National League Thread

• 2 weeks later...

just got halfway down the league two table before l realised what l had done!!

understood why people were panicking and understand a bit more seeing that table, but thats the past now init. need to be flirting with the play offs as a minimum to keep people interested.

honestly expect us to break even with notts county over Xmas.

Pboro sports needs to see one of Harry Vaughan and Benny Couto starting alongside an otherwise firstish choice team. like to see Okagbue in for Clarke for just this match.

not Lootbagger.

Edited by Monty Burns
added more words

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

just got halfway down the league two table before l realised what l had done!!

understood why people were panicking and understand a bit more seeing that table, but thats the past now init. need to be flirting with the play offs as a minimum to keep people interested.

honestly expect us to break even with notts county over Xmas.

Pboro sports needs to see one of Harry Vaughan and Benny Couto starting alongside an otherwise firstish choice team. like to see Okagbue in for Clarke for just this match.

not Lootbagger.

I've seen Peterborough Sports, they were quite attack minded, but vulnerable to quick breaks.

I wouldn't make too many changes just a couple of quicker players in as you suggest.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've seen Peterborough Sports, they were quite attack minded, but vulnerable to quick breaks.

I wouldn't make too many changes just a couple of quicker players in as you suggest.

Lost 3-0 at Buxton last time out - hopefully the game this Saturday counts as the third game of Nuttall’s suspension. Also, it would be good to see Reid play as part of a front two!

I would definitely rest one of our ageing centre backs…

2 hours ago, ceskylatic said:

Give Peter Clarke a rest on Saturday and play the Stoke lad. Other than that, keep the same team as last game and try and build a bit of confidence with another win going into the Gateshead game.

Think Okagbue has been quite unlucky, not crabbing the decision to bring back Clarke but he's had less mistakes in him than any other centre half we've used this season, good range of passing as well. Him and Sutton would definitely be two for the future.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Think Okagbue has been quite unlucky, not crabbing the decision to bring back Clarke but he's had less mistakes in him than any other centre half we've used this season, good range of passing as well. Him and Sutton would definitely be two for the future.

Yeah he’s a tidy player. Carragher as well looked very promising, though would prefer either of them playing alongside Hogan or Clarke in a back 4 rather than together.

18 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Yeah he’s a tidy player. Carragher as well looked very promising, though would prefer either of them playing alongside Hogan or Clarke in a back 4 rather than together.

How many times do people need telling Carragher is injured and been back at Wigan for weeks