National League Thread

27 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Get something at Aldershot Saturday to keep the League unbeaten run going, then we have 4 very winable home games on the bounce in 14 days.

Things could look much more rosey by the middle of Feb....we could even be higher tyan 17th 😁

We are Latics  -  it could also go the other way. Seventy two years of supporting, does this sort of thing to you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Get something at Aldershot Saturday to keep the League unbeaten run going, then we have 4 very winable home games on the bounce in 14 days.

Things could look much more rosey by the middle of Feb....we could even be higher tyan 17th 😁

15 points should make us play off contenders. 😀

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Liam Hogan a pundit on Halifax v Scunthorpe, if any uncool kids haven't noticed..

It's not a great game, is it? Pleased for Scunny that their takeover is done and dusted and hopefully they benefit from that because I'd rather see a southern team go down instead. Crap crowd as well but, on a plus point, their floodies are ok. :D 

28 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's not a great game, is it? Pleased for Scunny that their takeover is done and dusted and hopefully they benefit from that because I'd rather see a southern team go down instead. Crap crowd as well but, on a plus point, their floodies are ok. :D 

Only caught snippets, but it hasn't looked that great.

Wonder if Scunthorpe will have a new ownership bounce?

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Only caught snippets, but it hasn't looked that great.

Wonder if Scunthorpe will have a new ownership bounce?

Halifax have come into it more, their top scorer is coming on, who hasn't scored since their 2-1 win over Latics, according to the commentator.

Scunny hoping for their transfer embargo to be lifted soon.

Edited by Wardie

12 hours ago, Londonboy said:

I agree with this.

When I saw us at Notts County on Boxing day, we were terrible.

Shelton and Reg have improved us exponentially. Even Chapman looked better...still shit, but a more solid stool with Shelton doing the work.

Beat Aldershot and dare to dream.

43 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

6-7 quality signings puts us there, that needn't be light years away.

They would have to be bloody good quality signings!

Wrexham gave a team 2nd in the Championship a very good test and I would hazard a guess a neutral would not put three divisions between the two teams. Yes, I know, it's the F.A. Cup and all that 'raise your game' etc.

No signings of that quality are going to sign for Latics.
Not this season, at least.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:29 PM, nzlatic said:

Have we all forgotten Fulham away?!

Not to mention a Liverpool team that featured Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson.....

Rather than say we are light years behind Wrexham (we're not) one could point to the fact that Wrexham have served their time down here and are now on the up, like Luton and Stockport before them. A model for us to follow.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Not to mention a Liverpool team that featured Gerrard, Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson.....

Rather than say we are light years behind Wrexham (we're not) one could point to the fact that Wrexham have served their time down here and are now on the up, like Luton and Stockport before them. A model for us to follow.

Are you allowed to talk sense on here?

But, but we're Oldham Athletic and we demand X, Y, Z immediately!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Well , we are a long way behind Wrexham - but why wouldn't we be.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Wrexham make great use of the Tozer long throw - I wonder why we never use Couto in this way when he comes on as sub? 🤔