2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Got to laugh at the moronic pricks on Twatter, not got a brain cell amongst them.

Hilarious reaction from some to what was a glorified training session on astro turf. DU has made it clear this is all about a steady six week build up to the start of the season.

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Hilarious reaction from some to what was a glorified training session on astro turf. DU has made it clear this is all about a steady six week build up to the start of the season.

Agreed, and you can still look to take plenty of positives from that. Such as;

1. Defensively look fine, impressed with the young lad 1st half. RB struggled a bit 2nd half at times. 

2. Lundstram looks good

3. Fondop and Willoughby looked lively enough. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Typing OAFC into Twitter would suggest not.

Twitter is a breeding ground for pricks of the highest order. Unfortunately, it's the only place I can go to for friendlies information but that is now under review after witnessing the WUMs in fine form today.

Just now, Wardie said:

Twitter is a breeding ground for pricks of the highest order. Unfortunately, it's the only place I can go to for friendlies information but that is now under review after witnessing the WUMs in fine form today.

Same, I don't know why I still go on there expected intelligent opinions. Anyone complaining about the first friendly of pre-season is, frankly, not very bright. It's a fitness test, that's it

It was just a fitness excersise that doesn't matter. 

That said, there's never a bad time to remind everyone that the justified feeling of expectation means the pressure on DU starts from game one of the season. None of this "need time to gel" bollocks. A shite performance against Southend and there should - rightly - be concern...

Edited by JoeP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Agreed, and you can still look to take plenty of positives from that. Such as;

1. Defensively look fine, impressed with the young lad 1st half. RB struggled a bit 2nd half at times. 

2. Lundstram looks good

3. Fondop and Willoughby looked lively enough. 

Think it was Frazer Cookson. Had a good half and never stopped talking.

Looks a prospect.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It was just a fitness excersise that doesn't matter. 

That said, there's never a bad time to remind everyone that the justified feeling of expectation means the pressure on DU starts from game one of the season. None of this "need time to gel" bollocks. A shite performance against Southend and there should - rightly - be concern...

You're praying for it,  we all know. A bad performance in one game shouldn't cause concern

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think it was Frazer Cookson. Had a good half and never stopped talking.

Looks a prospect.

Yep, he does. Needs to beef up a little, which is an obvious thing to say for a kid his age but looking forward to seeing his progress. 

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What formation(s) did we play.

Looked like 4-4-2

1st half: GK Hudson DL Kitching DC Cookson DC Hobson DR Sutton ML Couto MC Shelton MC Sheron MR Kofi STR Nuttall STR Reid.

2nd half: Norman DL Couto DC Hogan DC Raglan DR Chapman ML Tollet MC Lundstram MC Sutton MR Green STR Fondop STR Willoughby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I treat pre season in much the same way as the players should, to ease me back in and get ready for when the season starts. As someone else said, it’s more social (for me) than serious.
People will overreact, as some would the other way if we’d put six or seven past them.

If I had to make an observation, I’d say we looked pretty much like we did in the second half of last season, solid, organised, but fairly dull.

I expect us to get better each game, as the side becomes more settled with a lot fewer changes as the games tick off, but friendlies are basically just a public training session.

24 minutes ago, ceskylatic said:

Looked like 4-4-2

1st half: GK Hudson DL Kitching DC Cookson DC Hobson DR Sutton ML Couto MC Shelton MC Sheron MR Kofi STR Nuttall STR Reid.

2nd half: Norman DL Couto DC Hogan DC Raglan DR Chapman ML Tollet MC Lundstram MC Sutton MR Green STR Fondop STR Willoughby.

Interesting one playing Sutton in centre mid in the 2nd half.  How did he do?

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I thought midfield was our weakest area for the entire game to be honest, especially in the middle (except Lundstram), and so take from that what you will in terms of Sutton.

He certainly ain’t no midfielder thats for sure. 

Just now, the_mighty_bosh said:

He looked a bit lost there to be honest. Hogan kept barking at him to get back into position. Was worth looking at, first pre-season game and all that. 
I was impressed with Lundstram, I think he’ll do well alongside Sheron when we play 2 in the middle.