Unsworth

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Just listened to D.U.

He doesn't live in my world.Tonight we were shite.He says we created loads of chances. Well I didn't see them.

We had no midfield again. Yes we have injuries so why not just admit it.

First half we were crap so why not try something different and bring on fresh players. He always waits till we go behind.Why can't He ever do something positive.This man is clueless and has to go.

I agree 100%.

Is that a bullet proof vest he always wears lol.

Really  I hope he proves me and others wrong especially  with the top players  he has thanks to Frank

All I want as we all do  is success for our team supported home and away for over  55 years  with full programmes to prove it .

Edited by Flemboy
  • Like 2

I am literally watching a different game to this fella, I know he's not going to come out and be critical of himself or his players for that matter but he is just talking shite if he thinks we created loads of chances, Nuttall first half but other than that we put nothing on that donkey keeper they've got, nothing on target at all. Fondop and Reid hardly looked arsed when they came on as well but why would they pull their tripe out for him, he drops them at the first opportunity, a new manager may give them a fairer crack as well as Willoughby for that matter.

Finally if he's not going to use Gardner why name him on the bench instead of a keeper, our midfield hardly made a pass tonight and if he didn't get on - on the back of that he probably needs to move on.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Tonight wasn't 442 as I know it.

So was Saturday with the same outfield 10 not 4 4 2 then? I thought you said it was and was miles better??

The modern game is about flexibility not rigidity, and Unsworth is about as flexible as the rocks on Pots and Pans!

The fact is Halifax are a much better more organised team than Aldershot, who in my view will be relegated this year.

We will get overun on Saturday whatever formation he plays as he's just a crap manager, and Ebrell a crap coach....end of.

7 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Just listened to D.U.

He doesn't live in my world.Tonight we were shite.He says we created loads of chances. Well I didn't see them.

We had no midfield again. Yes we have injuries so why not just admit it.

First half we were crap so why not try something different and bring on fresh players. He always waits till we go behind.Why can't He ever do something positive.This man is clueless and has to go.

Unsworth must have repeated the phrase:

“We’ve had enough chances to win the game” or similar at least half a dozen times. 
Delusional? Possibly.

Yes we had a go but did not create quality chances  - once again we looked unbalanced in our play and Halifax put their bodies on the line to deny what little threat we did pose.

The late challenge on Fondop was horrendous and the referee simply bottled it. A red card and penalty all day long.

It has to be said that the early summer recruitment was promising - Ward, Lundstram, Willoughby, Hobson and Green re-signing - all good.

Yet, due to a combination of injuries and selection, NONE of the five above played a part yesterday.

The later signings - Raglan, Norwood, Dickenson and Freeman - did play.

The last two have joined after not playing much football recently - and it showed as they played a second game in four days.

What was evident again last night was the managers inability to change things when needed. 

I’ve said before that I believe the manager is learning on the job, but last night showed that he still has a way to go.

• Like 1

I WANT David Unsworth to succeed and I WANT to see us regularly playing like we did on Saturday. I WANT a team that work together and to commit to the cause. I WANT to see us play to our stengths and dominate possesion at home. I WANT the players on the pitch to have the ability to find a team mate with a pass. I WANT a team thet will justly reward the Rothwells for the gamble he has taken with us and I WANT the Athleticos and the kids that are coming to matches to feel like I did in the late 80s early 90s. 

I also want a three way with Jenifer Lawrence and Hayley Atwell, a fleet of high performance cars, a new house and executive relief every morning before work. 

As an alternative keep Unsworth and replace Ebrell with a more progressive coach/assistant and see if that brings any dividend. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

I WANT David Unsworth to succeed and I WANT to see us regularly playing like we did on Saturday. I WANT a team that work together and to commit to the cause. I WANT to see us play to our stengths and dominate possesion at home. I WANT the players on the pitch to have the ability to find a team mate with a pass. I WANT a team thet will justly reward the Rothwells for the gamble he has taken with us and I WANT the Athleticos and the kids that are coming to matches to feel like I did in the late 80s early 90s. 

I also want a three way with Jenifer Lawrence and Hayley Atwell, a fleet of high performance cars, a new house and executive relief every morning before work. 

