Title deleted

• Lukers1 changed the title to .
10 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I hope Judith and his daughter and son (Luke) are asking him today if it’s really worth it.

I went to bed disgusted and then I’m reading remarks about the behaviour was justified and made great TV. This isn’t the club I support, 

I wouldn’t blame Frank for pulling the plug , his health is priority and we are all guilty of sniping and forgetting he saved our club. 

Over the last 12 months we have become a self entitled set of fans and it’s unpleasant to witness. We have all been guilty, me too.

He said last year in his press conference  he hated watching what happened at Hillsborough in his press conference then he had to witness that yesterday some are lapping it up as amazing support:

Either back the board on all matters or just leave, we wrestled for 4 years to get our club back but I’m actually questioning if we deserve one.

We are rapidly becoming the Leeds Untied of non league and an embarrassment.

Bit OTT that…Yes it was disgraceful and unfortunately as our fanbase grows the percentage of dickheads will increase, every club has them.

I think it’s time for Frank to stick to the directors box because if we don’t improve substantially the fan’s patience will be tested to the limit and if he’s sat in amongst the fans and we’re performing badly he will be a target!

The fans on the pitch must be identified and punished accordingly and the guy who pushed their keeper must be banned indefinitely!

Incidentally, how many of the pitch invaders were Athleticos. Frank has a good relationship with the group and should perhaps grab a Mike and have a word at the next home game!

• Like 1

Is it disgraceful for paying fans to ask for a managers head?, I think that's the last we'll see of Frank in the away end and there's a reason others don't do it, it's great while things are going well but the fans have had enough of Unsworth and his bullshit and they are looking to vent as a result, plenty have put more in to football clubs and received worse treatment.

As I said yesterday the honeymoon period is well and truly over. If they are going to stick by this dud it's likely to just get worse and worse, it's been a nightmare appointment for a variety of reasons and personally I think the Rothwells are being badly advised, everyone being pals and having their judgement clouded doesn't help, even some I know who wanted to give him time have now had enough and it's difficult to see how we can come out of this without a change somewhere. 

Whilst a point on the face of it may seem decent the performance was awful and I'd go as far as saying Unsworth looks out of his depth. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Is it disgraceful for paying fans to ask for a managers head?, I think that's the last we'll see of Frank in the away end and there's a reason others don't do it, it's great while things are going well but the fans have had enough of Unsworth and his bullshit and they are looking to vent as a result, plenty have put more in to football clubs and received worse treatment.

As I said yesterday the honeymoon period is well and truly over. If they are going to stick by this dud it's likely to just get worse and worse, it's been a nightmare appointment for a variety of reasons and personally I think the Rothwells are being badly advised, everyone being pals and having their judgement clouded doesn't help, even some I know who wanted to give him time have now had enough and it's difficult to see how we can come out of this without a change somewhere. 

Whilst a point on the face of it may seem decent the performance was awful and I'd go as far as saying Unsworth looks out of his depth. 

It's disgraceful to shout and swear in the face of the man who saved the club a year ago, yes. Absolutely no excuses. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's disgraceful to shout and swear in the face of the man who saved the club a year ago, yes. Absolutely no excuses. 

Fucking hell shouting in a beer fuelled away end, whatever next.

Giving him pelters wouldn't be my style but I'd suggest someone advise Frank to stay in the comfy surroundings of the directors box in future to save himself from some of the bellends who follow us, there's a reason owners keep their distance from the plebs associated with every club, it's great Frank travelled down on one of several booze buses yesterday and wants to experience the day out but away ends can become toxic and iin future  he needs to be better advised. 

Edited by yarddog73

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Giving him pelters wouldn't be my style but I'd suggest someone advise Frank to stay in the comfy surroundings of the directors box in future to save himself from some of the bellends who follow us, there's a reason owners keep their distance from the plebs associated with every club, it's great Frank travelled down on one of several booze buses yesterday and wants to experience the day out but away ends can become toxic and iin future  he needs to be better advised. 

