MATCH: vs Aldershot (H) 12/08/23

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just thought I'd pick a player and hammer him for no reason. Thought it must feel good with how often people do it. It didn't. 

Yes but I doubt Nuttall was being hammered “for no reason”. The posts I’ve seen that criticised him were doing so because of his work rate, contributions etc. By contrast he’s been praised, by many of his critics, because yesterday he had a great game. What’s wrong with that?

I’m not having a pop at you in isolation. It seems to me that, yes, Unsworth was hammered as you put it because of the team selection, formation, tactics and attitude v Southend (and in previous games). Then, yesterday, there was a complete change of style and bingo, we win 5-1 - and this time Unsworth and the team get rightly praised. What is wrong or inconsistent about that? Some people seem to want to score points and make out that slating the manager/team when they play badly while praising them when they play well is somehow hypocritical. It really isn’t.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes but I doubt Nuttall was being hammered “for no reason”. The posts I’ve seen that criticised him were doing so because of his work rate, contributions etc. By contrast he’s been praised, by many of his critics, because yesterday he had a great game. What’s wrong with that?

I’m not having a pop at you in isolation. It seems to me that, yes, Unsworth was hammered as you put it because of the team selection, formation, tactics and attitude v Southend (and in previous games). Then, yesterday, there was a complete change of style and bingo, we win 5-1 - and this time Unsworth and the team get rightly praised. What is wrong or inconsistent about that? Some people seem to want to score points and make out that slating the manager/team when they play badly while praising them when they play well is somehow hypocritical. It really isn’t.

Yep…you can only go off the last performance and yesterday was much better than what we’re used to and has set a new bar for Unsworth and his team.

Any change of formation and tactics on Tuesday which result in a defeat and he will rightly be slated again!!

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Spot on Worcester. 

It’s not a difficult concept is it. 

We debate what we see, without some made up agenda.  Or this perverse fascination with one or two of fan bashing others for having the temerity to disagree. 

When individuals are poor - they get criticised 

When individuals play well- they get praised. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

0-1 Peter Clarke the AI is saying. l think it has mastered humour or it's broke.

After watching the women's world cup, I didn't realise just how much of a PC clone Millie Bright is.

She has been phenomenal throughout.

Chat gpt tells me that she is our next signing and provided the vb script on how to complete it.

I tested the script, but it keeps throwing an error at the Will Sutton variable.

Just seen the Aldershot lad's blog, and it's a good watch. Fair background intro and gracious after match comments.

One thing I noticed after the goals was the perimeter lights showing "Goal for Latics" etc  and bizarrely when we were established* ? which I've never noticed before. 🤓

* Note to whoever's responsible - there's an aitch in established !  

• Like 1

Absolutely cracking Vlog from the Aldershot lad (I got to a few Shots games so have seen them before) 

I really hope they do ok this season, their fans are great and the East Bank terrace can be rocking just like the RRE 

I tell you what, how good does BP look and sound? 🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

How can you possibly be mean to Aldershot's version of Beaker from The Muppets? Shame on y'all.

TBF, he puts his content together quite skilfully. But standing on a terrace with a phone on selfie-mode all match is my idea of pure hell. A pox on modern football.

I saw The Hives on Saturday night and someone's posted the entire 50min set online from one phone. If that fuck had been stood in front of me with their hand up I'd have snapped the bastard thing in half. Just live the bloody moment! Old man rant over.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ackey said:

I saw The Hives on Saturday night and someone's posted the entire 50min set online from one phone. If that fuck had been stood in front of me with their hand up I'd have snapped the bastard thing in half. Just live the bloody moment! Old man rant over.

There's only one place I'd rather be and that's down there videoing me. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic