MATCH: vs Aldershot (H) 12/08/23

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Nuttall actually got decent service.

I'll be doing my celebrating when i get home with a few beers while you fokd your Unsworth out banner up for a while

I don’t know what fokd means. 

But enjoy your evening. 

Edited by League one forever

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I said a few times last Saturday was absolutely shite. Also said quite clearly one game a season does not make. Unlike some overreacting weirdos on here and Twatter

Yep. One game doesn't define the season so today's result, while thoroughly deserved, must only be seen as a starting point. 

Teams will be wary of us when BP is like today, great atmosphere and response from players, so it will be tough going forward. However we can be optimistic, particularly with good players still to return.

And if Nuttall can string together a few more displays like that I'll be chuffed. He was excellent. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes...

Horrible day for the Nuttall is shit lads.

Horrible day for the Shelton and Sheron can't play in midfield together lads.

Horrible day for those who cant be on here posting because there are no negatives.

Horrible day for those who said new RB was a shit signing

SAS are still a problem but with Lundstram to come back in that’s eases that a little.

We should control the midfield more, but absolutely no complaints really about today. And so happy for Nuttall to stick it back to the haters.

50 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

five with Freeman

I was holding fire on him, but I wouldn't argue with you. He allowed Tollit to wander and not bother about position or defending which is when you get the best out of him.

• Like 1

Thought Norwood was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch today. He came short, linked play, gave us a real physical presence and obviously looked a real goal threat. Nuttall linked really well with him. Dickenson obviously did well and scored a great goal but not sure how he got MOM ahead of Norwood. I also thought Shelton was very good today, looked very controlled and Tollit confirmed what i said last season, he does look a footballer who can actually control it and pick a pass. All in all a good performance.

• Like 5

4-4- fucking 2 I tell you.

What a difference when we don't start a back 5 with 4 centrehalfs, looked like we actually had some footballers playing today.

Norwood is way too good for this level, thought Kitching had his best game for a long while, Raglan and Hogan nice and solid, Freeman brought the balance. Midfield played better with the options out wide and the passing more crisp, special mention to Nuttall today who put four or five on a plate and not because of service but desire to put himself about and win his battles, that's the best I've seen from him by a country mile, he was quiet for 20 minutes but grew in to the game and Aldershot struggled against his and Norwoods presence. Let's hope they can build on that Tuesday night now.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 10

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It makes such a refreshing change to be arguing amongst ourselves after a big win!

Embrace it and hope for the same against the Shaymen because they'll be a serious showdown to contend with next weekend and another tough one at B.W

That's where we'll know the measure of the manager and team going forward but fantastic today no doubts about that.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What a difference when we don't start a back 5 with 4 centrehalfs, looked like we actually had some footballers playing today.

Norwood is way too good for this level, thought Kitching had his best game for a long while, Raglan and Hogan nice and solid, Freeman brought the balance. Midfield played better with the options out wide and the passing more crisp, special mention to Nuttall today who put four or five on a plate and not because of service but desire to put himself about and win his battles, that's the best I've seen from him by a country mile, he was quiet for 20 minutes but grew in to the game and Aldershot struggled against his and Norwoods presence. Let's hope they can build on that Tuesday night now.

be so much easier for Nuttall with Norwood doin all that work and taking all the spotlight. brilliantly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Embrace it and hope for the same against the Shaymen because they'll be a serious showdown to contend with next weekend and another tough one at B.W

That's where we'll know the measure of the manager and team going forward but fantastic today no doubts about that.

is it not halifax on tues? l get l cud have made that up

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

is it not halifax on tues? l get l cud have made that up

It is, the Shaymen Monty ( did try and think of some witty tie in with The Shamen the popular pop combo from the 90's but nothing came to mind ) then we get down to the serious business against the apparent big beasts in this division currently of which we are one after today.

• Like 1

Well that was a real treat. We have not witnessed a performance like that for a long long time.

No weak links, everybody on the right wavelength,  and everybody pulling their tripe out for the cause. 

Special mention to Freeman, he looks a quality player. Also top marks to Sheron and Shelton who ran their balls off for the team.

However,  the whole team were brilliant, and all of them deserve lots of praise. And the manager should also take a pat on the back for getting the formation and game plan spot on.

11 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

It is, the Shaymen Monty ( did try and think of some witty tie in with The Shamen the popular pop combo from the 90's but nothing came to mind ) then we get down to the serious business against the apparent big beasts in this division currently of which we are one after today.

yeah its kinda close on The Shamen front with the pennine (ahem) mountains n shit goin on

Brilliant response today and the new signings seem to be doing their stuff, but let's not get too carried away.

Aldershot were 2nd favs for relegation behind Oxford City at the start of the.season and rightly so, so we should be dicking them at home.

Chesterfield next week and Borham Wood away the week after will be a better barometer of where we are.

• Like 1

We had a wobble at 3-0, went a bit flat and allowed Aldershot a sniff, we showed some character though and weathered the storm but that just proves if you ease off you're in trouble in this League, at 3-0 he was asking Nuttall to drop a little deeper but that just invited them on, only with the two up front pressing and the rest backing them up did we start to control the game again, fair play though they got the job done which is all that is required. Gardner looks as fit as I've seen him when he came on, fingers crossed he can stay fit.

Credit where it’s due they set up to have a go today something I hadn’t previously seen in a Unsy team.Must build on this on Tuesday now,in Norwood we’ve certainly got the striker but it’s all about the service which he thrived on today as Nuttall proved a perfect foil for him as his assists showed.We’ve set the standard today and the intent,well done players and management team.

That was definitely the best all round  performance I've seen in quite a while. They simply looked the real deal with their movement, passing accuracy, and the goals - wow. Taking their foot off the peddle after the break was unnecessary. Resulting, in my opinion - their goal and a little pressure. 

I too give a plaudit to Freeman, an experienced attacking full back who delivered. He looks the real deal. As did Norwood and Dickenson. They galvanised us into an attacking unit. It's one game I know but today was way superior to the dross we've been served up for years. What a joy to see us taking the game to the opposition with speed and accuracy.

Was today a fluke? We're about to find out, but I dont think so.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Special mentions are the reserve on Connor Brown.😆