Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

24 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah l did a hypothetical XI the other day but l forgot Reid so wherever it is its void.

exciting times. Hyde social club needs to get extra beer in.

A flexible 5-3-2/3-5-2 would be my choice, especially if Rooney hangs around. But I'm not a coach and probably have no idea what I'm talking about 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

A flexible 5-3-2/3-5-2 would be my choice, especially if Rooney hangs around. But I'm not a coach and probably have no idea what I'm talking about 

yeah l think we will see that and l think it needs one more player a RWB. we sign somebody who can play there and as a conventional RB the squad is done and anything else is gravy.

not even started training yet 😁.

22 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l would say thats more to do with somebody of your generation falling foul of modern editting skillz than it is anything that Hobson can/can't do🤣

Already edited it smarty

3 hours ago, Lags said:

It was mentioned in the Yarney update the other day.  Apparently the contract signed with the 12 month option couldn't be ratified due to it.

Which sounds like utter bollocks.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah l think we will see that and l think it needs one more player a RWB. we sign somebody who can play there and as a conventional RB the squad is done and anything else is gravy.

not even started training yet 😁.

No 4,4 fucking 2 is best.Trust me.

4 hours ago, Shrek said:

Which sounds like utter bollocks.

So the new whiter than white (I think they are doing a sterling job to date) board are being economical with the truth?.........very controversial.

“The Iron has today rejected an offer from Vanarama National League side Oldham Athletic for defender Reagan Ogle. As previously stated, Reagan remains firmly in Jimmy Dean's plans for the 2023-24 season.”

From Scunthorpe OS. 

5 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

“The Iron has today rejected an offer from Vanarama National League side Oldham Athletic for defender Reagan Ogle. As previously stated, Reagan remains firmly in Jimmy Dean's plans for the 2023-24 season.”

From Scunthorpe OS. 

Shame could have been the new Jordan Clarke 🥴.

52 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From Scunthorpe OS. 

Player of the season.

Described on wiki as a rhino type:

Ogle predominantly plays at right-back but is a versatile footballer who can also play at left-back, centre-half and as a central midfielder. Upon signing for Scunthorpe, he described himself as "very athletic, quick and strong and like to put in a tackle". He is also known for having a long throw-in.

There's a clear pattern to our signings, which shows that some thought has gone into it. We are so far away from the last few years. 

Another right back we can’t sign. Shame we can’t sway a National League North side. We may have to wait until late July for a loan which is not good. 

This adds some serious imbalance to the side and we’re still lacking some depth at the back. 

11 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Another right back we can’t sign. Shame we can’t sway a National League North side. We may have to wait until late July for a loan which is not good. 

This adds some serious imbalance to the side and we’re still lacking some depth at the back. 

We will just win every game 6-5

27 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Shelton or Sheron or Sutton can play right back till we get the right man. 

In the words of Corporal Jones "...... ...........".

35 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Miserable you. It's June. Have a month or two off

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

They’re obvs playing hard ball. The day we can’t sign someone from national league north is a dark day! It’s nailed on !

Scunny have made the Ogle bid public for a reason. It alerts others and pushes up the fee they can get for him. I’m sure we didn’t want that info getting out so but of gamesmanship on their part I’d assume.

They’re clearly in a stronger position after their takeover and will sell at the right price. Just as we would next season with our better players on decent contracts. We might not get him, based on our valuation of the player but I’m sure 2-3 players for that position have been identified.

Again, we’re looking at hungry players who can and will make that step up through the divisions rather than those that have enjoyed careers at a higher level but have either lost a yard, lost their way or just looking for a home to ride out their last few years. So much different to previous recruitment strategies!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Scunny have made the Ogle bid public for a reason. It alerts others and pushes up the fee they can get for him. I’m sure we didn’t want that info getting out so but of gamesmanship on their part I’d assume.

They’re clearly in a stronger position after their takeover and will sell at the right price. Just as we would next season with our better players on decent contracts. We might not get him, based on our valuation of the player but I’m sure 2-3 players for that position have been identified.

Again, we’re looking at hungry players who can and will make that step up through the divisions rather than those that have enjoyed careers at a higher level but have either lost a yard, lost their way or just looking for a home to ride out their last few years. So much different to previous recruitment strategies!

...or lower league French players.We've come a long way in a short time.