MATCH: Bromley (H) 29/04/23

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

Er .... Unsworth out .... No wonder we have so many grammar police on here :D. Counthill taought me nowt apart from how to hide in a crowd and that I really should never ever book a skiing holiday!!!

If you fell over on the ski slope any time between 1973-1990 chances are it was my Mum showing a lack of sympathy when you went to get your injuries seen to

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Anyway, back to the Bromley game. Sounds like they rested a few players ahead of the playoffs so full credit to David and his charges for extending their unbeaten run against the Bromley B team...

We also had nowt to play for except pride.

We missed two one on one’s, hit the bar, and their goalkeeper had an absolute worldy…it was a decent performance to be fair and on another day it could have been 5 v 1!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We also had nowt to play for except pride.

We missed two one on one’s, hit the bar, and their goalkeeper had an absolute worldy…it was a decent performance to be fair and on another day it could have been 5 v 1!

plus we left out our best defender, our best midfielder, started Hallam Hope and lobbed an injured middle aged hero up front for good measure

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Anyway, back to the Bromley game. Sounds like they rested a few players ahead of the playoffs so full credit to David and his charges for extending their unbeaten run against the Bromley B team...

I  seem to recollect at one time that I used to enjoy reading your comments, Cannot understand why you felt that you needed to make this one. Now next season may be another matter

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bromley only had four players starting yesterday who started against us, so a valid comment…

but then to sarcastically add the subsequent comment about ‘Bromley B’ just to have a dig at the manager and the team makes me wonder if this season has just been too much for you?

It also misses an opportunity to point out that Bromley have strength in depth which could see them challenging next season perhaps?

As another fan @another fan points out, it used to be enjoyable reading your comments - what have you done with the real @Lee Sinnott? I want him back please 😃

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Bromley only had four players starting yesterday who started against us, so a valid comment…

but then to sarcastically add the subsequent comment about ‘Bromley B’ just to have a dig at the manager and the team makes me wonder if this season has just been too much for you?

It also misses an opportunity to point out that Bromley have strength in depth which could see them challenging next season perhaps?

As another fan @another fan points out, it used to be enjoyable reading your comments - what have you done with the real @Lee Sinnott? I want him back please 😃

The bottom line is we need to be WAY better if we want to even think about consistently residing in the top 3. I agree with LS. That was Bromley B and we should have won with ease. 

Just now, GKing521 said:

The bottom line is we need to be WAY better if we want to even think about consistently residing in the top 3. I agree with LS. That was Bromley B and we should have won with ease. 

Why?  We were third highest points scorer in the league 2023.  The Bromley game was one stop short of a testimonial.

1 minute ago, GKing521 said:

We would have done if their goalie hadn't had a blinder.

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Why?  We were third highest points scorer in the league 2023.  The Bromley game was one stop short of a testimonial.

I don't want us to slip into 4-7th. We will get dumped out at the first time of asking. 

Just now, GKing521 said:

I don't want us to slip into 4-7th. We will get dumped out at the first time of asking. 

But we clearly don't need to be way better in a division missing Wrexham and possibly Notts County

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But we clearly don't need to be way better in a division missing Wrexham and possibly Notts County

Mr Unsworth himself stated after the Yeovil match there is still 'loads' to do. I tend to agree with him and I hope to see the fruits of his labour next season. 

38 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Mr Unsworth himself stated after the Yeovil match there is still 'loads' to do. I tend to agree with him and I hope to see the fruits of his labour next season. 

We are equipped now for top 7 easily, three maybe four quality signings and we'll be well in the mix and hopefully pushing the top of the table, since Christmas we've beaten most of those from 3rd down to mid table and we shouldn't be fearing anyone going in to next season, pre season and adding that quality will be crucial, if Notts go up which I hope they do i would have us as favourites for promotion next season based on a number of factors, we will have the biggest budget, likely the biggest gates and the club is now on a steady footing that should only see us going one way.  