As an alternative keep Unsworth and replace Ebrell with a more progressive coach/assistant and see if that brings any dividend. 

l can't see the club doing that. it may be offered to him privately but to publically undermine the manager in such a manner seems very un-Franklike.

His inability to read a game and change things can be so frustrating. It was clear we had nothing going through midfield so why not bring Gardner on? Nuttall for Fondop was like for like and a waste of a sub. Why not bring Reid on who could at least chase down the aimless hoofs forward? He doesn't react to things at all. 

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

His inability to read a game and change things can be so frustrating. It was clear we had nothing going through midfield so why not bring Gardner on? Nuttall for Fondop was like for like and a waste of a sub. Why not bring Reid on who could at least chase down the aimless hoofs forward? He doesn't react to things at all. 

And the enigma that is Kurt Willoughby.

He was Unsworth’s No.1 target and chased for months, he won’t have come cheap!

He’s played once, in a ten minute injury time cameo against Aldershot…………

Why has he hardly featured?

Why the hell was he signed?

Questions need to be asked!

• Like 2

Boring Football is back!

Enhancing team management

Being an established manager does not guarantee a productive team; the best way to have a positive impact on your organisation, department, and team is to be the best manager you can be.

With Unsworth we may well get promoted…eventually, but it’s going to take twice as long as it should and would probably cost the club even more money!

I would love him to prove me wrong but it’s looking less and less likely.

We said he needed a good start but he hasn’t and the reality is, If we lose our next two matches, which looks likely, then that would be just 3 points from a possible 15.
By then we could already be 12 behind Chesterfield and he should be gone!!

Delaying the decision any longer and our season could be all but over!

I would be putting the feelers out now and having a word with Pete Wild, who I think, although dropping down a division, would relish the chance of a return to BP.

I think it would prove a massive boost to supporters and give us a much better chance of competing at the other end of the table as I think he would get 20% more from this lot overnight.

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

There are some good managers currently out of work and presumably becoming more and more desperate to climb aboard the merry-go-round before they are forgotten. 

Several who would have seemed out of reach not long ago  will be tempted by the Oldham job if it comes up. It will be a great opportunity for someone and there's no better time to take over at a club than when it is at its lowest point.

7 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

There are some good managers currently out of work and presumably becoming more and more desperate to climb aboard the merry-go-round before they are forgotten. 

Several who would have seemed out of reach not long ago  will be tempted by the Oldham job if it comes up. It will be a great opportunity for someone and there's no better time to take over at a club than when it is at its lowest point.

Names?

1 hour ago, ROKERITE said:

You think this is the club at its lowest point?

Really?

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

With Unsworth we may well get promoted…eventually, but it’s going to take twice as long as it should and would probably cost the club even more money!

I really hope Frank is a lot more shrewd than just chucking money at Unsworth until it works...

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I would love him to prove me wrong but it’s looking less and less likely.

We said he needed a good start but he hasn’t and the reality is, If we lose our next two matches, which looks likely, then that would be just 3 points from a possible 15.
By then we could already be 12 behind Chesterfield and he should be gone!!

Delaying the decision any longer and our season could be all but over!

I would be putting the feelers out now and having a word with Pete Wild, who I think, although dropping down a division, would relish the chance of a return to BP.

I think it would prove a massive boost to supporters and give us a much better chance of competing at the other end of the table as I think he would get 20% more from this lot overnight.

he needed a good start to keep the fans off his back, not to win promotion.

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I really hope Frank is a lot more shrewd than just chucking money at Unsworth until it works...

If he can’t get a decent tune out of his squad as it is, particularly when the new midfielders and Green are back then enough is enough . 

51 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Why do people worry about how much money a multi millionaire is spending? He's going to need to spend lots of it for many years to come...

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Why do people worry about how much money a multi millionaire is spending? He's going to need to spend lots of it for many years to come...

How do you know?

While as fans it's not really any of our business what he decides to spend his money on, we still want what's best for the club and (as he's a nice bloke) wouldn't want Frank wasting his hard-earned when he could be spending it less frivolously and probably getting the same results (or even better results...if we had the right manager, etc).