lang, Lyden, Clarke, Edmundson, Hamer etc. It was a decent squad that should have been in and around the play offs and i think we might have been had we stuck with Bunn