Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

11 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Surely someone on here is in In the know about a possible right back? 

Anybody? 

It’ll be announced when it’s announced. Ideally i’m sure DU would have wanted 1 in by now, but clearly we are going for players who are somewhat sought after or already have clubs (evident with Scunthorpe’s recent update where they confirmed we bid for a player), and so these often take time for all parties to agree on. 
I was hoping for a signing today, but not worried about it and no major rush. 

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if we are not after a recognised right back, but I think we have sufficient resources to fill in for a few games - Sutton, Shelton- without weakening the positions they play in, which means we don't have to push the boat out cash wise. And if we can't find one we want at a price we like I would have thought young right backs available on loan from the EFL are ten a penny. Not that we need ten, that would be silly.

I'm pretty sure we are still sniffing around Ogle and probably holding out for who Unsworth feels is the right man, Ogle hasn't featured for Scunthorpe pre season yet which could be telling, if we start with Sutton or Shelton there I wouldn't be too worried though it's important anyone we bring in improves us so I think an untested loan will probably be out of the question.

4 minutes ago, astottie said:

I'd be surprised if we are not after a recognised right back, but I think we have sufficient resources to fill in for a few games - Sutton, Shelton- without weakening the positions they play in, which means we don't have to push the boat out cash wise. And if we can't find one we want at a price we like I would have thought young right backs available on loan from the EFL are ten a penny. Not that we need ten, that would be silly.

Ofcourse we will be, the fact is we are a month out from the start of the season and we are effectively 1 player short of a promotion winning team. We aren't constricted by the transfer window in the national league either so we can wait.

At this stage of the summer most years we have usually only put the bones on a side that might be good enough to avoid relegation if that.

It's going to be fine everyone relax Frank, Darren, and Dave have got this.

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

aussie rules? used to watch it as a kid do half the players still have mullets?

5 hours ago, Ackey said:

More than. And 'taches!

Some of them look ridiculous.

They can't half play though.

Only game in the world that you can be 5 goals up/down with 5 minutes to go and still not feel confident of the result.

It's brilliant and gut wrenching at the same time and the only thing truly good about Australia. 

Except maybe Margot Robbie and Caitlin in the office.

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Some of them look ridiculous.

They can't half play though.

Only game in the world that you can be 5 goals up/down with 5 minutes to go and still not feel confident of the result.

It's brilliant and gut wrenching at the same time and the only thing truly good about Australia. 

Except maybe Margot Robbie and Caitlin in the office.

Actually sounds like watching Oldham, '87 to '94. What a trip that was.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l did used to watch that yeah but late 80's there was an early morning Aussie rules highlights prog too

Futbol Mundial aswell used to always watch that

It was 1987 on Channel4. It was one of their first sports programmes along with Tour de France. Early Sunday morning. It was the year that the Brisbane Bears or Bad News Bears came into existence before merging with the Fitzroy Lions in 1997. Been with Brisbane ever since!

Sunday was great. AFL, Big Match, Ski Sunday and/or Grand Prix.

Edit: And we still need a right back.

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

It was 1987 on Channel4. It was one of their first sports programmes along with Tour de France. Early Sunday morning. It was the year that the Brisbane Bears or Bad News Bears came into existence before merging with the Fitzroy Lions in 1997. Been with Brisbane ever since!

Sunday was great. AFL, Big Match, Ski Sunday and/or Grand Prix.

Edit: And we still need a right back.

l thought so but then my brain started doubting channel 4 in 1987. they used to boss Sports coverage for insomniacs!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

You need help

Supporters negativity will only disappear once we have something to finally celebrate.  We have a bitter fanbase but for good reason.  

It's usually people who were fortunate enough to remember the glory years who don't understand this.

Try being under 40!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, O.A.F.C. said:

Supporters negativity will only disappear once we have something to finally celebrate.  We have a bitter fanbase but for good reason.  

It's usually people who were fortunate enough to remember the glory years who don't understand this.

Try being under 40!!

lve been 29 for about 16 years does that count?

• Like 1