Summer 2023 Player Signing News & Rumours

On 1/14/2024 at 11:58 AM, Monty Burns said:

based on what??? they play 'up front' and you had never heard of them before??

ok Alf, once youve finished doing the club accounts and 'scouting' any chance can you go sit down for a bit and leave the Football to the Football people?

baffles me people see things so binary.

ffs.

Who's Alf?

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I did see your post. He's never seen Berry play live and distorted the game time facts to suit his narrative.

It's also wrong to write off a player ar 23yo.

In my opinion it's not valid and I'll say so.

I blocked you because like Mcfluff you appeared to adversely question every comment and not give any credit.

I think you’ve proved my point…..

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I did see your post. He's never seen Berry play live and distorted the game time facts to suit his narrative.

It's also wrong to write off a player ar 23yo.

In my opinion it's not valid and I'll say so.

I blocked you because like Mcfluff you appeared to adversely question every comment and not give any credit.

If these player's are good enough for the best side in the league (by miles)

They'd of been double good enough here

Best not to see any of their posts, sniping shite anyway

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I guess you don't know the talent Chesterfield have out wide. 

Now tell me you wouldn't want a player who scored their winner tonight.

I see Luke Duffy who Macclesfield replaced Berry with is now getting rave reviews and he's a player I enjoyed watching at Warrington, he scored a cracking goal as Macc put five past Dorking on Saturday, who incidentally had Linney and Tunde (2), two players I also flagged up on here months ago on the score sheet as well. Tunde is a right handful, strong runner with an eye for goal.

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Awful defending that. Hope they're as shit at the back when we play them in the play-offs.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

18 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Is there anyone we have on the books that can do what Berry did at the end there? 

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I back my judgement, you clearly hope I'm wrong.

You’ve literally made that up. He never mentioned your Judgement or said he thinks you’re wrong. He gave his opinion- that’s it. 

If you took the trouble to do some research you'd know Chesterfield fans rate Berry highly and he will go on to far better things.

He did do some research- with the amounts of games and his goal record in those appearances, you’re countering that with other fans opinions- something you don’t like him doing. . . 

When you've actually seen him play live I'd take your comments more seriously.

So, what are you saying? Because you’ve seen him live- the conversation is over? How many managers have signed players off stats, highlights, recommendations- without seeing them live. . . you’re talking nonsense. 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

you appeared to adversely question every comment and not give any credit.

Not give credit?? 😂😂 How dare he! 

Honestly BP- what do you want us to do? Bow down and clap to your superior knowledge on every player you like? 

You’re very quick to highlight people sniping at you, disagreeing with you, or even just having a different opinion. What seems to go complete over your  head,  is you’re not bad at that yourself. . . as the above shows. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

You’ve literally made that up. He never mentioned your Judgement or said he thinks you’re wrong. He gave his opinion- that’s it. 

He did do some research- with the amounts of games and his goal record in those appearances, you’re countering that with other fans opinions- something you don’t like him doing. . . 

So, what are you saying? Because you’ve seen him live- the conversation is over? How many managers have signed players off stats, highlights, recommendations- without seeing them live. . . you’re talking nonsense. 

Honestly BP- what do you want us to do? Bow down and clap to your superior knowledge on every player you like? 

You’re very quick to highlight people sniping at you, disagreeing with you, or even just having a different opinion. What seems to go complete over your  head,  is you’re not bad at that yourself. . . as the above shows. 

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick
Meh

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Glad you took such an interest.  Won't quell me though.

I did notice you made no comment on the Berry goal I referred to, which I said was typical of him.

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, oafcmb said:

Nevermind Berry what happened to this veteran winger we apparently signed? 

David Eyres you mean? He's the agent who recommended young Walker, but I suppose he could still do a job playing wide. 😁

Edited by BP1960

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

David Eyres you mean? He's the agent who recommended young Walker, but I suppose he could still do a job playing wide. 😁

He would sure get in the team now 🤣

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Glad you took such an interest.  Won't quell me though.

I did notice you made no comment on the Berry goal I referred to, which I said was typical of him.

I notice you completely brushed over what I said to make it about your trained eye. Again. 

One minute you’re the victim and blocking people, the next you’re doing the very thing you say you don’t like- bitching at people for having the temerity to hold a different opinion. You either don’t like negative discourse, or you welcome it and enjoy gaslighting. You can’t have it both ways. 

On Berry- remind me, what’s the rules again? 

Do I have to have seen him live to comment? Or does it only count if you and Chesterfield fans have? 

Do stats count- or do we disregard them because you rate them? 

Tell me what to say to validate your trained eye, and I will do. 

• Like 4

I see Stockton signed for Barrow on loan, even though he’s a big name I was not sold on him. Still think we need a Stones/ Paul Warne type who can do the running for Norwood. I fear for Norwoods, Mellons and Conlons sanity having to coach Fondop were to stand through the game. 

25 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I see Stockton signed for Barrow on loan, even though he’s a big name I was not sold on him. Still think we need a Stones/ Paul Warne type who can do the running for Norwood. I fear for Norwoods, Mellons and Conlons sanity having to coach Fondop were to stand through the game. 

I suspect Reid might occupy that role in the meantime when fit, assuming MM doesn’t bring someone in. He’s best we’ve got at running the channels and has a decent scoring rate. He’d use Fondop more away from home.

• Like 1