National League Thread

6 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I hope all Latics fans will be celebrating  even those like me who still have reservations about Unsworth having been to the majority of home and away games  supporting our club.

So do I but it does feel like some people seem desperate for the manager to fail to prove a point.

30 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Our manager will soon put that right. 

Case in point.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

0-2 for Kiderminster.

I don't usually like goal celebrations, but Hennings' made me laugh.

Kidderminster  has a really good ground and social club and amenities. Looking forward to Oxford which is another new one to add to my list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Kidderminster  has a really good ground and social club and amenities. Looking forward to Oxford which is another new one to add to my list.

Must admit I wanted Kidderminster to win for the same reason, decent away end fits about 1500 plus seats at the side, ideal for 1st away game of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Must admit I wanted Kidderminster to win for the same reason, decent away end fits about 1500 plus seats at the side, ideal for 1st away game of the season.

Only downside for me is the long uphill walk to their ground

8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I was at Kidderminster in 2012 for an FA Cup victory..

New grounds for me next season will be Ebbsfleet, Oxford City, Fylde and both Altrincham and Bromley which I missed this season.

Also, I’m still to get to Gateshead and the new York City stadium but they may have to wait 👀

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So do I but it does feel like some people seem desperate for the manager to fail to prove a point.

Case in point.

I don't want him to fail, I just can't stomach another season of dire football, I know he will still be manager come the start of the season, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he wasn't. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I don't want him to fail, I just can't stomach another season of dire football, I know he will still be manager come the start of the season, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if he wasn't. 

l dont think the Football will be like this season, we should be able to get an idea on this by the types of player we sign.

altho we did sell Harry Vaughan when we sorely lacked the ability to play actual Football, lm putting that down to circumstance.

expectations have been ramped up and lm not saying youre in it but theres defo a rabid group just praying we start badly, if we start slowly playing launchball it will go toxic fast.

however it could be fun and great and glorious and positive and noisy and packed out. 

down to you, Rhino..

ps this season only ended a few hours ago, this is going to feel like a very impatient summer isnt it! how long til somebody on the hashtag starts moaning we havent signed anybody 🤣

pps one now must join twitter to read the hashtag, so if this has already happened then no surprised face here.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l dont think the Football will be like this season, we should be able to get an idea on this by the types of player we sign.

altho we did sell Harry Vaughan when we sorely lacked the ability to play actual Football, lm putting that down to circumstance.

expectations have been ramped up and lm not saying youre in it but theres defo a rabid group just praying we start badly, if we start slowly playing launchball it will go toxic fast.

however it could be fun and great and glorious and positive and noisy and packed out. 

down to you, Rhino..

ps this season only ended a few hours ago, this is going to feel like a very impatient summer isnt it! how long til somebody on the hashtag starts moaning we havent signed anybody 🤣

pps one now must join twitter to read the hashtag, so if this has already happened then no surprised face here.

I want us to win every game from day 1,obviously this isn't going to happen. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than coming on here and saying I was wrong about Unsworth. It's just a shame some posters on here want to beat down my point of view. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Case in point.

Some people are desperate to tell the people who had/have concerns they were right to back him. 

It’s really simple this. 

When any manager plays poor football and loses a lot of games- he comes under massive pressure. 

When any manager plays poor football but wins a lot of games - the noise lessens/stops. 

If he starts poorly next season he rightly comes under pressure not because of a made up agenda but because he isn’t doing his job.

If he goes well next season, everyone will be pleased and the noise will stop. 

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I want us to win every game from day 1,obviously this isn't going to happen. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than coming on here and saying I was wrong about Unsworth. It's just a shame some posters on here want to beat down my point of view. 

Some posters are just born pessimists and others eternal optimists.

I think a few on here do wish Unsworth to fail for many reasons.

Those aligning themselves with the previous regime obviously and others who make their minds up on something and stick with their beliefs no matter what the evidence says. Most however are in the category you stated and just want a winning team with an added bonus of attractive football.

People do tend to take written criticism of their point of view to heart when they'd just disregard any verbal reproval so I wouldn't take anything too seriously or personally. 

For the record I try to be positive most of the time (just for my personal health mainly) but it's been bloody hard this season with the level of football and attacking intent shown by our team. I understood that this season would be hard from the outset with the shoestring cobbling together of a squad and the subsequent binning and recruiting of better players but feel that had we shown a little more confidence in our attacking ability we'd have finished on the verge of the play-offs.

Unsworth seems to have got them organised a little better and has forged a team spirit that seemed lacking earlier ( Clarkey may have been an inspired signing! ) so hopefully with 2 or 3 skilled players we are well prepared for the promotion push we all desire.

