MATCH: York City (H) 24/01/23

Im looking forward to this one tonight .... This is the first match of my youngest sons first season ticket. I never thought he would join me but thanks to a free ticket for helping with the covers on NYD he actually enjoyed himself. Please make sure he WANTS to return 🙏

Ok. So probably a late start for work for me in the morning.

However, as it is a 5:45 am kick off in Brisbane, if I can be showered, dressed and have picked up the dog poo by kick off, I could be in the office by 7am and not miss much of the second half.

Then again, rush hour in Brisbane is slower than any Latics attack.

I don't know, I feel quietly optimistic about this one although my preparation for bitter disappointment is standing by. Let's face it, the game is winnable and if the Shyster fucks this one up, the fans will let their feelings be known, that's the one thing we can count on.

2 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm absolutely dreading it. The reason being is that we've been awful for the majority of the season and I can't understand how Unsworth wants us to play. 

It's awful isn't it. 

I've gone from - "my kids want to go to every game, this is great!" to "ah shit, the kids want to go to the match" in the space of months.

In the past I never understood people who could go regularly but didn't want to.

People have lots of different tipping points I suppose.

We knew why it was shit under Abdallah and wanted to get in the ground to vent and watch the mayhem unfold.

Now it's the fact that we thought it wasn't going to be like that anymore but it's somehow got worse.

So frustrating, disappointing & depressing.

Anyway, enjoy the match everyone! 😃 😂💙

• Like 3

I posted this prior to the Southend game… it’s still valid for this evening’s match I reckon:

I’ll be watching this on National League TV.

Three things I hope:

1. Whichever eleven start the game, they play with commitment and confidence 

2. David sets us up to play on the front foot

3. The fans get behind the team and the atmosphere does not turn toxic 

The result is important and so is the performance. 

Between the Dorking home game and the New Years Day home game we have lost two thousand home fans 😮

Something has to change before we completely lose the feel good factor that we witnessed just a few months ago 

• Like 1

I've no idea what sort to expect this evening given the inconsistency of performances so far this season. This is a big game for Unsworth, we haven't lost two consecutive games at home so far this season so defeat tonight would increase pressure on the manager.

If you look under the bonnet of our inconsistent displays there's a stark contrast between our performance against the top half and the bottom half of the division. In 12 games against the top teams we've only gathered 4 points out of a possible 36. Against the bottom half it's a far stronger 20/36, with 13 of those points coming at home.

So some statistical reasons for optimism and also a strong indication that along with maintaining that record against the weaker teams in the division we also need to vastly improve against the top teams if we are to progress to mid-table comfort.

Interested in the line up tonight. Sounds like Varney made a promising start so perhaps he'll stay at RB although Shelton provides an option there. But if Varney is retained at RB that will probably mean Sheron dropping back into defence and Shelton filling in there. All this assuming Clarke (J) is out of contention.

Tricky decision. I hope Shelton has been signed to play RM, think that gives us greater options in midfield with the possibility of moving Peck back into CM and Chapman becoming an option at LM as an alternative to Bens Tollitt and Couto. 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

The time for- 

I want to see a performance regardless of the result has long since passed. 

He just needs results now. 

Definitely, no more “ we played well in parts and deserved more” etc. We need to start winning . Full stop 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What’s with the statement re police and violence ? 

Presume it's to do with the running battles through the centre of York after the previous game. Ended up having to get the kids a cheap hoodie each as they were walking round in Oldham shirts while packs were roaming "looking for Oldham"!

39 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Presume it's to do with the running battles through the centre of York after the previous game. Ended up having to get the kids a cheap hoodie each as they were walking round in Oldham shirts while packs were roaming "looking for Oldham"!

Most Oldham fans I saw after the game were put on double deck buses so would have gone straight to the station.