MATCH: Notts County (H) 01/01/23

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

lve only jusnoticed that this doesnt make sense but nobody picked me up bc 20% ppl blocked me 20% scroll past me wo reading 20% of you got exactly what l meant 20% think nothing l post makes sense and 20% think its a joke they dont get!!

Oooh. Which category to fall into? 

Well it is not blocked-obviously.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Oooh. Which category to fall into? 

Well it is not blocked-obviously.

nobody should ever block people, hearing what we dont like keeps us true.

same goes for deleting sumat if youre wrong.

obviously admins need to block people on ocassion for the sake of the board. and us really!!

6 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whos fault is that?

Unsworth signed both Chapman and Peck, and until yesterday, played Sheron at RB

He did, but I think the length of the deals and the fact that they're loans spell it out that they are short term solutions. Sticking plasters, like I said. And a very marginal upgrade on Cooper, Burgess and Threlkeld who were were lumbered with at the start of the season.

Additonally, I don't think a manager instructs his team not to press. I just think that some players have energy levels and ball-winning skills and some don't. And we're littered with players that are the latter rather than the former.

31 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He did, but I think the length of the deals and the fact that they're loans spell it out that they are short term solutions. Sticking plasters, like I said. And a very marginal upgrade on Cooper, Burgess and Threlkeld who were were lumbered with at the start of the season.

Additonally, I don't think a manager instructs his team not to press. I just think that some players have energy levels and ball-winning skills and some don't. And we're littered with players that are the latter rather than the former.

some managers do drills for an hour where its like 7-9 aside or wtvr but you dont tackle, if you do its a free kick. its about making you read passes n shit.

its total fuckin bollocks.

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

lve only jusnoticed that this doesnt make sense but nobody picked me up bc 20% ppl blocked me 20% scroll past me wo reading 20% of you got exactly what l meant 20% think nothing l post makes sense and 20% think its a joke they dont get!!

So Monty, percentage wise, how many people do you think scroll past without reading what you say AND think nothing you say makes sense ? Because I think I might fall into that category %76.3 of the time. 😉 

3 minutes ago, redlion said:

So Monty, percentage wise, how many people do you think scroll past without reading what you say AND think nothing you say makes sense ? Because I think I might fall into that category %76.3 of the time. 😉 

61.53% of people don't understand percentages...

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

1,043,511% of people exaggerate

The financial regulator once did a survey which identified that over 60% of respondents would prefer to be given £500 rather than 20% of £5,000.  Firms have been told that they should write terms and conditions aimed at a reading age of 9-11 which is impossible in my book.

15 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

?? they are pro and fit enough to press no doubt. U think they are being told to press and aren’t doing week after week and the manager is accepting that. If that’s the case the manager has lost the dressing room but not a chance that is happening. They are playing to instructions, sitting deep in shape. It’s clearly a tactic 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The financial regulator once did a survey which identified that over 60% of respondents would prefer to be given £500 rather than 20% of £5,000.  Firms have been told that they should write terms and conditions aimed at a reading age of 9-11 which is impossible in my book.

Baffles me in some ways, but then I remember I work with people in their 20s who don't know absolute basics about anything. How many letters in the alphabet. That stumps way more people than it should

27 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Baffles me in some ways, but then I remember I work with people in their 20s who don't know absolute basics about anything. How many letters in the alphabet. That stumps way more people than it should

It comes, in my book, from being taught to pass exams rather than to learn and think. The tyranny of league tables 

31 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It comes, in my book, from being taught to pass exams rather than to learn and think. The tyranny of league tables 

As a long suffering Latics fan, I definitely don’t like league tables!

8 hours ago, Careca9 said:

?? they are pro and fit enough to press no doubt. U think they are being told to press and aren’t doing week after week and the manager is accepting that. If that’s the case the manager has lost the dressing room but not a chance that is happening. They are playing to instructions, sitting deep in shape. It’s clearly a tactic 

It's not always about fitness. Tackling and winning the ball back is a skill. We have very few in the current squad who aren't defenders and can do that.

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

It's not always about fitness. Tackling and winning the ball back is a skill. We have very few in the current squad who aren't defenders and can do that.

I'm not convinced even the defenders can do that.

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

A million quid would have you in the top 1% globally

Doubt it. Wealth isn’t just cash in the bank. It’s property, valuables etc. Many many folk in this country have houses that are worth £500k or more. 

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

Doubt it. Wealth isn’t just cash in the bank. It’s property, valuables etc. Many many folk in this country have houses that are worth £500k or more. 

£1million in assets globally has you in the top 1% don't forget their are 8 billion people around the world the majority of whom live on less that $10 per day.

Top 1% globally

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

£1million in assets globally has you in the top 1% don't forget their are 8 billion people around the world the majority of whom live on less that $10 per day.

Top 1% globally

that is truly humbling to read and probably holds true if you go back through the ages so many in this country are amongst the wealthiest humans that have ever walked this earth…..even if we can’t afford the damn gas bill right now!

So back to the Notts county thread. Just watched what their pundits thought of the game. And the were very complementary of our tactics. And thinking about it, it was the first time this season that we didn't get passed to death in midfield. 

Yes, they had lots of the ball, but that was mostly in their own half. In my opinion the tactics for that match were spot on.

Archived