5 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I don't like this positive, cheery version of you...

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We are equipped now for top 7 easily, three maybe four quality signings and we'll be well in the mix and hopefully pushing the top of the table, since Christmas we've beaten most of those from 3rd down to mid table and we shouldn't be fearing anyone going in to next season, pre season and adding that quality will be crucial, if Notts go up which I hope they do i would have us as favourites for promotion next season based on a number of factors, we will have the biggest budget, likely the biggest gates and the club is now on a steady footing that should only see us going one way.  

Yes I agree. I really hope he gets it right this summer.

The 2023 table gets mentioned a lot and while we do feature as ‘best of the rest’ it’s hardly a convincing lead ahead of the others. In fact, if you tweak it slightly to Matchday 23-46 I think we’re 5th? It’s Gateshead who are 3rd. 

This isn’t to suggest that it’s not good, to be honest it’s remarkable, and I doubt many (including myself) could have envisaged this after the disgraceful performance in Nottingham.

That being said, I think everyone wants out of this division next season and we’re in a healthy position to potentially stage an assault on the title (Notts promotion pending*). We need to get the recruitment spot on.

*County’s finances look interesting though. Can they afford to stay in this division for much longer? 

Just now, GKing521 said:

Yes I agree. I really hope he gets it right this summer.

The 2023 table gets mentioned a lot and while we do feature as ‘best of the rest’ it’s hardly a convincing lead ahead of the others. In fact, if you tweak it slightly to Matchday 23-46 I think we’re 5th? It’s Gateshead who are 3rd. 

This isn’t to suggest that it’s not good, to be honest it’s remarkable, and I doubt many (including myself) could have envisaged this after the disgraceful performance in Nottingham.

That being said, I think everyone wants out of this division next season and we’re in a healthy position to potentially stage an assault on the title (Notts promotion pending*). We need to get the recruitment spot on.

*County’s finances look interesting though. Can they afford to stay in this division for much longer? 

I have a friend who supports Notts Co and he regularly tells me they’ll be pretty fucked if they don’t go up this season, as financially they’ve kind of gone all in. 
Not privvy to their finances but i’d say Langstaff would fetch a 1M+ price tag, which would surely help them out, and help them otherwise keep their squad together for at least another season.

I do hope they go up though. 

22 minutes ago, daniel said:

I have a friend who supports Notts Co and he regularly tells me they’ll be pretty fucked if they don’t go up this season, as financially they’ve kind of gone all in. 
Not privvy to their finances but i’d say Langstaff would fetch a 1M+ price tag, which would surely help them out, and help them otherwise keep their squad together for at least another season.

I do hope they go up though. 

The midfielder Rodriguez (pretty sure that's his name) is the stand out player for Notts, he'd fetch decent money. The only upside to them not going up is the possibility they may have to sell their best assets. 

39 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The midfielder Rodriguez (pretty sure that's his name) is the stand out player for Notts, he'd fetch decent money. The only upside to them not going up is the possibility they may have to sell their best assets. 

their squad could handle it. selling their three top players would just reduced them to a good, organised side, all comfortable on the ball who play decent Football. basically what we are aiming to be!

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

their squad could handle it. selling their three top players would just reduced them to a good, organised side, all comfortable on the ball who play decent Football. basically what we are aiming to be!

I'm sure they could find players to fit into their system, at BP they passed us to death, if it hadn't been for the brain fart from their keeper we would have lost that game, in fact us getting the draw was daylight robbery. 

Just now, disjointed said:

I'm sure they could find players to fit into their system, at BP they passed us to death, if it hadn't been for the brain fart from their keeper we would have lost that game, in fact us getting the draw was daylight robbery. 

and it changed our season 😎 not our whole future or owt like some Sliding Doors moment bc thats jus silly. but..

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Our keeper and players have had those by the truck full. Taking advantage of the opposition's mistakes is much better than not doing so.

Archived