Unsworth Out

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Has to happen.

The man is a fucking idiot if he cannot see where our problems lie. 

Yes we need a RB, but we need a lot more than Lundstram in CM to sort this out. The management/coaching is horrendous. Best pre season possible apparently.

And as for the fans, some absolute nob heads amongst us. Constant vitriol towards Nuttall but not a word about Fondop’s air shot at 1-0. If that was Nuttall, people would be foaming at the mouth.

If Unsworth thinks our only issue is RB, he’s warped.

Thought exactly the same re Fondop’s miss and the furore there would have been if Nuttall was responsible.

Today at least, the main problem was not with the strikers but with the gutless performance from midfield. 

2 minutes ago, JED said:

Thought exactly the same re Fondop’s miss and the furore there would have been if Nuttall was responsible.

Today at least, the main problem was not with the strikers but with the gutless performance from midfield. 

Shelton was piss poor last season yet people on here made out he was Iniesta

I’ve defended Unsworth to a point based on the improvement second half of last season but even that was mostly dire matches where we scraped a win or a draw. Having been at the game today I’ve had enough, Unsworth and his lame sidekick Ebrell have to go.

We knew all about Southend down our right flank and we had all summer and clearly plenty of money to strengthen central midfield and find a proper right back and yet here we are, 7 or 8 attacking players that we can’t use because we are locked into a defensive set up with a powder puff midfield and a terrified kid playing totally out of position at right back!

The silver lining is Sutton can’t be played there for the next three games but our clown in chief will presumably convert the Southend lad to right back and fuck up his career too

..and as for Norwood, fuck me he has made a huge mistake coming here but I guess the rumoured 4k a week will keep him happy

UNSWORTH OUT!

• Like 2

The board would be a laughing stock in the football world if they dismissed him with the season one game old, especially after backing him so heavily over the summer.

The time to part ways was outside the changing rooms after the Bromley game, but that opportunity has now gone and, alas, here he is. They'll allow him to sign a full back this week and he has the luxury of two very, very winnable home games coming in. Things should look a lot better at the end of August...

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The board would be a laughing stock in the football world if they dismissed him with the season one game old, especially after backing him so heavily over the summer.

The time to part ways was outside the changing rooms after the Bromley game, but that opportunity has now gone and, alas, here he is. They'll allow him to sign a full back this week and he has the luxury of two very, very winnable home games coming in. Things should look a lot better at the end of August...

Norwich sacked Gunn after getting dicked 7 1 at home to Colchester on opening day. Have some balls Frank and get this car salesman gone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Norwich sacked Gunn after getting dicked 7 1 at home to Colchester on opening day. Have some balls Frank and get this car salesman gone. 

Quite. I just think the club board would look naive at best to part with him now after sticking with him through some dark times last season and backing him heavily this summer...

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

fuckinell Lee Sinnott is tryna save us from ourselves!!!!

what an absolute shocker of a day

It's easier to be more relaxed, I suppose, when I haven't spent ten hours getting to Southend and back. Would perhaps be a different post from me completely if I'd gone today and wasted all of that time, effort and money...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's easier to be more relaxed, I suppose, when I haven't spent ten hours getting to Southend and back. Would perhaps be a different post from me completely if I'd gone today and wasted all of that time, effort and money...

yes. quite.

20 minutes ago, Fervid said:

I would be very concerned if our new board reacted in such a knee jerk and emotional way. They’ve decided to back him, so that needs to be assessed properly over time if it was the correct call or not. 

If it’s not working after what they consider a reasonable period then I’m confident they’ll do what’s necessary.