FORUM POLL: Unsworth - what happens next?

Unsworth  

110 members have voted

1. 1. The big question. Do we..

• Give him time.
    • Get rid.

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Slightly depressing that 30% want the manager out after 8 league games... 

Couldn't agree more but after the years of shit and relegations we have put up with, it's no wonder we are getting nervous, yet again. It has to stop somewhere and now is as good a time as any. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Very depressing that 70% can’t see what is blatantly obvious, and are operating on nothing but blind faith that it will come good. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with having faith, different people have different breaking points and maybe willing to stick through thick and thin. Me, I've now reached the breaking point. 

#overtoyoumrunsworth

51 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One of our managers (can't remember who) once took the squad on a pre season army boot camp course, don't know if it produced good results after though. Mind you taking our 36+ squad on a bonding exercise may be bit too expensive - unless it's running up and down Tandle Hill every day for a week.😁

Ah, Tandle Hill 😍

is the Tandle Hill Tavern still in business? Hope so.

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Cos him and the Royle's are tighter than shoelaces. Even if we were to get relegated, they wouldn't get rid of him...

If that really is true then it implies the Rothwells and Royles are not so very different to ALMOBO, at least when it comes down to what really matters - results.

So you’re making a very serious claim there. Far more serious than your regular forecasts that we’ll beat the latest sacrificial lambs to take the field against us, forecasts which rarely turn out well. I think you should spell out exactly why you regard DU as unsackable.

9 hours ago, JoeP said:

Seems to divide the room.

Some think he should be allowed to continue the rebuilding job.

Others think there's no evidence he's up to it.

Let's see what the fans say, Clive...

...I genuinely believe that it's both!

We've put the coaching infrastructure in place that is tailor-made for him and to sack him off so soon would be such a waste of time and finances.

Yet he's got to show that he can actually manage the team during those 90 minutes so we can properly get behind him!

I've voted to give him time, but it's based on blind faith.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Very depressing that 70% can’t see what is blatantly obvious, and are operating on nothing but blind faith that it will come good. 

Or, alternatively, they're acknowledging the dreadful team he's had at his disposal, the decades of mismanagement the club has suffered, and the fact that most of his best players have been injured for a lot of that period. 

And maybe also that he's in his first permanent managerial job, has brought in an entirely new coaching team, and has been here for less than two months... 

It's been poor so far, no doubt. But I'm far from convinced that sacking the manager after 8 games is the answer. 

I think we have got ourselves into a right mess here.

I started to worry when I heard Frank say Latics was costing him £12-£13m and there was no money for players so it would need other investors/partners….I’d love to know where that money went but no doubt most of it went to that scumbag Blitz who has been the architect of our destruction from the start.

I really can’t believe how bad the decision making has been regarding the on pitch “investment”, we appear to have one of the largest squads in professional football and yet can’t string 2 wins together in the 5th tier

My optimism since the takeover has pretty much evaporated and I fear with Unsworth in charge of this squad we are headed for relegation again

I’ll be at Maidstone next week but struggling to expect anything other than a turgid defeat

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Or, alternatively, they're acknowledging the dreadful team he's had at his disposal, the decades of mismanagement the club has suffered, and the fact that most of his best players have been injured for a lot of that period. 

And maybe also that he's in his first permanent managerial job, has brought in an entirely new coaching team, and has been here for less than two months... 

It's been poor so far, no doubt. But I'm far from convinced that sacking the manager after 8 games is the answer. 

Or alternatively, he’s been given everything he asked for- including a back room staff that must be the best in league and 7 new signings. Fans then fall back on the past, which is completely irrelevant to his tenure.

He has taken over at a time with fabulous owners, the club in midtable and struggling with a limited squad. He has since publicly lambasted said squad weekly, (showing an astonishing lack of self awareness) demanded a whole new team, taken us into the bottom four, and shown no ability to improve players. 

The team show no one iota of improvement, and fans still cling onto to the idea that if he signs another ten players (on top of the 7 he already has) we might come good. When they say this, they completely ignore the fact he had been slowly changing the team for weeks with the same results.

1 win in 11 isn’t poor, it’s diabolical and absolutely convinced  that sticking with him will lead to relegation. 

11 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Slightly depressing that 30% want the manager out after 8 league games... 

Check out the team performances and results since our alleged manager took over - performances which, he doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility for.

Now that's slightly depressing..

24 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

With a comment at the end from Ibby which is a direct lift from Leagueone forever above. 🤣

Last paragraph:

“There is long-term planning at Boundary Park, they are building for a brighter future for club and community, but right now Latics need a quick fix to kick-start their season.”

Sums it up for me 👍

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I reckon it could happen within the next year or so, and David has a 3 year deal. He's going nowhere...

Just listening to his post-match interview on the BPAS... Does seem to have been given a vote of confidence. I'm not having that is sole remit was to stay in the division when we were sat in mid-table when he took over.

11 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

How? Perfectly feasible that Frank would hand part the club to his children and sell a percentage of his stake to other local businesses...

Think you are probably right given Groco 510 has the shares in Oldham Athletic and the 2 people with significant control in Groco 510 are Luke Rothwell and Susan Schofield.

Archived