Unsworth Out

28 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Norwich sacked Gunn after getting dicked 7 1 at home to Colchester on opening day. Have some balls Frank and get this car salesman gone. 

Yes they gave the job to the Colchester manager and duly went up - ARE YOU LISTENING FRANK ?????

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I said he was shite and couldn't pass last season. Nobody agreed, people talking about how good his distribution was. Taken one game this season for people to see the light on that one

Don't think I saw a single person praise Shelton last season. All the Latics fans I know and every post on here was rightly saying he's bang average at very best. Not sure where you've been seeing people praise him...

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I said he was shite and couldn't pass last season. Nobody agreed, people talking about how good his distribution was. Taken one game this season for people to see the light on that one

I don’t think I was alone in thinking he was a massive disappointment and I kept hoping he’d eventually ‘click’.

Ain’t happened and surely right back beckons until we sign someone more suited to the position.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

firstly, thanks to everybody for not saying 'typical Latics' altho l think one of The Biggies came close. not sure if it was dog or Joe.

secondly, sorry for saying typical Latics.

Typical Monty

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Would be absolutely bonkers to back the manager to the extent they have over the summer and then sack him after one game... 

It would.

It's also such a monumentally bad defeat given the context that he's used up a lot of the credit/goodwill that he built at the end of last season, in a single game.

The rest of the club looks to be moving forward at a good speed, if Unsworth doesn't understand that he's not moving at the same speed as us after a defeat like that then he never will.

• Like 2

I've never been a fan of Unsworth and probably never will unless he gets us in the playoffs with the money and backing  which Sheridan  never had.

I will still give him until October  to  get us in the top 7 but if not I'd do my best to get Pete Wild off Barrow who loves our club with the passion which the arrogant Unsworth lacks.

• Like 1

Paid big money to stay down here for 2 nights and a 500 mile round trip to watch that totally negative set up, WTF! has he not learned anything from last season, I was all for giving him time this season, but after that shit show today he can pack his bags for me 🤬🤬

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Don't think I saw a single person praise Shelton last season. All the Latics fans I know and every post on here was rightly saying he's bang average at very best. Not sure where you've been seeing people praise him...

Same here.Can he show where all these fans who love him are?

6 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Would be absolutely bonkers to back the manager to the extent they have over the summer and then sack him after one game... 

Maybe “only one” game would seem bonkers to sack him, but how many matches would you give him, just to avoid people saying you are bonkers.

The thing is that it isn’t only one game.  We have watched a season of this management now. We have watched the management team in place have a full off season and a fair amount of financial backing. We have just all had the new season optimism knocked out of us. No apparent improvement made. For me, another 2 poor performances and I will be ready to get behind the “DU out”.  I don’t fancy another season like last year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Quite. I just think the club board would look naive at best to part with him now after sticking with him through some dark times last season and backing him heavily this summer...

I feel giving him a whole season and off season shows they have give him a good chance to show if he can improve the team and it’s results.  They will look naive and indecisive if they don’t respond to 2 or 3 similar poor performances this month. I really hope that things will look better by the end of August either with an improvement in results or a new manager.

Toxic after one game but he's brought that on himself,

I keep on half forgiving the man by saying a couple of wins will paper over the cracks, imagine if they're not forthcoming?

Then what? 

Big decisions need taking fast and they weren't, if nothing changes this season after getting what he asked for, he might even struggle to get a job as a car salesman.

I’m not suggesting for one minute he’s not here in a month but realistically who is out there that could get us up?.

Forget Pete Wild his stock is League 1 and will have eyes on the championship.

The post match interview with John was so lacklustre and didn’t give me much confidence. We all are a bit shell shocked but it was just a pan faced response.

4 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I’m not suggesting for one minute he’s not here in a month but realistically who is out there that could get us up?.

Forget Pete Wild his stock is League 1 and will have eyes on the championship.

The post match interview with John was so lacklustre and didn’t give me much confidence. We all are a bit shell shocked but it was just a pan faced response.

If there's no one obvious, advertise and do a competitive interview process and see what comes out of that.

Could find the next LJ..

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If there's no one obvious, advertise and do a competitive interview process and see what comes out of that.

Could find the next LJ..

That would be the common sense approach but we tend to do things differently here?.😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

I’m sorry but there needs to be a strong revolt to get this man out of the club and the Foundation should be pushing for it armed with whatever they need, be it a petition or signatures.

We simply CANNOT spurn the golden opportunity that has been awarded to the club, in Frank Rothwell and his family.

The family’s intervention and investment will have been in vain if Unsworth is allowed to continue.

Why? Well. If we fail again this season (which looks likely) you will lose the extra bounce in attendance and the feel good factor around the place. We also have players that are of high quality (on paper) and will be being paid substantial wages for this level. This is not sustainable given our current projection.

This feels like the last chance for this football club, which has been the monolith of defeat for over 30 years now, to actually do something… but it will not happen with the man who is our manager.

He is a fundamentally dishonest man, inept and lacks the respect that is required to be a manager that represents the football club.

Sack him. NOW.

It's a shame you've just missed an election. It'd be interesting to see how many votes you'd get if you stood as a candidate, pledging to turn OASF into a protest group that campaigns to get managers sacked.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Definitely enough disagreeing with my pointing out he was shite

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Same here.Can he show where all these fans who love him are?

Have a look back through some match posts if you want

21 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

He’s best mates with the podcast boys and presumes everyone loves him as much as they do

You clearly don't know who I am then

15 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Definitely enough disagreeing with my pointing out he was shite

Have a look back through some match posts if you want

You clearly don't know who I am then

Not sure what relevance that has to anything. Please enlighten me

Frank & Co have gone full tilt with this guy and it’s going to be a difficult decision to fire him off admitting they were wrong.

We’ve only seen the 1st game of a new season and as bad as it was a knee jerk reaction is not what’s needed. However, after watching that game there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that the changes in squad personnel have made any appreciable difference.

Yesterday was just about as bad as it gets and the 700 Latics fans who made the trip to Southend and witnessed that shite along with the 4K ST holders will rightly be demanding some answers.

We have to hope yesterday was a one off but we know from last season a lot of the games followed a similar pattern!

We had all hoped for a good start at Southend but nobody could have predicted such an abysmal showing as we got yesterday which was as bad as anything I saw from that truly horrendous squad last season!

It’s early days but the unbelievable backing Unsworth has had from Frank and the board deserves so much better. I so want him to be a success here but unfortunately, If there are any repeat performances against Aldershot and Halifax his job has to be seriously under threat!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Not sure what relevance that has to anything. Please enlighten me

Sorry, my mistake. As this is the Unsworth out thread I thought the post I replied to was referring to Unsworth’s claim a while ago that he had a great relationship with the fans now.

I should pay attention more, but still don’t know who you are or why that should matter.