Here's hoping !!  😀👍

43 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Aye. Ironic isn’t it.

The same posters who claim others want to beat down Unsworth. . .

I don’t think either camp is right or wrong. 

You’re just calling it as you see it- that’s it. 

No one can deny the football is poor- because it is. That’s not controversial it’s just what we are watching. 

If he carries on with this style and we win-  who cares. But again it’s not nit picking to say, I’m pleased we’re winning but it’s hard to watch. Because it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

l dont think they do. the Football was shiteeeee.

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Some people are desperate to tell the people who had/have concerns they were right to back him. 

It’s really simple this. 

When any manager plays poor football and loses a lot of games- he comes under massive pressure. 

When any manager plays poor football but wins a lot of games - the noise lessens/stops. 

If he starts poorly next season he rightly comes under pressure not because of a made up agenda but because he isn’t doing his job.

If he goes well next season, everyone will be pleased and the noise will stop. 

not everyone but thats just humanity l suppose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have you tried the uphill walks to Buxton and Colwyn Bay's grounds?

No but Torquay wasn't a easy walk for me  on my crutch nor Aldershot through some woods and right round to the away end

Edited by Flemboy

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

No but Torquay wasn't a easy walk for me  on my crutch nor Aldershot through some woods and right round to the away end

how long to do a pretend outside walk of our ground? 360 degrees start and end at the main entrance when we had that safety officer who was obsessed with CCTV and sitting young people in age related seats..

midday in july of course because everybody struggled at night matches 🤣🤣

seen a couple of nasty tumbles when Corney built the fancy landscaped car park behind the Joe Royle.

also so some really funny ones too

3 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

how long to do a pretend outside walk of our ground? 360 degrees start and end at the main entrance when we had that safety officer who was obsessed with CCTV and sitting young people in age related seats..

midday in july of course because everybody struggled at night matches 🤣🤣

seen a couple of nasty tumbles when Corney built the fancy landscaped car park behind the Joe Royle.

also so some really funny ones too

If you survive the RRE pot holes and the mud paths and taking  caution of all hazards, it should take about 20 minutes to circumnavigate the BP stadium.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If you survive the RRE pot holes and the mud paths and taking  caution of all hazards, it should take about 20 minutes to circumnavigate the BP stadium.

700 metres according to google maps. I bet you could do it in under 10 minutes.

6 hours ago, disjointed said:

Are you sure?

Because after a poster comes on and says we have nothing to fear next season a point of view that actually has some substance next season. You jump in with a dig at the manager. A manager who has won 5 of his last 7 games, now Im sorry but thats unnecessary cynicism and it suggests you simply want to double down. He's proved us wrong in the second half of the season with the form over a 5 month period. Things are looking good embrace it.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Are you sure?

Because after a poster comes on and says we have nothing to fear next season a point of view that actually has some substance next season. You jump in with a dig at the manager. A manager who has won 5 of his 7 games, now Im sorry but thats unnecessary cynicism and it suggests you simply want to double down. He's proved us wrong in the second half of the season with the form over a 5 month period. Things are looking good embrace it.

I can count on one finger the number of games I enjoyed last season, if you think scraping home against some of the worst teams in the division and being outplayed by them is progress you crack on and live it up. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I can count on one finger the number of games I enjoyed last season, if you think scraping home against some of the worst teams in the division and being outplayed by them is progress you crack on and live it up. 

Yeah, Yeah I will.

Do you not like winning? Would you rather we lost 4-3 every week so you can be "entertained" I'd rather watch a team that win consistently.

We've already got a side that will probably challenge for the top 7 now if the season started tomorrow. With several signings we could well be going for the title. 

I don't think we will see a radical overhaul in the way we play but it will be better. If we go up next season alot of the wins we collect will be tight 1 and 2-0 wins. Its the National League it's not always going to be pretty. But if we emerge with enough of them we go up and that will be a success.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I can see how it can come across that some posters won't change their mind re Unsworth.  At first it was Unsworth out because we were losing. Then it changed to Unsworth out because we weren't winning stylishly enough.  Which suggests that for some, unless we're scoring 100+ points and playing like Notts County then in their minds Unsworth will not be delivering.

Everyone is entitled to their own view, but in my view that attitude is harsh. We've had majority bottom half finishes for going on the last 30 years. So as much as I'd love free flowing attacking football like the early 90s, I'm more than happy to settle for a winning team that puts in a serious challenge for promotion.  Attractive football can come further down the line. The priority has to be to reverse the downward direction of the club in the short term. He's been doing that now for the last few months.

• Like 1