He's got every right to sit where he wants. Shouldn't mean he should get shouted at because some people don't like the manager. The ridiculous thing about it is that Frank is probably the most approachable owner we've had. If someone wants to say something to him, approach him for a conversation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Don't be such an apologist for the knobhead fans

• Like 3

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I suppose Frank is a bit naive expecting some of our "away fans" to behave like adults.

22 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Don't be such an apologist for the knobhead fans

Whose excusing it?, I'm certainly not but from my very first away day in the mid eighties till now it's been exactly the same, you will always get that element- embarrassing as it is, every club has them and it's unlikely to go away, as has been said give them bans and clamp down on it, that goes for the Chrsterfield fans who got involved as well, there's no place for it.

• Matt changed the title to Title deleted
5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You maybe right... but where is the poll 'the fans have had enough'? I'll give you some fans have.  You claim fans, that's everyone. 

4 hours ago, nzlatic said:

He's got every right to sit where he wants.

Of course he has-BUT he also has every right to be safe and common sense if nobody else should be telling him 'that's enough of that'.

Be realistic-you ain't gonna stop supporters being idiots so remove yourself (like many of us do) from the situation.

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Whose excusing it?, I'm certainly not but from my very first away day in the mid eighties till now it's been exactly the same, you will always get that element- embarrassing as it is, every club has them and it's unlikely to go away, as has been said give them bans and clamp down on it, that goes for the Chrsterfield fans who got involved as well, there's no place for it.

Enough people on here and Twitter trying to excuse the knobheads. Blaming Norwood for his celebration. Blaming Frank fir being in with the fans. 

There are some proper CUNTS "supporting" us at the minute. Right down to a group of 8-10 year olds i keep seeing at home games. Other week they were screaming fuck off at a car that beeped as they walked into road. Against Halifax giving loads to away fans. Maybe its just people from Oldham

11 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose Frank is a bit naive expecting some of our "away fans" to behave like adults.

It's amazing how little responsibility people want to take for their own behaviour. Just because they've paid for a ticket it entitles them to act like monumental dickheads especially the awaydayboyz.

Personally I've had enough of giving vitriol to people connected with the club I want to leave alot of that in the past with the previous regime. I'm not going to join in calls for this manager to go it doesn't mean I agree with everything he will do or that I have no doubts about if he can get us up. But I'm going to support the manager and I'm also going to back these players some of whom I also have doubts about.

We are all aware that they are human beings right? They will have Mums, Dads wife's, brothers, sister, sons and daughters who can all read social media who will all sit in the stands and read and hear what we have to say right? I'm not saying Im whiter than white on this issue but we really do dehumanise some of these people sometimes.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's amazing how little responsibility people want to take for their own behaviour. Just because they've paid for a ticket it entitles them to act like monumental dickheads especially the awaydayboyz.

It's 21st century entitlement. It's happening more and more, the internet bleeds into The Real World.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's 21st century entitlement. It's happening more and more, the internet bleeds into The Real World.

We need to send an AI powered terminator back in time to assassinate Tim Berners-Lee.
Then again, I wouldn't be writing this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Indeed, no such thing as personal responsibility now, prime example yesterday. Nothing and nobody made, coerced caused or forced those fans to go on the pitch yesterday other than them. Full stop, the end .

16 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We are all aware that they are human beings right? They will have Mums, Dads wife's, brothers, sister, sons and daughters who can all read social media who will all sit in the stands and read and hear what we have to say right? I'm not saying Im whiter than white on this issue but we really do dehumanise some of these people sometimes.

This is a powerful point you make @GlossopLatic - if we stop for a moment and consider this, then we would all be far more tempered in our approach. They are human beings - 'treat them with a due amount of respect.

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yep, back in the good ol' days of the 70s, 80s and 90s you never would have had football fans running on the pitch and fighting each other.

I was thinking more of the shouting into someone's face rather than the 'fighting' - but you make a valid point, there have always been cretins fighting at football matches.

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yep, back in the good ol' days of the 70s, 80s and 90s you never would have had football fans running on the pitch and fighting each other.

A pair of bell bottoms and those glam rock high heeled shoes, it was carnage 🤣

If they didn't get you, the police horses did