MATCH: vs Aldershot (H) 12/08/23

Wow.. that was more like a latics side used to play.

Super goals especially  Dickensons and Tollitts.Glad Tollitt is back in since he can score some belters..Midfield tackled and was positive.Defence sound and our passing was excellent.Hopefully we can do the same against Halifax which will make it a cracker of a game at Chesterfield.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I've absolutely no doubt it was which is why today sounded like just the tonic.

Now the season has started.

Sorry for being pedantic but the season started last week, it's up to Unsworth to ensure we have no repeat of that. Take the plaudits today. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Still got the chuckle brother in midfield together 

Yes...

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Horrible day for the formation doesn’t matter lads. 😁

Horrible day for the Nuttall is shit lads.

Horrible day for the Shelton and Sheron can't play in midfield together lads.

Horrible day for those who cant be on here posting because there are no negatives.

Horrible day for those who said new RB was a shit signing

• Like 2

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes...

Horrible day for those who cant be on here posting because there are no negatives.

Horrible day that you haven't mentioned was last Saturday but we'll let you off that one

It's not about proving who's right and who's wrong or is it?

• Like 2

My thoughts. 

442. 442. 442 - Credit to Unsworth for ditching 352. So pleased he went with what turned it around last season. 

Norwood is a class above, his movement, awareness and finishing were all top drawer. He’ll get a hatful. 

Sheron and Shelton did a good job today playing as a two. 

Nuttall had his best game for us, and actually put himself about. His assist for the first a prime example. Please keep it up. 

Not seen us score 5 in a game in as long as I can remember. 

It was daughters first game, and she said- ‘this is great Dad.’

If only she knew. . 😂

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Horrible day that you haven't mentioned was last Saturday but we'll let you off that one

It's not about proving who's right and who's wrong or is it?

I said a few times last Saturday was absolutely shite. Also said quite clearly one game a season does not make. Unlike some overreacting weirdos on here and Twatter

I think with an actual right back in the starting line up and Tollit's re-emergence from the wilderness, the team selection looked to be more capable and attacking than the considerably defensive one last weekend. Absolutely wonderful that Nuttall had three assists, Norwood and Dickenson a brace each and Tollit reminding us what he can do when played in an attacking role.

I'm chuffed to bits with today, it has wiped out the despair from last week and to score five at BP must have been areal treat for the fans who turned out in force. Fingers crossed for a good result on Tuesday [another convincingly big score line would make Chesterfield sit up and notice] and some positive momentum to take forward.

If performances like today carry on, then the return of Lundstram, Green and Ward will provide some healthy options for Unsworth to use and he has Fondop and Reid to call upon. Again, I wish I could be there and hope everyone who made it relished the occasion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yes...

😂😂😂

Nuttal has been woeful- he had his best game for us today. One swallow doesn’t make a summer though and I want to see that a lot more often. 

Sheron and Shelton did fine last season once they settled into a 442. They played shit last week because of the formation- they played as a two again today. . . and bossed that midfield. 

Sad that you’re more bothered about other opinions than celebrating a fabulous win. 😎

Freeman was class. 

Enjoyed that today 

Apart from the 5-10 minute spell after their goal anyway

Hopefully that's a sign of things to come

Not sure how good or bad Aldershot are so will have to see how the next few weeks go before getting carried away

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

Nuttal has been woeful- he had his best game for us today. One swallow doesn’t make a summer though and I want to see that a lot more often. 

Sheron and Shelton did fine last season once they settled into a 442. They played shit last week because of the formation- they played as a two again today. . . and bossed that midfield. 

Sad that you’re more bothered about other opinions than celebrating a fabulous win. 😎

Freeman was class. 

Nuttall actually got decent service.

I'll be doing my celebrating when i get home with a few beers while you fokd your Unsworth out banner up for a while