3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Totally. There’ll be injuries, suspensions, dips in form etc but we still should have decent quality to choose from. 

Weren’t we relying on Chris Porter this time last year?!

Indeed and when we have those dips in form injuries and suspensions we will ride it out quite easily.

What I hope is that whichever players are not in the 1st 11 at the start (not just the strikers we have depth across the whole pitch) realise how important they are to the success of this season. They will be crucial. No team can get promoted anymore purely off the strength of its 1st 11 it needs that second 11 who will all play a part this season if we are tobget promotion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

If I'm being honest, no. I think Reid and Willoughby are fine. Fondop is a good impact player, but I really believe that we should replace Nuttall with a substantial upgrade. Everyone has their own opinion. I think he's ponderous, has a poor first touch, has no pace, doesn't chase defenders down and doesn't even attempt to track back when he loses the ball. 

Hopefully, he'll prove me wrong. 

Where are we finding someone who is "significantly better" than someone who got 16 goals last season? Bearing in mind, we've only had 3 players score more league goals than that in a season in the last 25 years...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

If I'm being honest, no. I think Reid and Willoughby are fine. Fondop is a good impact player, but I really believe that we should replace Nuttall with a substantial upgrade. Everyone has their own opinion. I think he's ponderous, has a poor first touch, has no pace, doesn't chase defenders down and doesn't even attempt to track back when he loses the ball. 

Hopefully, he'll prove me wrong. 

Would you not say that even if Nuttall had a stinker of a season that the other 3 are perfectly capable of scoring enough between them to get us up?

4 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Why can't People just be positive?

Because on a forum-  it’s boring? 

Imagine if every time someone posted a comment on a player it just got 26 likes and no reply. No one would bother posting after a while. 

Secretly we all love the disagreements, because it makes the forum interesting. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

Imagine if every time someone posted a comment on a player it just got 26 likes and no reply. No one would bother posting after a while. 

And secretly, and not so secretly in some cases, we all love a good moan.

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Secretly we all love the disagreements 

No we don't

2 hours ago, Steve_R said:

And secretly, and not so secretly in some cases, we all love a good moan.

I'm fed up of stuff like this

• Like 3

Just now, League one forever said:

Give over NZ. 

I could pull loads of posts from yourself where you debate, and disagree with others. If you don’t enjoy that- why do it? 

Bugger. I did think that my previous post should probably have included a winking emoji or a lol or something!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, League one forever said:

Fair enough if it's a few weeks/months into the season, but we haven't even kicked off yet and people are whinging about a guy who didn't even play in a 6-1 win. I don't mind disagreements but come on.

16 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Fair enough if it's a few weeks/months into the season, but we haven't even kicked off yet and people are whinging about a guy who didn't even play in a 6-1 win. I don't mind disagreements but come on.

I wasn’t making a Nuttall specific point, just a general one about ‘everyone be positive about everything’ 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I'm basing my argument on last season. Basing anything on pre-season is ridiculous. I just don't get what anyone sees in him, but I am genuinely happy to be proven wrong in the coming season. I hope he does impress. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Give over NZ. 

I could pull loads of posts from yourself where you debate, and disagree with others. If you don’t enjoy that- why do it? 

In case it wasn't clear, for lols I was arguing with you saying that people loved arguing and I was moaning about Steve saying people loved moaning. I now realise that having to explain the joke makes it a lot less funny than I thought it was when I typed it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I wasn’t making a Nuttall specific point, just a general one about ‘everyone be positive about everything’ 

That's fair enough, and it is a discussion forum. I'm probably being a bit reactionary, it just worries me that if certain players/the team don't get off to a flyer there's gonna be an immediate backlash. This season should be a clean slate I think, for everyone.

No idea about Chorley away match,  I was checking out Norwegian rain. 

However to join the debate, if two of our strikers bag 20+ goals next season and the other two chip in with 15+, we will win the league. 

DU will be carried shoulder high along with Frank up to the pub for a good drink. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

However to join the debate, if two of our strikers bag 20+ goals next season and the other two chip in with 15+, we will win the league. 

DU will be carried shoulder high along with Frank up to the pub for a good drink. 

I'd just like to point out I will not be volunteering for this

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lags said:

Bags I being on Frank's team !! 😮‍💨 😳

58 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

In case it wasn't clear, for lols I was arguing with you saying that people loved arguing and I was moaning about Steve saying people loved moaning. I now realise that having to explain the joke makes it a lot less funny than I thought it was when I typed it!

Whinging pom!

Edited by L1onheartNew
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

😂

Sorry mate, completely missed that. 🤦🏻‍♂️ And I retrospectively just laughed. So your comedy is alive and well. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

People were saying he should be our 1st choice striker, others were pointing out his deficiencies, that is healthy debate.